Dying Light

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Own it but not played it yet (PS4) - but I should at some point being that I've literally done nothing with it. I hate doing mic shit though - not much of a talker.
No prob. I won't wear a headset. Start a character and get passed the first three missions and we can coop.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK, so this was my surprise game of 2016 and if they don't announce a sequel soon i'm going to burn the Techland offices to the ground.

To
The
Ground.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
There were a couple of small/cosmetic ones and 2 "big" ones. One of which looks like a cheesy multiplayer arena thing

And the one that actually looks like it adds a new area.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Started playing this game, am kinda underwhelmed so far. I dont really enjoy the combat where it seems like i spend almost all my time either killing mobs that are no threat to me using low skillcap mechanics, remaking my weapons (because lead pipes can break in twenty hitz?) or looting crap like im playing an elder scrolls game.

I dont really like the crafting mechanic, its cumbersome enough that i cant enjoy beating up a horde of zombies because im just wrecking my weapons but there is so much crap out there i cant run out of stuff easily. Combine that with the leveling system that rewards you for killing everything you see.

I guess i want to enjoy this game, but just can't because killing zombies isnt that fun.

I do want to try more night gameplay, but am worried the night gameplay will be bullshit mechanics stacked on top of infintely respawning zombies that aren't fun to kill.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Started playing this game, am kinda underwhelmed so far. I dont really enjoy the combat where it seems like i spend almost all my time either killing mobs that are no threat to me using low skillcap mechanics, remaking my weapons (because lead pipes can break in twenty hitz?) or looting crap like im playing an elder scrolls game.

I dont really like the crafting mechanic, its cumbersome enough that i cant enjoy beating up a horde of zombies because im just wrecking my weapons but there is so much crap out there i cant run out of stuff easily. Combine that with the leveling system that rewards you for killing everything you see.

I guess i want to enjoy this game, but just can't because killing zombies isnt that fun.

I do want to try more night gameplay, but am worried the night gameplay will be bullshit mechanics stacked on top of infintely respawning zombies that aren't fun to kill.

1. Fuck you for bumping this with no news of DL 2.

2. That is an issue early in the game that goes away fairly early on. There are some perks that let weapons last long. Higher quality weapons have a number of free repairs and there is a perk that gives a % chance to not use one each time you repair.

3. The chests and weapons are static and respawn each time you sleep. You can farm lead pipes and money around the main building while leveling.

4. Get the dropkick perk ASAP and learn to use it in close quarters. It makes saving your early weapons much easier.

5. If none of this sounds fun then this might not be the game for you.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I got 2 dropkick perks and use it a lot, kicking zombies into spikes is great the first 30 times, but is pretty situational.

Ill keep at it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I got 2 dropkick perks and use it a lot, kicking zombies into spikes is great the first 30 times, but is pretty situational.

Ill keep at it.

If you still don't like it once you get the grappling hook just stop playing, it doesn't get any better. Personally I love this game.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Just like Dead Island this game let me down with the constant weapon breaking. I get it, some of the "glue a knife to a flimsy fishing rod" should break, but lead pipes, katanas, baseball bats etc etc is just retardedly brittle.

There was some sword you could get in the begining (Excalibur?) that had a decent health for a solid metal item, and duping that saved the game for me. Fun game otherwise and there should be a DL 2.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just like Dead Island this game let me down with the constant weapon breaking. I get it, some of the "glue a knife to a flimsy fishing rod" should break, but lead pipes, katanas, baseball bats etc etc is just retardedly brittle.

There was some sword you could get in the begining (Excalibur?) that had a decent health for a solid metal item, and duping that saved the game for me. Fun game otherwise and there should be a DL 2.
Doesn't the EXPcalibur have a really low durability and have zero repairs?

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Not my memory of it, we duped a ton of it and used it during most of the time we played. Might have changed or been patched? Or my memory sucks :)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Was excited to use the bow, then I found out it's completely drenched in auto aim and is pretty much impossible to aim at anything but the back from more than 10 meters away.

From what I can tell there's no way to turn it off =\

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I got this at some point recently on some sale (probably chrono.gg) and have started playing it for the first time.

Any recommendations on weapon stuff?

Any reason not to do side quests before the main story stuff?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got this at some point recently on some sale (probably chrono.gg) and have started playing it for the first time.

Any recommendations on weapon stuff?

Any reason not to do side quests before the main story stuff?
Long (like machete or sword, not daggers/knives or big 2H polearms) bladed weapons are the best. Bat type weapons with spikes/nails/blades pounded into them are pretty good too. I don't recommend wasting upgrade components--especially super rare ones like Kings--on anything until you have a large stockpile later in the game. Shit breaks so fast, you level up pretty quickly, and new weapons are everywhere*. I modded maybe a small handful of weapons prior to getting to the point where I was using orange-tier swords, and even then it was just the cheap electric or fire mods. Guns might seem useless.... and then you run into a camp of bandits and remember why you should always carry a couple around with you. You eventually end up with enough money to buy tons of ammo so they are pretty useful vs. zombies too.

I don't remember there being any reason not to just do side quests whenever, especially since it's probably best to move on to the expansion pack stuff ASAP after you complete the main story. Besides side quests are a good way to raise your survivor levels so you don't have to grind in order to make the expansion not frustratingly difficult.

*-Definitely get good at lockpicking, all the best lootable stuff is in 'very hard' locked crates/vans.