Dying Light 2

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Oh for the love of baby jesus

View attachment 397983
Could be Dying Light 2, could be CyberPunk 2077, and that is the beauty of it!. I don't think it has quite reached New Vegas (ps3) levels of craptacular bugginess but if people start locking up/crashing because of memory file sizes then it will have surpassed NV because NV is certainly the better overall game.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Could be Dying Light 2, could be CyberPunk 2077, and that is the beauty of it!. I don't think it has quite reached New Vegas (ps3) levels of craptacular bugginess but if people start locking up/crashing because of memory file sizes then it will have surpassed NV because NV is certainly the better overall game.
Agreed New Vegas PS3 was terrible but it yeah wow did it get fixed and become (my) favorite game of the last 15 years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nah, I played until I got to the second area + a few more hours and decided to go back to DL1 to finish The Following while they fix everything. And hopefully improve the game overall, since I still think that DL1 is superior in just about every way.

Today's patch doesn't really seem to have fixed much of anything on consoles. Even some stuff that was fixed in the PC patches is still broken here. And they even created new bugs in it... people playing on Series X are reporting that the game disconnects their controller from the console every few minutes (sounds like it's related to playing the game with VRR on).

I think I'll load the game up briefly tonight though, just long enough to go get the stuff in the dev room (especially Korek's charm) on the off chance they change their minds and decide to make the items stop spawning.
Dev room?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dev room?
It's a secret room with a blueprint for Left hand of GloVa (Dead Island easter egg) and the Korek charm (+500 durability every time you apply it to a weapon). Normally you can't get there until the Broadcast mission, but there's a way around that using just the upgraded glider:

• 1Mother of God

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I farmed the sunken airdrops after reaching the center.

For those who don't know, these are airdrops which are normally hard to reach, but since this part of the city is submerged unless you fix that up later in the game, you can just swim from one spot to the next, there are no enemies. Item drop range is level 7-9, western ones are a bit higher level.

To do this, you have to get to the safehouse marked as 1, from where you can just swim to the 12 drops marked on this map:

1644662433581.png

Approach the safehouse from the north-west. If you try it from the north east there will be toxic shit and enemies.

Start it in the morning, since you can't use immunity-boosters in the water, and you don't want to swim 600 meters to do that in the middle of your collection run.

Get as much stamina as you can to facilitate the swimming, along with a load of lockpicks.

You only need to pick the airdrops once, after opening them the content respawns but they remain open.

My level 3 dude is now sporting nearly full level 9 artifact gear. Feels good going from a 40 damage weapon to a 360 damage one.

I can 2-shot volatiles, provided I dodge their leap, and don't even have weapon mods. Did not expect that.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Huh, looking at all those air drops (underwater drops? Lol), I bet the fact that the military tech respawns is a bug. I've got my gear (flashlight, glider) all upgraded, and haven't even been to that part of the map yet.

Vorph

Huh, looking at all those air drops (underwater drops? Lol), I bet the fact that the military tech respawns is a bug. I've got my gear (flashlight, glider) all upgraded, and haven't even been to that part of the map yet.
Have you actually seen tech respawn? AFAIK it does not. The weapons and vendor trash respawn, and you only have to pick the locks once ever.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Have you actually seen tech respawn? AFAIK it does not. The weapons and vendor trash respawn, and you only have to pick the locks once ever.

It does. I farmed 10 to upgrade the paraglider & hook in a bit over an hour, using only 2 spawns. (the underwater ones don't drop tech)

Seems 100% respawn, and quite fast.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

It does. I farmed 10 to upgrade the paraglider & hook in a bit over an hour, using only 2 spawns. (the underwater ones don't drop tech)

Seems 100% respawn, and quite fast.
Any of them? I remember having to go back to one of the airdrop spots in the first zone and only the loot had respawned, not the tech. And it was several hours between the visits.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did awesome dupe with buddies and got 5 million. Beat the game.

fun stuff ready to do side quests and stuff

• 1Worf

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Any of them? I remember having to go back to one of the airdrop spots in the first zone and only the loot had respawned, not the tech. And it was several hours between the visits.

I'm pretty sure fast traveling to the other side of the map and back speeds up the respawns.

