Dying Light 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Understandable.

You should be well into the territory of being able to find really nice weapons/gear if that tickles your pickle. I spent about an hour of time forcing chases and going into some of those swamped buildings in daytime to farm upgrade materials as well to max out a few of my regularly used items/mods. After that the game was smooth sailing.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
New update Utnayan Utnayan good time to get back in and terrorize some zombies.

It’s gonna be Legen-wait for it-dary!
Gain new passive abilities and progress faster than ever before, even when you think you’ve reached the end. See what you’re capable of and take your game to the next level!

*The Legend Levels feature may not work as expected with modded game content.

Cross-gen for Xbox and PlayStation is here
Ready to explore The City with your friends? With Cross-gen for Xbox & PlayStation, you can now team up with fellow Survivors on different generations of consoles! Team up and have fun!

Ragdolls physics and AI Reaction improvements
We’ve upgraded your experience to include the new, improved ragdoll animations, physics and AI reactions. Infected now behave more more realistically upon taking damage. Equip yourself with the best tools, and check out these enhancements yourself!
● New ragdoll code that more realistically applies the forces of the hits
● New ragdoll presets change the hit reactions of human-sized enemies
● Changed a number of animation-based hit reactions to ragdolls
● Changes to AI behavior around the ledges of buildings

This feature will be developed further in the upcoming updates!

Dynamic Competitions are back
Looking for something new to spice up your online experience? Check out a classic feature from Dying Light — Dynamic Competitions! It will give you the thrill of tackling something unexpected!

Highlights
This update brings a number of major changes that will impact gameplay. Let’s take a look at some of the highlights in this update.
● Players can now experience more immersive and frightening audio during the night chases
● Cutscenes can be skipped by holding down the dedicated button.
● Hazmat Biters won’t explode instantly when hit with a weapon using fire or electric mods
● Players can now determine any amount of crafted items – not only one or all.
● Players can now instantly kill grabbing Biters with the Stab Skill upgrade
● Rare Trophies will now drop more often from Infected
● Newly added apparel — Pilgrim Outfit — granted at the beginning of the game.
● Ability to dodge when looking up
● Improved world textures — selected floors, walls, and surfaces
● Lowered Biter-grabbing frequency
● New 1-handed axe animations — and we’re not stopping with animations improvements there!

Game Update
On top of the changes in the first part of the update notes, we’ve implemented other fixes!
Check them out in the full list below:
● Co-op
○ Any player can now use the host’s Nightrunner Tools during a co-op session, regardless of personal progression in single player
○ Added respawn ability — spawns 45 seconds after death near another player
○ Markers of other players will display on the compass when at a distance greater than 50 meters
○ Markers of other players will appear in the environment when at a distance of less than 50 meters
○ Challenges should now end for all the players if one completes it
○ Ropes will look natural and not warped when swinging
○ Decreased neck sturdiness for lower-tier enemies — takedowns will work properly
○ Changed UI placement of the information about the party
○ Doors in X13 will open properly for the players in the co-op session
○ Fixed issue with players respawn in X13
○ Fixed immunity exploit after repeatedly healing. No more god mode.
○ Fixed jittering of the players’ model while in hiding/vents
○ Improved UI regarding players in need of a revive
○ The list of games found in the online menu will auto-refresh after a failed joining attempt
○ Fixed rare issue with flashlight remaining turned on during Aiden’s flashbacks
○ Fixed rare graphical issues with Military Containers opening and closing repeatedly
○ Fixed TPP animations issue for players using baseball bats
○ Bloody Ties —- fixed matchmaking issues despite owning said story DLC
○ Bloody Ties — fixed issue of music not playing for all players in Rush and Carnage challenges
○ Bloody Ties — players now don’t need to wait for other players in critical moments during timed sequences
○ Bloody Ties — player looks more natural when unlocking the safes
○ Bloody Ties — Rush challenges will end for everyone once the host finishes
○ Bloody Ties — objectives for Spectacles now update properly in UI for all players in co-op
○ Fixed TPP animation of attaching a power cable to the generator
○ Improved co-op widgets of other players — including status icons (poisoned, burned, etc.)
○ Player no longer loses the ability to attack from a turret after a triggered cutscene
○ Let’s Waltz — rope replaced with monkey bar to prevent players from falling to death and blocking the quest’s progress
○ Teleport to the host shortened from 10s to 3s
○ Increased bleeding-out time from 20s to 40s — now you have extra time to help your fallen friends!
○ The player healing his moving friend won’t get dragged down anymore — in other words, healing is stopped if the patient run away
○ Veronika Quest — fixed issue of one invisible NPC for every player in the session
○ Fixed rare occurrences of the host’s difficulty reverting to Normal when other players would leave the game
○ When using the controller, reviving other players won’t unintentionally use up other consumables outside of the medkit selected in the item wheel

● Gameplay
○ Addressed the issue of players being unable to craft lockpicks despite the free space
○ Barb wires around Huntress camp will now inflict damage — beware!
○ Crossbow now has finite ammo in Harper’s Elite Mission
○ Kick attacks are now a little bit faster and more powerful
○ Hurting friendly NPCs won’t count anymore toward “the King of the Hill” goal

