Dune: Part Two (2023)

spronk

FPS noob

a bunch of movies are gonna start getting pushed out of 2023. They are all done, but without the stars to promote them the box office won't do as good.

The side effect though will be movies set for 2024 will be pushed back as well as 2023 movies take their spots and movies in production get delayed. Theater chains are about to get majorly fucked.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Oh, the fish is in this as well?
Jason Momoa? No that's Aquaman 2 <murmuring from off set> OH, no she's in the <buzzing coming from earpiece> what in pie heaven? There is a musical version of the Color Purple that Oprah Winfrey is producing? Yeah, that wall-eyed beauty is in that.

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

a bunch of movies are gonna start getting pushed out of 2023. They are all done, but without the stars to promote them the box office won't do as good.

The side effect though will be movies set for 2024 will be pushed back as well as 2023 movies take their spots and movies in production get delayed. Theater chains are about to get majorly fucked.
God, that would be so fucking gay.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
First one was mediocre, I haven’t been compelled to rewatch it, it was scraped of much of its substance, it looked good visually, other than the fighting, the person who synched the power rangers theme nailed it.

• 1Like
  • 1Great Review

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I just missed the window for being a Power Rangers fan. About a year or two before it came out I stopped playing with toys and stopped watching cartoons etc.

Whenever I see the naustalgic love from the fan base, admittedly I get little bummed that I missed that window.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just missed the window for being a Power Rangers fan. About a year or two before it came out I stopped playing with toys and stopped watching cartoons etc.

Whenever I see the naustalgic love from the fan base, admittedly I get little bummed that I missed that window.

Saban's other property VR Troopers was more popular at the time for me. We knew about Power Rangers but didn't really feel it was must watch until VR Troopers. People at my school took VR Troopers more seriously than Power Rangers. Maybe because the real lives of the characters felt more mature. I think it had some really good TV slots which went a long way.

VR Troopers had a near 100 epsiode run.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I was also just ageing out of toys by then but still liked the Saturday morning show.

Being the age you are means you were old enough to enjoy peak 80s franchises like g1 transformers etc

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
By the time Power Rangers came out, all I asked for were computer games, instead of "toys." Also, I thought it was dumb, because I would always seem to flip by it in the middle of some fight with stupid looking monsters. It may have also been on at the same time as something else I wanted to watch.

Our local channels would rerun a bunch of good cartoons, so Scooby Doo, Ducktails, Tailspin, Loony Toons, and Batman: TAS would still be on all the time. Plus Gargoyles, Xmen, and Animaniacs were in production at the same time, and those were the three I always tried to catch.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Batman TAS is the last major cartoon I remember watching. I too had just aged out and only stopped long enough when my brother watched to ogle the pink Ranger.

I’ve rewatched G1 Transformers with my oldest son. It didn’t age as well as I expected but nowhere near as poorly as He Man. I tried the OG voltron with him but I didn’t remember it takes like 6 episodes to see voltron. Great theme though.

Regardless, I loved the first one of this and felt it was reasonably accurate. I’m concerned they’re going to play up the native aspect of Chani as told here and make Paul the stand in bad white man. But I trust this director I think. A shame it moved. I saw Oppenheimer this weekend and planned to see this as my only two adult movies this year in theaters. Did take the kid to see SMB and Transformers (sucked because bumblebee had that awesome G1 intro yet they decided to diversity up the bots and I’m not taking about voice actors. Wheeljack - I’m looking at you)

Fadaar

That guy
By the time Power Rangers came out, all I asked for were computer games, instead of "toys." Also, I thought it was dumb, because I would always seem to flip by it in the middle of some fight with stupid looking monsters. It may have also been on at the same time as something else I wanted to watch.

Our local channels would rerun a bunch of good cartoons, so Scooby Doo, Ducktails, Tailspin, Loony Toons, and Batman: TAS would still be on all the time. Plus Gargoyles, Xmen, and Animaniacs were in production at the same time, and those were the three I always tried to catch.

What year were you born? 85 for me and everything you posted rings true especially the computer games part which started with Doom/X-Wing/Command & Conquer.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What year were you born? 85 for me and everything you posted rings true especially the computer games part which started with Doom/X-Wing/Command & Conquer.
Couple years older, but Power Rangers started in 93, so most of the early-ish and mid 90s kids prolly had the same experience. Think I bought every game Westwood put out and Computer Gaming World always left me asking for more game.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I watched power rangers when I was a kid. I'd normally be halfway through an episode when my dad would wake up and walk by, saying something like "this is the faggiest wannabe kung fu show....". I started watching it in my sister's room in the morning while waiting to go to the bus stop because I was tired of him shit talking my favorite show.

Then I watched a clip of it as an adult and share his opinion, lol.

• 2Worf

Cybsled

Lots of stuff is like that. When I was a kid, I loved the police academy movies. My grandfather hated siting through them because he thought they were unfunny and stupid.

I watch those movies now and realize he was right lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Lots of stuff is like that. When I was a kid, I loved the police academy movies. My grandfather hated siting through them because he thought they were unfunny and stupid.

I watch those movies now and realize he was right lol
oh yeah GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity