E3 2016

Quaid

Trump's Staff
its unfortunate that zelda only has a few cutscenes voiced and all the interactions with NPCs in the world is text only with the typical "nintendo grunting", I find that super immersion breaking nowadays
I generally prefer text games, as I tend to read more quickly than voiceover allows. Voice acting can be really awful too, and I am often compelled to skip through story elements because of this.

I'm stoked at that decision.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Shrug, as long as the Nintendo consoles offer exclusive titles that have fun game-play I won't be embarrassed to invest. Star Fox, Smash Bros, Mario 3D world, DK Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 (always love mario kart), Hyrule Warriors, Mario Maker all games I've put a decent amount of time in and enjoyed. And I haven't played some other games I'm interested in like Xenoblade, Splatoon and the upcoming Zelda game. Probably more I can't think of. For me at least the console fits a niche and if status quo stays the same I'll purchase Nintendo in the next gen too before either of the others.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
It's been discussed before, the next Nintendo systems will likely share their library. If they do that, then instead of making one version of a game for a console, and one version for their handheld, they can simply make a game for both. This should open up a lot of resources to increase game output.

Zelda looks good btw. Looks very ICO.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So I think it's time for me to bite the bullet and join this gen of consoles. Probably going to pick up a PS4. When do these newfangled ones come out and what is the price gonna be? And is it only for 4k? I have a 1080 tv, so if there is no advantage, if the regular PS4 is cheaper I may go that route. Althought, will the old ps4 play the VR headset shit? Because I could see myself getting that eventually if it comes down in price.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
They just need a beefier handheld with a HDMI port on the back to plug into your TV. That's all Nintendo has to do. Maybe a small port on the front for a controller jack or two. Or have a wireless controller.

Make a modular system that plays a clearly second tier in graphics level of games on par with handhelds that you can buy a couple of peripherals (or none, just an HDMI cable) and you can play it as if it was on your TV. The touch controls can go away, or you can leave the bottom screen stuff... on the bottom screen of the "controller." Add in a Nintendo style Console Caddy stand for when it is being used as a console, and have the HDMI port override the top screen and a wireless/wired override for the touch screen features/controls when plugged in/connected. Voila. You now no longer have to have two different devices, Nintendo doesn't have to support two clearly different demographics individually, and finally people can play pokemon without having to use emulation software or a handheld to do it.

Too bad I don't think Nintendo thinks that way. The NX might incorporate some of that, but I doubt they are going to make it that easy. I fully expect lots of stupid gimmicky shit, which Nintendo has been known for.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Red Dead Redemption 2 was going to be shown at the end of the Sony Conference, but the cut trailer apparently had a scene where the player walks into a saloon and starts shooting people and it was decided that was inappropriate to show. RDR2 will be announced on June 19th
lol yeah wayyyy too soon, sony would have gotten major shit for that. Smart move.

and SOURCE?! Rockstar will literally print money if they release RDR2. The way GTA Online is changing and still growing, RDR2 on next gen will be awesome. Can't wait..

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
They just need a beefier handheld with a HDMI port on the back to plug into your TV. That's all Nintendo has to do. Maybe a small port on the front for a controller jack or two. Or have a wireless controller.

Make a modular system that plays a clearly second tier in graphics level of games on par with handhelds that you can buy a couple of peripherals (or none, just an HDMI cable) and you can play it as if it was on your TV. The touch controls can go away, or you can leave the bottom screen stuff... on the bottom screen of the "controller." Add in a Nintendo style Console Caddy stand for when it is being used as a console, and have the HDMI port override the top screen and a wireless/wired override for the touch screen features/controls when plugged in/connected. Voila. You now no longer have to have two different devices, Nintendo doesn't have to support two clearly different demographics individually, and finally people can play pokemon without having to use emulation software or a handheld to do it.