● Technical
○ The game will no longer use 3rd-party DRM protection
○ PC only — Nvidia DLSS3 support. For the very best experience, you need a VRR monitor, and GPU scheduling turned on. There is a known issue where the in-game benchmark does not report the correct framerate when the DLSS Frame Generation is enabled. To see the correct framerate, please use industry-standard FPS reporting tools such as Frameview or CapframeX. We expect to resolve this issue in the next patch.
○ PC only — addressed the issue of the darker picture on certain configurations after one of the last patches
○ PC only — the Carnage Manica shield no longer displays twice when holding the scroll wheel on the mouse
○ PS5 only — Bloody Ties will now load properly when launched from the Resume Activity tab
○ “Heartbeat” sound won’t be audible anymore if the player muted all audio in the game’s settings
○ Increased variation of ferns models in the city
○ Background music for the “Cathedral” quest no longer audible everywhere upon tracking the quest
○ Fixed graphical issue of fog or smoke appearing underwater
○ Fixed graphical issues of buildings’ geometry showing dark gaps in the distance
○ Fixed issue with menu background shaking due to in-game explosions
○ Fixed rare instances of players falling through the elevator’s floor
○ Improved quality of VFX/particle effects
○ SFX are now audible for the weapon’s blast mod explosion
○ Improved shooting animation for crossbows
○ Fixed the issue of missing VO lines
○ Fixed lack of combat music while fighting in GRE Anomalies
○ Fixed rare instances of missing audio after previewing an outfit in the stash
○ Fixed TPP animations for blocking with Cranage Manica while holding 2h weapon
○ Fixes to distant NPCs occasionally stuck in their animation
○ Improved lightning consistency in the game
○ UV Flashlight — increased audio intensity when burning Biters
○ Furniture and other assets moved in a few locations to mitigate clipping anomalies
○ Increased rendering range for volumetric fog and lights
○ Higher resolution for the sky
○ Increased number of objects casting shadows
○ Enhanced transition for LOD of trees
○ General CPU, GPU, and DirectX 12 performance optimizations
○ Improvements to memory usage and performance in longer play sessions
○ PC only — the disappearance of the FSR 2.0 option on certain configurations has been addressed
○ Fixes to True Nightrunner Achievement completion. Please note there may be a need to redo one of the Nightrunner Trials
○ Improved LODs on the Highway leading to X13

● UI
○ Added a quest marker for “Portrait of a Hangover”
○ Added an additional seventh health bar segment for healthy players with over 600 HP
○ Added a tooltip to the map icon for the vendor at Carnage Hall
○ Added a tooltip to the map icon for Severus at Carnage Hall
○ The camouflage icon won’t be replaced anymore by other status icons
○ Clarified quest objectives in “The Master”
○ Fast Travel hint will now be properly added to the Hints Menu
○ The order of icons for mod weapons is no longer different in different parts of UI
○ The “Quest Update” text overlapping the health bar is fixed
○ Improved loading times of Messages of the Day in the main menu
○ Players can now easily swap accessories and Nightrunner tools in the Quick Slot

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
As someone that played the shit out of DL 1 and loved it - Is this game worth playing? I don't want to ruin my memories of the first one being excellent for an experience that isn't even half as good.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As someone that played the shit out of DL 1 and loved it - Is this game worth playing? I don't want to ruin my memories of the first one being excellent for an experience that isn't even half as good.
Absolutely I had a blast playing through it. Lol and just like DL1, when I was finished I never went back.

I should though.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely I had a blast playing through it. Lol and just like DL1, when I was finished I never went back.

I should though.

If you played with Gator Gator and myself you would never play another game ever again begging us to get online.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

If you liked the 1st then you'll like #2.

Very similar games just with "more" pretty much everything

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
These patches have done nothing but degrade the quality of performance.

I had to tinker with settings and shut RT off entirely to get the same performance from last year.

With every patch they make DL2 worse for existing players.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With every patch they make DL2 worse for existing players.
Performance aside, the game itself is still a massive downgrade compared to the original in just about every way.

Dying Light 2 wasn't the worst game released in 2022 by any means, since that would put in competition with actual garbage like Saints Row 5 and Gotham Knights, but it was by far the one that turned out furthest from my expectations.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Performance aside, the game itself is still a massive downgrade compared to the original in just about every way.

Dying Light 2 wasn't the worst game released in 2022 by any means, since that would put in competition with actual garbage like Saints Row 5 and Gotham Knights, but it was by far the one that turned out furthest from my expectations.

As an example of what Vorph is saying in Dying Light 1 the parkour was balls on. In Dying Light 2 if your making close grabs or long jumps you will float to your grab point, and it feels very wrong. Dying Light 1 combat felt better too. You can do more in Dying Light 2 but the what Dying Light 1 had was again super tight. Like as said already Dying light 2 isn't bad per se but Dying Light 1 was a masterpiece (story aside). Kyle Crane was a better protagonist too despite the voice actor for Aiden sounding exactly the same as the guy who voiced Kyle Crane.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Saw that patch video and reinstalled. I never finished it and man it runs and looks great on balanced on PS5 now that I use HDMI 2.1 to my OLED and ARC to my receiver since I am too lazy to upgrade my otherwise perfect receiver which only is HDMI 2.0. Kinda hooked again :)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wonder if this will get DL2 a story update DLC, or if it's safe to just uninstall DL2 now.

1691478934884.png