E3 2016

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looking forward to Kojima ruse cruise all of his games come with in figuring out what the hell they are about exactly. Many confusing adventures with Norman Reedus and his Norman Fetus.
I didn't see it but evidently he was wearing a t shirt with the logo on it doing an interview before the show and said he wasn't showing anything tonight.

spronk

FPS noob
Ck4ee66UkAADWQk.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Glad we're getting to finally see some gameplay of this, but yeah I agree I NEED the backstory to this game. The world is fucking gorgeous though. "Hey lets take skyrim and put robots in it" I'M ALL IN
Robot DINOSAURS.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still holding onto the slim hope that RDR2 might get announced sometime this week. Other stuff looks interesting, but this is all I really want atm.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So what exactly is sony/microsoft hoping to accomplish with these new consoles? They sure as shit arent going to be pushing any video games at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, let alone 30fps. Even a 1080 cant average 60fps with current titles @ 4k. At most these new consoles will have a readon 480 equivalent.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Think it's pretty clear what MS is doing, an indie dev in 10 years might be able to make a game that runs on Xbox One-equivalent hardware and all subsequent consoles as well as wherever else Xbox Anywhere reaches by then. People can buy into the platform wherever they are comfortable.

Hard to say with Sony, maybe the same thing? They can't even get their own standalone UHD players out until maybe March due to software issues. They might not even be in the long term iterative hardware game and just trying to get UHD support in, they referred to the Neo as a complimentary console for the PS4 life cycle. We won't know what their long term vision is until they tell us.

Column_sl

shitlord
Man, that new RE demo looks rough.

I have a feeling a lot of the tech demos we saw on stage won't live up to their visuals.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Horizon: Zero Dawn is the game that has me most excited. I think it's just the notion of a fantasy setting where Clarke's third law is very much a thing.

Column_sl

shitlord
Horizon: Zero Dawn is the game that has me most excited. I think it's just the notion of a fantasy setting where Clarke's third law is very much a thing.
I hope it's not all smoke and mirrors. Horizon, and God of War seemed a little too good looking for a Console game. I'll guess we will find out.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So what exactly is sony/microsoft hoping to accomplish with these new consoles? .
Hardware compute for VR. They need to have an alternate marketing spin as to why people should get them other than to support VR. So they talk about 4k and such.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Hardware compute for VR. They need to have an alternate marketing spin as to why people should get them other than to support VR. So they talk about 4k and such.
Why did Anri Okita have to retire before i can jerk it to her in glorious 4k VR environments?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Man, that new RE demo looks rough.

I have a feeling a lot of the tech demos we saw on stage won't live up to their visuals.
Did you play it? I see it on the store for preorder, but do not see a demo available. Wonder if they pulled it, or you have to preorder to get the demo. Which I obviously will not be doing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So what exactly is sony/microsoft hoping to accomplish with these new consoles? They sure as shit arent going to be pushing any video games at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, let alone 30fps. Even a 1080 cant average 60fps with current titles @ 4k. At most these new consoles will have a readon 480 equivalent.
I think they're probably worried that people are going to see 4k TV sets becoming the norm and they're still running 1080p consoles. Console peasants as a whole do not care if a game is running at 60fps as long as it looks good.

spronk

FPS noob
to be fair the scorpion rumor is running at 5-6 tflops, which is just slightly below a 1070 (6.5 tflops). By comparison a ps4/xbone is around 1 tflop so that would be a massive upgrade in cpu/gpu. The PS 4K neo rumor was under 2 tflop so that is not as big an upgrade and really is just a glorified 4k upscaler for 1080p content, just done on the console instead of the TV doing it (so slightly better IQ).

On the other hand scorpion isn't out till fall 2017, by then I'd expect the 1080 ti to be pushing 10-12 tflops already.

In an ideal world the widening gaps between various platforms mean games have more presets and wider output options like 30 fps or 60 fps, 1080p or 4k, various AA solutions, etc like PC gamers have been used to for years on good games. In reality it probably means devs just target 30fps 1080p and have a few minor tweaks for higher hardware, not even close to pushing them.

Another trailer for Nioh is coming out today and they announced another PS4 beta soon, didn't really enjoy the alpha but it did have a dark souls feel

NiEr: Automata