Dyson Sphere Program

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If you have extra whatever you need to get rid of, and don't have a need to stockpile, connect it to large storage. When it's nearly full, with only the storage open ctrl click a stack, then hit delete. Worked great for hydrogen ect early on. I haven't figured out a way to manually take out of a tank, except destroying it with enough inv space avail.

It's not automatic, but a lot of stuff isn't really early on. Later on I have zero issues with using up hydrogen, and everything can be automated far easier with most/all tech unlocked.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
fire ice = graphene and deuterium. this is enough fractionators to reliably delete all of the hydrogen.. system is producing 900 graphene and 450 deuterium per minute. Consuming about 42MW of power.
fireice.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't think that is needed, thermal power stations operate whether the power is required or not.
They don't. Put some fuel into one and it won't use it until there is demand. Also do the same thing and then hook up one machine, you will see that it burns the fuel slower because of the demand level.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They don't. Put some fuel into one and it won't use it until there is demand. Also do the same thing and then hook up one machine, you will see that it burns the fuel slower because of the demand level.
Yeah you are right. I have more than 300mw of renewable and under 100mw of thermal, and with 200mw of demand its still burning through the hydrogen. I assumed it would be smart but it's not.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
fire ice = graphene and deuterium. this is enough fractionators to reliably delete all of the hydrogen.. system is producing 900 graphene and 450 deuterium per minute. Consuming about 42MW of power.
View attachment 333385
Mini Particle Collider wasn't enough for me, so I made a legit Mass Hardon Collider, that actually spins. Outer ring = strange matter, inner ring hydrogen > deuterium. Hydrogen isn't an issue, in fact I'm piping some in from gas giant now, I don't quite have enough, even with mass fire ice >graphene production.
masshardoncollider.jpg

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I still haven't started on a swarm/sphere, I can't seem to find an answer on if there is any kind of limit on them. Can you basically build them every system if you want?

I don't want to throw one up to produce antimatter and find I can't build another later around a good high Lum star.

Starting to wonder if building a mass planet factory is a bad idea, my PC/GPU is starting to heat up quite a bit, not usually an issue. Apparently the entire planet you are on is rendered, not just the area you are at. Might have to split some between my home planet & ice planet.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I still haven't started on a swarm/sphere, I can't seem to find an answer on if there is any kind of limit on them. Can you basically build them every system if you want?

I don't want to throw one up to produce antimatter and find I can't build another later around a good high Lum star.

Starting to wonder if building a mass planet factory is a bad idea, my PC/GPU is starting to heat up quite a bit, not usually an issue. Apparently the entire planet you are on is rendered, not just the area you are at. Might have to split some between my home planet & ice planet.

You can build more than one, game isn't over till you have one on every star in the system

• 2Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It wouldn't surprise me if there isn't enough materials to build a sphere around every star.. dyson sphere takes a hell of a lot of mats to build.
I just started building my first one.. had to substantially increase my titanium alloy production.. Luckily I already tapped into a sulfuric ocean in another system otherwise it would have been impossible.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It wouldn't surprise me if there isn't enough materials to build a sphere around every star.. dyson sphere takes a hell of a lot of mats to build.
I just started building my first one.. had to substantially increase my titanium alloy production.. Luckily I already tapped into a sulfuric ocean in another system otherwise it would have been impossible.

i started my first one using their default radius and gave up and moved to a new system and then started another one much smaller. I want to at least finish one before I think about doing a massive one.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
This is me now, screw it, without a mass dismantle brush, it's far easier to start on a fresh sheet of paper, so to speak. I'll just leave it on auto, and supply new spot easier.

dspnewplan.jpg

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This is me now, screw it, without a mass dismantle brush, it's far easier to start on a fresh sheet of paper, so to speak. I'll just leave it on auto, and supply new spot easier.

View attachment 333643

I just spent all day spending down my resources taking everything down and moving to a new system.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I have my manufacturing spread evenly across 3 planets in my home system so I didn't need to tear anything down. I've got my sphere & sail production & launch system built on my silicon planet with heaps of space for expansion. Main issue is power now since you need so many launchers and railguns which take a hell of a lot of power. Time to drop another 1000 solar panels!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I just spent all day spending down my resources taking everything down and moving to a new system.
Yeah I'm stripping down a handful of essentials, and really good stuff, like T3 assemblers, accelerators ect, and rest fuel/warp right now. Feels like civilization ended, and I'm GTFO. Turning off all the logistics too for complete feel. The gas giant harvesters will provide forever with warps I guess.

Gonna find the best luminosity star with good resources nearby I can, apparently that matters for endgame production. Want to make one around a black hole now too, videos I've seen of them are kinda trippy.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
So is ringworld possible here? Resource limitation was one of the reasons for that design, wasn't it?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
You can build any subsection of sphere, so you could just build a ring if you want.
I've got 12 rocket launch silos going non stop now.. still going to take a long time to build the sphere.. need to scale up some more. You can see all of the rocket delivering construction materials in the screenie.
1612759621048.png

I've got my white research going now too, finally!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
It was never explicitly called out but I like how you can bulk move the entire contents of a storage bin even if you don't have room for it in your inventory. You can even CTRL click all the content and walk across the planet and drop the stack in another bin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user