Dune: Part Two (2023)

Oldbased

> Than U
I am excited so many seem to enjoy this 2nd part. I'll catch it in the summer on Max for free but still this is the most excited I've seen this board since Karl's Dread movie.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
1709530223179.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll see the part two this week, but I do agree the part 1 was slow and a bit empty. Pretty pictures, some cool stuff, but pretty slow

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Saw it on IMAX, liked it a lot. Better than part 1 because it showed way more Gedi Prime which was my favorite bits.

My theater also had something called 4D and while it sounded interesting I passed on it. Any of you watch it in 4D with the wind , vibrations, smells and stuff?

What I missed was the spacing guild. I wanted more (or any) of them and more of the Sadukar (besides being chumps knifed and gunned down). The Imperial forces landing on Dune and setting up their battle camp was pretty epic though.

Basically I find all the factions OTHER than the Arabs to be more interesting....

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My theater also had something called 4D and while it sounded interesting I passed on it. Any of you watch it in 4D with the wind , vibrations, smells and stuff?

Did that once got Shang Chi, never again. It's too distracting and ridiculous

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Saw it on IMAX, liked it a lot. Better than part 1 because it showed way more Gedi Prime which was my favorite bits.

What I missed was the spacing guild. I wanted more (or any) of them and more of the Sadukar (besides being chumps knifed and gunned down). The Imperial forces landing on Dune and setting up their battle camp was pretty epic though.

Basically I find all the factions OTHER than the Arabs to be more interesting....
You got smell-o-vision!?! I know Emeril Lagasse always talked about it but I didn't know if it ever made its way to Hollywood.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't mind my Dbox seats, they just vibrate and leaned with the planes and have their own surround sound kind of. You can turn the shit off so not a big deal

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I am excited so many seem to enjoy this 2nd part. I'll catch it in the summer on Max for free but still this is the most excited I've seen this board since Karl's Dread movie.
See this shit in a theatre 100%.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Just saw this in Dolby Atmos, it's incredibly good. Definitely one of those movies that should really be seen in a theatre. The audio and visuals are as good as it gets. The story and acting were also solid overall. Oh and anyone saying the 1st was better is insane.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just saw this in Dolby Atmos, it's incredibly good. Definitely one of those movies that should really be seen in a theatre. The audio and visuals are as good as it gets. The story and acting were also solid overall.
Admit it. You liked Zendaya too

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Admit it. You liked Zendaya too
I thought she did just fine. Maybe a lil ridiculous that she was able to merc dudes left and right tho but that's not a fault on her.(or is it the spice that makes them way stronger/faster than usual?)

Last edited:

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I’m a retard but I can’t believe I just made this connection

They played that video as part of the pre-show at Alamo Drafthouse.

P.S. Eating and drinking at the theater edges out IMAX for me, unless it's 70mm IMAX. And Alamo doesn't allow any fucking around during the movie. Worth it just for that.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wait, what's the connection? Besides Walken is there something I'm missing?

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just saw this in Dolby Atmos

No you didn't.

Dolby Atmos is a sound format which expands surround sound channels to include height layers via ceiling speakers. Therefore, you heard it in Dolby Atmos but you did not see it in Dolby Atmos - unless you have synesthesia.

• 1Garbage

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
No you didn't.

Dolby Atmos is a sound format which expands surround sound channels to include height layers via ceiling speakers. Therefore, you heard it in Dolby Atmos but you did not see it in Dolby Atmos - unless you have synesthesia.
Text Pride GIF by Ashanti Fortson

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users