Dude, where is my hair?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That looks fucking painful. And pics of guys that had it done to their neck and chest? WTF

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some guys don't look good with shaved heads. I'm one of them. Pale skin and an egg-shaped head. I look like a cancer patient.
You're not supposed to shave your eyebrows too. This must be a thing with some guys, this dude makes the same mistake:

charlie-villanueva-8.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Remember seeing something just like that years ago on discovery channel or something. Except they used a punch thingie that was the size of a pea.

Seriously though, shave that shit off. Im only 27 and starting to go bald and getting a little noticeable and ive already come to terms ill be buzzing my head by the time im 30.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Three Things About Thinning Hair:

1. Rule: The less hair you have, the less hair you should have. As your hair thins, the longer you let it grow the worse it looks. You don't need to shave it, but keep your hair short, especially the sides. A size 2 or 3 on the trimmer looks the best.
2. Rogain works, much like going to the gym. The gains are very slow and gradual, but if you stop using it, all progress is lost in like 3 weeks.
3. Women don't care. Seriously, don't fool yourself into thinking you need hair like a 12 year old. As long as you keep what you got groomed well, you will be just fine. The short 5 o'clock shadow facial hair look still balances out short thinning hair on top quite well.

An iced coffee from dunkin donuts once a day (common american expense) will run you about a thousand dollars annually.

That's 1/4 of the price for a modern hair transplant surgery that's permanent and nets you extremely luxuriously thick hair.

4 grand? Worth it.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
4 grand? Worth it.
4 grand? Not hardly. Hair transplants performed by superior surgeons will run youat least10 grand. Really depends on how many grafts are required, though. But $4,000 is probably like 1000 grafts which is hardly anything.

Trust me, this is not the type of cosmetic surgery you would want to go cheap on. I've read way too many fucked up stories to risk that shit.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
We're lucky to live in a time when super short haired/shaved/bald headed guys are considered attractive by a huge majority of the population. You'd be crazy to try some hair-brained (lolpun) surgery or medication when you can just shave it become Jason Statham or Bruce Willis.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm been wrestling with this as I have some thinning on my crown, which is common with all the men in my family. I have sported the longer hair a lot of my adult life and currently have a foot long silver pony tail. My problem with shaving is that thanks to some indiscriminate sporting injuries as a young man I have a silver dollar sized lump front and center on my head. If I shave I will look like a young yeti whose horn hasn't quote crested out of the skin yet.

I suspect it will be around 4 years until I give in and go with the 1-2 clipper setting.

I think the general gist of the universe is that by the time you get to the age that your hair is thinning/receding you should be successful enough to harvest sufficient trim with those attributes instead of your boyish good looks...

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
haus_sl said:
and currently have a foot long silver pony tail
Good fucking god, why? Balding or not, that shit is just terrible. If you're some Italian super model looking guy then I can see having shoulder length hair (BUT NEVER IN A PONY TAIL), but otherwise dudes should simply not have long air unless they're in a metal band. And in any case, NEVER IN A PONY TAIL.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Only situation where a pony tail is acceptable on a dude
1) You are in a 80s metal band
2) You are in a biker gang

Thats it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't have a ponytail, dear jesus. I am living proof.

With ponytail:

BJGowjp.png

0qz0Odd.png

Without ponytail, +beard:

9EV7WCF.jpg