Worked for me all of the time, so never questioned it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Sure would be nice if they fixed Coop on PS5. Even having it active breaks the single player game even when I cannot find any games or even invite people because the UI is broken. I was chasing after Kurt in one of the main story quests and the door icon wouldn't trigger so I couldn't get through the door to continue the chase. Placed coop mode in single player and it appeared so I could finish the quest. 25 minutes of wondering what to do before looking it up on Youtube and seeing it was broken yet again because my online coop option was set to friends rather than single player.

Sent in a tech support case, that was a canned reply on shit I already knew - so without a forum I cannot even let these people know to know if they know it is an issue.

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
the quest dialogue/cut-scenes glitch out about 15% of the time for me (ps4pro)

the voice/cc's will disappear completely or it just skips ahead. sometimes the NPC speaking is invisible. a reboot fixes it but the load time is annoying to sit through over and over, not to mention any lost progress.

otherwise i'm enjoying it. started slow but its growing on me

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
the quest dialogue/cut-scenes glitch out about 15% of the time for me (ps4pro)

the voice/cc's will disappear completely or it just skips ahead. sometimes the NPC speaking is invisible. a reboot fixes it but the load time is annoying to sit through over and over, not to mention any lost progress.

otherwise i'm enjoying it. started slow but its growing on me

Protip here - next time this happens you do not have to restart - you can either 1) Go into online settings and switch from Private/Friends only/public to Single player and everything will automatically work. 2) Go into your system settings and disable internet.

Cpop connectivity is screwing with everything on the single player mission side of the house.

• 1Mother of God

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Protip here - next time this happens you do not have to restart - you can either 1) Go into online settings and switch from Private/Friends only/public to Single player and everything will automatically work. 2) Go into your system settings and disable internet.

Cpop connectivity is screwing with everything on the single player mission side of the house.

awesome will try that. thanks

• 1Like

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I finally beat the game. Just under 100 hours. I didn't collect everythign or do every challenge but I got most of it. I liked it, it's better than Dying Light 1 was at launch. Things I wish Dying Light 2 did better. I liked a lot of the NPC's more in Dying Light 1, they just had more personality. I also feel like Dying Light 2 takes itself a step too seriously. The flow of the story line in 2 is weird as well. It's not smooth if that makes sense. Parkour in Dying Light 2 is better but Aiden feels too light. Too much floating mostly noticeable on jumps you feel like you should have missed. The ending (even the best one) left me unsatisfied and not in a I want more kind of way.

Like i said I really liked it, it was fun. If they support it like they did Dying Light 1 going to get a few more hundred hours out of this likely.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully by the time I get back to this there will be a few more patches cleaning things up. It's a shame I wish the co-op was working because Utnayan Utnayan and I were trying to get it to work. I stopped at the broadcast tower quest. I enjoy the game but I'm putting it on the back burner until I'm done with Elden Ring.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I finally beat the game. Just under 100 hours. I didn't collect everythign or do every challenge but I got most of it. I liked it, it's better than Dying Light 1 was at launch. Things I wish Dying Light 2 did better. I liked a lot of the NPC's more in Dying Light 1, they just had more personality. I also feel like Dying Light 2 takes itself a step too seriously. The flow of the story line in 2 is weird as well. It's not smooth if that makes sense. Parkour in Dying Light 2 is better but Aiden feels too light. Too much floating mostly noticeable on jumps you feel like you should have missed. The ending (even the best one) left me unsatisfied and not in a I want more kind of way.

Like i said I really liked it, it was fun. If they support it like they did Dying Light 1 going to get a few more hundred hours out of this likely.

2 Massive DLC already confirmed several weeks ago. It's fully supported.

I'm at 53 hours myself. Just taking my time. Probably 60% through the main story. Likewise, Elden Ring sidelined DL2 immediately.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
2 Massive DLC already confirmed several weeks ago. It's fully supported.

I'm at 53 hours myself. Just taking my time. Probably 60% through the main story. Likewise, Elden Ring sidelined DL2 immediately.

Still taking my time here too, doing a few side quests a night after work.

They decided to nerf the dev room +durability mod to uselessness (costs 666 scrap to use it now lol!), no fucking clue why. I think I'll just focus on the main story and close this one out. Man it sure is pretty in upscaled 4k at least.