Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My research center
Capture.JPG

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'll probably "finish" my factory leechstar today, then I'm planning on turning first planet into my research planet. Each energon cube takes 2 products, so figure 2 interstellar can feed the entire complex once its up and running. In the end all it will produce is research, water, refined oil & deuterium (fucking hydrogen glut)

LeechStar is leeching all resources now though, I assume it will work for other systems once I setup the supply chain on other end for each planet. Currently my only desire to go beyond my system is for the rare resources, and top priority: soil pile. I'm going to end up paving over a couple planets to get a comfortable amount of soil, I know it.

Uh, where do the screenshots for this end up? I don't even know if PrtScn is doing the trick.

Protip: Set Building View to God mode, under Settings>Gameplay, it will change your life.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
What does it mean when something has 2 separate rows of ingredients? The graphite rods will show one line with 2coal in 4 seconds turns into graphite rods....but then the second row looks like you can make graphite rods out of hydrogen and crude oil?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
What does it mean when something has 2 separate rows of ingredients? The graphite rods will show one line with 2coal in 4 seconds turns into graphite rods....but then the second row looks like you can make graphite rods out of hydrogen and crude oil?

For several items there are alternate recipes, the second row you refer to would be in an oil refinery. It's a way to get more hydrogen if you have too much fuel but not enough hydrogen.

Process is Xray cracking which is a tech to unlock

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
For several items there are alternate recipes, the second row you refer to would be in an oil refinery. It's a way to get more hydrogen if you have too much fuel but not enough hydrogen.
That's exactly what I wanted to do, but couldn't get the smelters to switch over to that recipe.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
That's exactly what I wanted to do, but couldn't get the smelters to switch over to that recipe.

Try it in a refinery should work just make sure you get your sorters set to the right materials since you have two goods being produced (use tab when placing the sorter) and make sure you have the tech.

• 2Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
This game is good.

One thing that bugs me - how do you reverse the direction on conveyor belts ? I did it once by accident on a huge conveyor and ended up having to rebuild it because I couldn't work it out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How many matrix buildings do you guys have going? Im just at this point in the game where I feel like it takes entirely too long to go up the tech tree. I just left the game on with an inventory full of red/blue hashes and when I came back.. I still wasnt very far. I have 4x3 at the moment at full, non stop, production. What am I missing?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
How many matrix buildings do you guys have going? Im just at this point in the game where I feel like it takes entirely too long to go up the tech tree. I just left the game on with an inventory full of red/blue hashes and when I came back.. I still wasnt very far. I have 4x3 at the moment at full, non stop, production. What am I missing?
I haven't gotten my uber research setup built yet, but I've got a 4 tier research lab that has red/blue/yellow/purple 4 tier production labs feeding into it, it's entirely self sustaining once you get it right. If you missed it, you can change the labs from production to research. You mentioned inventory, so I'm assuming your doing manual research.

I found it all fairly slow at the beginning, especially all the blue/red techs. I'm going very fast now, yet I just have the 4 tier lab I had when I was doing blues only. The research speed tech is worthwhile, but you don't get it till purple cubes.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
If you missed it, you can change the labs from production to research. You mentioned inventory, so I'm assuming your doing manual research.

How do you do this ? I have tried changing my labs to research, but they just complain about lack of matrix. Is there something else you need to build or research before you can do that ?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
You need to feed the required matrix cubes into it the same way you feed materials into an assembler.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I do up my plans on paper like a flowchart. When you have replicator screen open (F), you can click any item to see what it makes, what makes it, and how. You can also click the ingredients to follow the chain right down to raw resource. I start with item I want to make, write it all down, including the numbers and what makes it (smelter/assem/ect)

Slap the prototype down quick, make it look pretty later. Makes it so much easier when you have to plan out an entire system that produces various end products, but is all connected.

The amount of iron I'm going through at this stage is obscene, I'm not even working on swarm/sphere at all yet.

• 1Like

Grez

Molten Core Raider
I do up my plans on paper like a flowchart. When you have replicator screen open (F), you can click any item to see what it makes, what makes it, and how. You can also click the ingredients to follow the chain right down to raw resource. I start with item I want to make, write it all down, including the numbers and what makes it (smelter/assem/ect)

Slap the prototype down quick, make it look pretty later. Makes it so much easier when you have to plan out an entire system that produces various end products, but is all connected.

The amount of iron I'm going through at this stage is obscene, I'm not even working on swarm/sphere at all yet.
I'm seriously concerned about my iron, my starting planet is down to like a million iron. I gotta get an interplanetary network going asap.

I just got an intraplanetary network going and holy shit I won't miss the spaghetti belt system; massive boost in production and ease of setting up new production lines, but that iron drain...

Last edited:
  • 2Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The starting planet isn't meant to last long in terms of metals or stone. It's got more than enough to set up facilities on the other planets in the starting system which have way more materials.

What the starting planet is good for is water and oil. I have pretty large oil facilities set up on the starting planet, with bulk refineries doing plasma refining, then bulk refineries doing x-ray cracking (with the produced hydrogen looping back in). I had to build 100 or so thermal power stations to burn off all of the excess hydrogen I'm producing that I have no use for. I will divert it into producing something useful eventually but for now it's just getting in the way.
The mass oil and energized graphite then gets turned into sulfuric acid (until the stone runs out) graphene, plastic, carbon nanotubes (with titanium shipped from another planet) and particle broadband (with crystal silicon shipped from another planet).

Longer term once I fully move my metal and stone production off this planet and find a sulfuric acid planet I am going to bulldoze everything and then rebuild even bigger. I'm thinking of bringing every oil well into one crude oil pipeline (or maybe two if it's too big for one conveyor). The whole starting world will be full of oil refineries and chemical facilities. It will be glorious!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Took a little tour of nearby stars. Not really impressed, the rare resources are fairly low amounts so far, I was hoping for unlimited stuff like fire ice from local gas giant. I'm fine for resources, but silicon is going to become limited soon. I hope there's better systems out there, I only saw 3 nearby systems.

Space flight fucking sucks. I know how it all works, but if you fuck it up, especially at high speeds, it's damn near impossible to recover, and best to load a save. I can't wait until it improves, it should be a fun part of the end game, with all the stars/planets in a cluster you can warp to. and explore. Energy drain is way to quick, and I have most things researched part way into stuff that needs green cubes now, so it's not a lack of mech skills.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I carry a stack of solar panels, wireless towers and accumulators so when I fly to a new planet I create power and recharge my mech. I tend to spend all of my energy every time I travel to a planet by accelerating to max speed and crash landing head first into the planet at 2000km/s. Makes it only take 5 seconds to get from planet to planet.

I had that problem once early on when exploring the solar system where I missed my target and ran out of energy facing out into the universe. Took me a while to work out how to turn around and go back.

Now my flight strategy is just hold down W at all times, aim the mouse (little box icon) at the target planet, hold down shift until you get to max speed, then hit the target like a missile.

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
First time in space, I ran out of energy and fuel, hit a gas giant, and got stuck.