Too bad I don't think Nintendo thinks that way. The NX might incorporate some of that, but I doubt they are going to make it that easy. I fully expect lots of stupid gimmicky shit, which Nintendo has been known for.
It's probably going to be two separate systems with parts in the same family. That way the game can scale to whatever you're playing on. Being one device is unlikely.

spronk

FPS noob
gran turismo sport, release Nov 15th 2016 PS4 exclusive

Sqpec08.gif

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Game is gorgeous as long as they stick to the road track stuff, the shots of the dirt tracks haven't looked that good IMO.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
its unfortunate that zelda only has a few cutscenes voiced and all the interactions with NPCs in the world is text only with the typical "nintendo grunting", I find that super immersion breaking nowadays
Are you kidding me? This is the best part about Zelda. It is MORE immersive. I remember there was a vote somewhere asking this exact question (whether people would prefer actual voice acting in the new Zelda) and it had tens of thousands of replies and over 90% don't want voices. I will quit Zelda the day they switch to voice actors. What Quaid said.

Wow I just found this:The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - World Premiere Stage Demo - E3 2016 - YouTubedamnnnn, so that's what everyone was watching. I only saw the main trailer after searching around for news. This was harder to find for some dumb reason. Can anyone tell me what the ribbons they are wearing represent? They aren't on Wiki's ribbon list. God damn those fucking ribbons. (god damnit I'm an idiot, obviously it's the obvious answer and it's support for the LGBT people killed in Orlando). Also, randomly, that rainbow ribbon represents Anaplastic Adrenal Cancer!

Just got nostalgia for Ocarina. Anyone remember how scary these fuckers were as a 11yo kid ?Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time Lizard fight young link temple 2 - YouTubeThey were so relentless! So excited about this new Zelda. I have confidence in the developers. The 30min gameplay video is fantastic.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Zelda is tickling me a lot the right way. I think the art style will scale well for future console( Like wind waker HD). Feels like Zelda meets FarCry2 (Fire, weapon degradation and sickness, open world.), Skyrim, Souls games, shadow of the colosus(I'm pretty sure some boss fight gonna use the climbing) and Monster Hunter mashed together. I'm gonna preorder it tonight.

I'm glad Gt Sport will support PS VR. I dropped 100$ for preordered on impulse because I happenned to be at EBgame (gamestop) when the took preorder and they were selling thems pretty quickly.

So far E3 is OK this year but not amazing.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Zelda is tickling me a lot the right way. I think the art style will scale well for future console( Like wind waker HD). Feels like Zelda meets FarCry2 (Fire, weapon degradation and sickness, open world.), Skyrim, Souls games, shadow of the colosus(I'm pretty sure some boss fight gonna use the climbing) and Monster Hunter mashed together. I'm gonna preorder it tonight.

I'm glad Gt Sport will support PS VR. I dropped 100$ for preordered on impulse because I happenned to be at EBgame (gamestop) when the took preorder and they were selling thems pretty quickly.

So far E3 is OK this year but not amazing.
Yeah totally agree about Zelda. Anyone wanna be a superstar and link every E3 Zelda video? In the 30min gameplay one they mentioned several other videos coming later that day re: puzzle solving and such.

Wow I've never played the God of War games but that trailer looks insanely cool. Really unique and beautiful. I love when game developers recognize that they can make a piece of art in a game (beautiful dynamic, complex characters/storytelling + gameplay). It's happening more and more these days, mostly in indie developers, but now it seems like more AAA games are doing it too. Probably already linked and seen by most but:God of War Stage Demo - E3 2016 Sony Press Conference - YouTube

I am stunned. I've watched it 3 times. Beautiful.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think the new Zelda looks awesome. Is that a Wii U game? I can't buy that thing for 1 game.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's probably going to be two separate systems with parts in the same family. That way the game can scale to whatever you're playing on. Being one device is unlikely.
If they move over their entire handheld department so that the games can be played upscaled on a console? I would definitely pick up the console and not give the handheld another thought. There has to be a catch to draw the market to pick up both, which probably means leaving the games people actually want on a console (Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Rpgs in general. Maybe not Etrian Odyssey!) to being handheld exclusive, removing a lot of reasons to pick up a console.

My idea would make it the biggest selling system ever probably, which is why it will never happen =|

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Will be on NX. Kinda like I did for dark soul 2. Buy PS3 version cause it's released first, then buy PC cause of better graphic and 60 FPS, then buy DS2 SoTFS cause for whatever reason.