Dying Light 2

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Still taking my time here too, doing a few side quests a night after work.

They decided to nerf the dev room +durability mod to uselessness (costs 666 scrap to use it now lol!), no fucking clue why. I think I'll just focus on the main story and close this one out. Man it sure is pretty in upscaled 4k at least.
I'll get back to the game once I'm done with ER. One of the main devs stated on twitter that Koreks Charm was working as intended then someone secretly nerfed it. It wasn't even in the patch notes. He got called out on it and he stated he wasn't even aware of the change and will be looking into it. I think he said he will make sure it's either reverted or reduce the harshness of the nerf in the next patch. They also apparently nerfed the underwater chests and grappling hook. Won't bother me though since I haven't gotten to those parts yet.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
SO 1.007 FINALLY fixed Coop on PS5 to be able to search for games and actually play through it supposedly without breaking all the quests.

Like Gator Gator stated though, ER until I can get back to it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Utnayan Utnayan Got Dying Light 1 installed and prepped and ready to go on Xbox. I'll try and quickly get to the point where you can start coop. Let's do it sometime in April!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Gator Gator and I finally reconnected on this game last night with new plans to coop this thing to death. What a blast last night especially when everything FINALLY works. We stopped 3 months ago to play Elden Ring. Some hilarious times!

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I bought this at the start of the sale and am about 30 hours in. This feels not as scary/fun as I remember the first being. So trivial to just funnel swarms into a tight place and mow them down and collect loads of loot. The movement is pretty nice though I die from fall damage way too often thinking I'm no where near high enough to go instasplat.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
They tamed night down a bunch from the original. A few patches ago they actually made night harder because it was way too easy. They are playing a balancing act now since they want night challenging but not like the first one. They had some crazy statistic where they said a good majority of players in the first one would just skip night completely.

Edit: They finally fixed the fast travel bug!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They tamed night down a bunch from the original. A few patches ago they actually made night harder because it was way too easy. They are playing a balancing act now since they want night challenging but not like the first one. They had some crazy statistic where they said a good majority of players in the first one would just skip night completely.

Edit: They finally fixed the fast travel bug!

Ridiculous, night being super hard made the game more fun. Going out for the supply drops was some of my favorite gaming ever. As you leveled up and got different tools night got easier until you could run around almost fearless at the end. The progression was damn near perfect.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As one of the players who pretty much skipped night completely...that's exactly what I wanted. An experience so scary I avoided it like the plague except when story missions forced me to go out at night. That's what made the first game so goddamn memorable and why you shouldn't rely so much on statistics.

• 1Like

Vorph

Pretty much everything they changed from the first game was shit decisions made by retards. It's all 'change for the sake of change' when it should have been 'if it ain't broke...' Haven't played it at all in a few months but I still don't see "Actually made the game fun" anywhere in the patch notes. Definitely going down as my biggest regret purchase of '22 since I could buy it for $12 right now instead of the $60 I paid at release (not that I would buy it at all now).

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It confuses the fuck out of me how these development studios are so goddamn stupid. When gamers say they just want the same thing but tweaked to be a bit better or to remove glaring problems, we fucking mean it.

Take The Binding of Isaac. That game was "remade" 3 different times starting with a dude in his house in a Flash window and eventually ending up an entire team across multiple platforms including the Switch and the game never actually changed. It was more than 15 years of the exact same gameplay that was just plied with more content and visual and gameplay changes based on community feedback. And it made a sick amount of money. So much money that the original dude never has to work again and just funds vanity projects.

Jesus, it is so tiring to see these games get fucked by people who think they know better than what made the thing popular in the first place.

Vorph

It's especially infuriating with games that launched in a rough state and then were massively improved over the course of several years until they are just about as good as they could possibly get... then the whole team goes full retard while making the sequel instead of taking everything they learned and applying it to a new game that doesn't have any of the fundamental design or engine problems that the first did.

See also: The Division 2, Ghost Recon Breakpoint... actually just about every Ubisoft series now that I think about it.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's especially infuriating with games that launched in a rough state and then were massively improved over the course of several years until they are just about as good as they could possibly get... then the whole team goes full retard while making the sequel instead of taking everything they learned and applying it to a new game that doesn't have any of the fundamental design or engine problems that the first did.

See also: The Division 2, Ghost Recon Breakpoint... actually just about every Ubisoft series now that I think about it.
SO MUCH THIS.

Dying Light 2 launched PURE shit with broken coop and bugs abound. Nothing learned from the ongoing trials of DY1 as a result of the shit launch and 2 months of waiting for them to fix shit to make it even playable in coop.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
5 years of post-launch support are still being honored by Techland for Dying Light 2.

Some info on the new story coming up.

1661805694699.png

The datamine indicates it'll be a sizable story addition with 2 separate ending paths.

1661805775631.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tough getting back into the game. With parkour skills weakened from several months off, you end up in a lot of combat plus they added new stupid mobs.

I guess after playing Elden Ring the combat feels a little stale, since Elden Ring is what put me on hiatus from DL2.

I do have the PK crossbow. I guess I could farm feathers, make the rounds to the merchants and go xbow only until I get my parkour memory back. I meant to finish DL2 and its upcoming DLC story but questioning if it's actually worth it right now. It just feels like the combat isn't really holding up too well fun-wise.

Anyone else have trouble returning to DL2? Just wondering if it's possible to actually get back into this game or if I'm wasting my time trying.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
What are you getting back into exactly?

Main story? Even if you ran solely on the ground from checkpoint to checkpoint you could beat the game regardless of difficulty setting as the zombies aren't really scary or damaging. It also doesn't take much story progress to start finding 300+ damage weapons and then the game becomes extra trivial as 99% of things die in 1-2 hits. Nothing requires some extraordinary parkour engagement either to complete the MSQ. Some side quests are worth doing before beating the game though.

Post story? It's all the same copy pasta content with nothing notable to keep people engaged unless you're an achievement sperg imo.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It also doesn't take much story progress to start finding 300+ damage weapons and then the game becomes extra trivial as 99% of things die in 1-2 hits. Nothing requires some extraordinary parkour engagement either to complete the MSQ. Some side quests are worth doing before beating the game though.

Post story? It's all the same copy pasta content with nothing notable to keep people engaged unless you're an achievement sperg imo.

I'm 2/3rd into main story.

Shook some of the rust off. I think I just had a bad return experience. The car bombs have a bigger blast radius, and I got hit z-axis for 80% of my life while being on a ledge above the car but still tucked back. Instantly tilted me because car bombs used to be a joke.

The screen shaking in general for a variety of shit was obnoxious. Some of the screen warping is exaggerated now probably as part of the new "graphics" update. Then got into a fight with a new elite and had to figure out dodge again for the first time. Then got given a semi-main story night quest with 0 parkour available to get near the location, and just plain straight up have to sneak/walk through a huge open space with volatiles and howlers. A friend said to get the glowsticks for that one, and after that it should be fine and there shouldn't be another quest like that. My weapons are also anemic but I'm just 1h away from getting some bigger stuff.

Was just the worst possible combination of events to come back with 0 memory of anything.