Dress Shirts

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have suggestions for dress shirt brand/style? I'm pretty picky about my dress shirts and I have a hard time finding a brand that fits/works well. The fit that usually works best for me would probably be described as "athletic fit." The really slim stuff chokes me to death and I can't move my arms, but the "normal cut" stuff is generally made for really heavy people and the material gathers at my waist like a parachute.

My primary requirements are: athletic cut, stretchy, and easy care/no iron. Anyone found a dress shirt that they are in love with?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone have suggestions for dress shirt brand/style? I'm pretty picky about my dress shirts and I have a hard time finding a brand that fits/works well. The fit that usually works best for me would probably be described as "athletic fit." The really slim stuff chokes me to death and I can't move my arms, but the "normal cut" stuff is generally made for really heavy people and the material gathers at my waist like a parachute.

My primary requirements are: athletic cut, stretchy, and easy care/no iron. Anyone found a dress shirt that they are in love with?

I have nothing to offer other than suggesting you check in Men's Fashion. You might find what you're looking for there.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While they aren't traditional dress shirts, I really like the look of slim (and even Extra Slim) of the Express brand of shirts.

Keep in mind that I'm a bigger dude (6'4, 235 lbs), but I look great in the slim style shirts. It's tighter on my back so it gives the appearance of not being a fat mess.
https://www.express.com/mens-clothing/shirts/1mx-shirts/cat270001

I have about 9 of these shirts now. Normally they cost like $50-60/each, but they randomly have specials of buy 3 for $99. So I jumped on that shit.

If you sweat at all, you NEED to wear an undershirt with these. Even a little chest moisture makes the shirts look horrible, so undershirts do a fantastic job of absorbing it all. I found undershirts with a V-Neck & short sleeves, which masks the pit sweat over wife beater undershirts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you don't want to go the custom/MTO route check Charles Tyrwhitt. I'm a lifelong surfer so broad shoulders and a fairly narrow waist, their slim fit shirts fit my build well.

Don't buy full price, they have sales all the time. Make sure you're ordering non-iron, their regular shirts are a bitch to iron.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I can second the Charles Tyrwhitt stuff. I also buy my suit jackets from Express due to the cut. It's like you guys are in my closet.