Dying Light

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's being created by Techland's original Dead Island team. A different team made the Dead Island sequel Riptide.
That's enough to make me interested in it. I really liked Dead Island despite its flaws, but I was only able to play Riptide for a couple hours before shipping it back to GameFly.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I had no interest in this game until I played Dead Island last week and really enjoyed it. I wish I had played the game when it first came out for the co-op. Anyways, I'm really interest in this game now. Looks fun.
Here is the newest video released a few days ago

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I was confused on the difference between Dying Light and Dead Island 2 (Maybe I've been under a rock). So if anyone was like me I did some research and found this:
Techland were originally developing Dead Island 2, but instead they decided to focus on developing Dying Light with Warner Bros. Deep Silver announced that Yager will be developing the next Dead Island, after Techland left off from Dead Island: Riptide. The game is targeted for a Spring 2015 release.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The Dead Island games were incredibly fun. I'm guessing out got flak because it had the most awesome trailer of all time that made it seem like it wasn't just a mindless zombie smasher

Mick

<Gold Donor>
There have been a lot of streams on Twitch. Watch them and make your own opinion on the game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No reviews out on this yet and it launches 1/27. What the fuck man.
Have to love it when Techland says there won't be any review embargos, then not send any review copies out anyway. The only people getting any copies are the streamers.

Dying Light devs said no review embargoes. Sooo where are the reviews? : Games

I would stay FAR away from this for the time being if they are being this fucking shady about it. Reports are a lot of bugs, reuse of textures, poor animations, bad AI. The "streamers" are only showcasing the parts of the game they can show and are paid for promotions. So do not judge the game by these - they are not genuine.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
TheRadBrad plays it on YouTube as he has early access. Granted, he is absolutely fucking terrible. Watching him play Resident Evil Remastered is like poking my pee hole with a rusty knife.

The game itself actually looks pretty good, BTW. It's a cross between Dead Island and Last of Us.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm picking this up tomorrow since i got it at best buy for $25 but i plan on trading it in within a week, will post what i think. never played dead island

Delly

Trakanon Raider
As usual you can go to GMG and get it for $48 instead of $60 on steam. I don't think you get that pre-order weapon.. but if you consider that to be worth $12 then more power to ya.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's enough to make me interested in it. I really liked Dead Island despite its flaws, but I was only able to play Riptide for a couple hours before shipping it back to GameFly.
How could you like Dead Island, but not Riptide? It's the exact same game with just more content

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I would stay FAR away from this for the time being if they are being this fucking shady about it. Reports are a lot of bugs, reuse of textures, poor animations, bad AI. The "streamers" are only showcasing the parts of the game they can show and are paid for promotions. So do not judge the game by these - they are not genuine.
Considering how popular it has become to advertise games through streamers in promotions, I really do wish they would have to disclose the terms behind the promotions as well the fact that they are promotional videos (mostly done by a tiny little text remark to the video).

Even normal ads on TV have clauses that somewhat prevent false advertising. Allowing companies to pay for promotions with clauses saying "showcase this and talk about this, but do not talk about about this or show this. PS: You are not allowed to be negative" is something that screams for reform in terms of advertisement laws. Combine that with streamers / youtube channels audience age and general lack of understanding towards the issue and it is even more problematic.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Can't be any worse than Dead Island, which was a pretty good game because of co-op. I don't think I would have ever finished DI if it wasn't for co-op, the game was just an okay game to me, but playing with friends makes every game better.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
TotalBicuit is streaming it right now. If there's one streamer/youtuber you can fairly well trust it would be him.

http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit
One thing that I love about what he does is he says at the start of a Stream if he is being paid to Stream it/Promote the game and to take everything he says about the game into account knowing that information. Did anyone hear him say anything like this at the start of the stream? Any dev house/publisher that goes on record as saying they are not holding review sites to an embargo, but then never send them the copies to review properly anyway, raises so many red flags it's sickening.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
One thing that I love about what he does is he says at the start of a Stream if he is being paid to Stream it/Promote the game and to take everything he says with a grain of salt. Did anyone hear him say anything like this at the start of the stream?
That's what I mean about being able to trust him. I didn't catch the start so I'm not sure and sadly it seems you can't watch his past streams without subscribing to his channel. So far he seems fairly positive about it aside from being annoyed about some SLI bug or something.