Dumb and Dumber To-2014

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I thought Carrey had dropped out of the project because he said it wasn't be taken serious enough by the studio or something along those lines?

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
As much as I love the first one - I don't know how they can recreate the same laughs. Dumb and dumber is really stupid but for some reason works, I can't see them making this work.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
Holy shit are we going to have the geriatric version or something? Hasn't this movie been in limbo for a good 10 years or so?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There was already one horrific sequel to this movie, do we need another one? I just watched Dumb and Dumber on cable last night and it is great, but I'm with the crowd that doesn't think they can bring that back again and this movie will probably blow ass.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ill wait for this to pop up on the net or cable. I will buy the BR if it rocks. Very little faith in this movie being any good.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
There was already one horrific sequel to this movie, do we need another one? I just watched Dumb and Dumber on cable last night and it is great, but I'm with the crowd that doesn't think they can bring that back again and this movie will probably blow ass.
That was a prequel, and it didn't have the Ferrely brothers involved. Or Jim Carrey. Or Jeff Daniels.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The last Farrely movies were Three Stooges and Movie 43, and Stuck On You was 10 damn years ago...
frown.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't really get why you guys think this will suck. Do you think Jim Carrey is over the hill? Do you hate Jeff Daniels' latest work? They are both still great.

The fact that Carrey originally dropped out because it wasn't being taken seriously and is now back on board should say something. I can't wait for this, dumb and dumber is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Daniels surprised a lot of people by being a dramatic actor who could go toe-to-toe with Carrey's comedy at the height of his career.

Movie is a classic. Adjust your expectations on the sequel. It could be funny as hell, but if you go in expecting them to top this classic...good luck.