E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Bit worried about Holiday 2018, but 2019 is looking pretty good.

Honestly EA dropped the bar low enough that anything would be good in comparison.

Still think that was a pretty good and diverse showing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So far I am only interested in Metro and the From Ninjaborne game.

Fadaar

That guy
Best thing Sony could hope for is a release date for FF7 that isn't 2+ years out

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone found a message from CD Projekt in that trailer:
c9st97pbv8311.png
c9st97pbv8311.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Here is the problem however. Halo 5 sucked ass, as did gears of war 4. I doubt they have any talent that will make that better. I’m probably more pumped for Ori 2 and dying light 2 than anything Halo or gears related. They have screwed the pooch for so long now they had better turn it around with these two titles.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Ok, worked my way through some of the game reveals I missed. Sekiro and DMC5 look fucking awesome; can't wait for those.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
All Sony has to do is show a new horizon zero dawn sequel trailer, last of us 2, bloodborne 2, and maybe even pop out an uncharted 5 and watch MS’s tears for what I thought was a pretty mediocre showing again this year. Also if Sony announces a gamepass subscription with access to all Sony games, I’m going to shit myself laughing.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Bethesda next, I'm hoping for some surprises.

Sony tomorrow, and they have a habit of resting on their laurels so I hope they actually are taking this seriously.

Ghosts and TLoU 2 look good, but that's not enough.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Best thing Sony could hope for is a release date for FF7 that isn't 2+ years out

Red Dead Redemption 2 wasn't show in this conference, so guessing that will be at Sony.

Difference I imagine will be that with the Sony conference, we might see more actual exclusives. 90+% of the games shown at the MS conference weren't exclusives if you count PC, which I do. They showed tons of games, many of which I want to play. Still no desire or need at all to buy a Xbox. If you have a PC, you still need a PS4 to play all the good games. You do not need a Xbox.

Next year that might be different though with the purchase of several studios including Ninja Theory.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Trailers for HZD and LoU2 are possible, (maybe a longer trailer for Shadows Die Twice) something about FF7 is probably planned, BB2 I don't think we will see anything on, unless Miyazaki is not working on it, Sony does own the IP for it(which would honestly surprise me, he is the backbone for that whole series just look at what the B-Team did too DS2 rofl..)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Also death stranding. Really looking forward to that one as well. I’m sure Sony will just steal the show again like they did last year. MS is so far behind it will take years to catch up. I’m glad they are trying at least, but 343 is a joke of a Dev house - every iteration of their halo games have sucked balls. GoW 5 one cannot even be excited for since GoW 4 was a shitshow and it’s the same people behind it.

Expanding a bit on dying light 2. That was some impressive choice rendering with real game world impact. If missions like that water choice example is a plenty via mission design, that’s going to be one hell of a game.

If there is anything I have seen so far though, it’s that development is still least common denominators development because the extra power doesn’t seem to be utilized with anything I have seen yet when compared with ps pro. There is a lot of underutilized horsepower. A powerful console doesn’t mean anything when no one is putting in the extra time to develop for it.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
ohh ya forgot about Death Stranding(never was a MGS/SH fan, so will be my first game from him really)

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
ohh ya forgot about Death Stranding(never was a MGS/SH fan, so will be my first game from him really)

Norman reedus is one of my favorite actors. I tried all MGS games and liked a few of them, but not sure why I didn’t plow through them. Horror games though are a different story for me for some reason and I cannot get enough of them. Throw Hideo’s antics in the mix and I bet it is going to be a mind blowing/fucking experience.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Good conference for MS I guess but most everything I was interested in will be on PS4 anyway.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
If there is anything I have seen so far though, it’s that development is still least common denominators development because the extra power doesn’t seem to be utilized with anything I have seen yet when compared with ps pro. There is a lot of underutilized horsepower. A powerful console doesn’t mean anything when no one is putting in the extra time to develop for it.

For this I think Decima engine + Hideo's optimizations is gonna be nuts(Death Stranding and Horizon 2) and possibly TLou2 will push the PS4 Pro to it's max, GoW pushed the Pro almost there, but I'm sure they can squeeze more out of it.

• 1Like