DuckTales Remastered coming this summer (X360/PS3/PC/WiiU)

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I always thought the best ending was him swimming through a pool of money, but I just its just a big stack of cash. For decades I always thought there was a secret ending I was missing. Guess not ;O
There were multiple endings based on how much money/how many of the lost treasures you collected, but there was also a "secret" ending you could only get by finishing the game with 0$. Since you get money just for passing a level, the only way to do this was to exploit a pause bug/secret that subtracted something like 3,000,000$ at a time (while refilling your life) right before passing the game, but your total money had to be a multiple of 3 million, which is ridiculously difficult to do (without emulation at least).

rrr_img_32058.png

rrr_img_32059.png

rrr_img_32060.png

rrr_img_32061.png

More details onThe Cutting Room Floor.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Duck Tales is the closest thing I've ever seen to a hipster video game.

That being said, I'll probably buy it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
This is out on Steam and PSN now (won't be out on xbla until September 11). It is beautiful and awesome.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Thank you Sean for the reminder. Getting it on Steam now. Or should I get it on PSN.. Guess it shouldn't matter much.

edit: Just played a bit. The controlls seem a bit 'off' to me. Not game breaking bad, just not as fluent as I remember them on the NES. The cutscenes are cute, but not when I'm replaying a stage, and having to hit the start menu to select skip scene instead of just pushing a button during the scene is annoying, especially when they happen every 30 seconds it seems.

However, the graphics are pleasing. The music is amazing. And the updated level design is nice. The few little annoyances I have, outside of the controller, are easily overlookable. Pogo sticking just seems delayed, or just downright wierd. Probably just have to get used to it.

Easily worth the 15 bucks.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't get it. How is it a contest? Doesn't there have to be a prize for something to qualify as a contest?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Looks like a lot of fun, but I can't imagine it being worth 15$. I'd rather either wait for a Steam sale or just wait for it to inevitably be free for Playstation Plus members.

The IGN review told me pretty much everything I needed to know. Looks great, sounds great, plays great, action is interrupted a bit too often with cut scenes that are somewhat awkward to skip. I can't stand reading the comments under IGN reviews, though. Always full of butthurt fanboys who place way too much importance on a stranger's opinion of a game.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The cutscenes really aren't that awkward to skip. You just hit start/esc+confirm. I suppose the argument could be made that they should've just made it so you could hit a button to skip them, but hitting two buttons instead of one isn't a huge hurdle, especially since you can hit one instantly after the other.

Also, the only level I found it to be overdone was The Amazon. Scrooge has to find 8 coins to access the temple (all of which can be found fairly quickly if you know where to go), and obtaining each requires Scrooge to stop and talk with Launchpad. In the rest of the levels, there's a cutscene at the beginning and end, and then a handful of short ones during the level that feel more natural to its progression. I think Wayforward's goal was to have each episode feel like a condensedDuckTalesepisode, and I do think they accomplished that, though I can understand people not wanting to sit through all that every time they play through a level.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So I picked it up during the recent Disney sale (it was the first time I've seen the game on sale and I really wanted to play it), and I really enjoyed it. Yes, the constant cutscene interruptions do impact the flow of the game, but there are good reasons for them to be there. On my initial playthrough I really liked that they went through the effort of telling actual tales about ducks. The stories are charming enough and feel like they could have come from actual episodes of the show. Also, since the developers were given access to the original voice actors, they pretty much had no choice but to take advantage and make the story more significant. They do clever things with it too, like explaining the connection between Magica DeSpell and Flintlheart Glomgold, and having Bubba and Gizmo Duck play active roles as helpers in specific areas. I'll admit that Scrooge himself doesn't sound the same as he used to, but Alan Young (the guy who does Scrooge's voice) is 95 years old, so it's kind of understandable.

The musical remixes are fantastic overall. While I remember seeing a fan-made version of the moon theme that sounded better than what was used in the game, they did acknowledge the importance of the moon theme by featuring elements of it in other bgms. The added "Scrooge's Vault" tutorial level and "Versuvius" final level work really well with the rest of the game, and the Versuvius theme is also pretty high quality. I also enjoyed the option (on by default) to activate your pogo stick simply by pressing X while in the air instead of having to hold down on your d-pad. The level designs are instantly familiar, although they made enough changes that it does feel somewhat fresh after all these years. You even get to dive into your money pit, which becomes populated with the major treasures you find in the levels. As someone who played the original a shitload, I did notice that you can no longer jump and use your golf swing in mid-air, but that hardly affects the game play.

Overall I really liked how the Duck Tales remake was handled. I will pass it again in hard mode and possibly once more in the hardest difficulty, but I actually have no problem with the still relatively short length off the game. I sometimes consider it a good feature if I don't need to invest tens of hours into getting the most out of the game.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
He wouldn't have left if the retards that be on this site didn't give him moderator status. Gawd. :O