E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I sadly agree. These are studios that had not hit home runs, at least not recently - or in the case of the Initiative, not ever yet.

Then again, if MS didnt buy some of them opportunitistically, they probably wouldnt be around next year.

It's all about the variety. Sony used to have this problem too with a terrible first party lineup, but taking gambles got them some solid IPs that can be worked on. This doesn't always work (NMS is a great example of a sony blunder) but it still gives you games to show off that aren't just the same sorry IPs over and over again.

Mind you the reliance on Naughty Dog isn't a strength imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t see how acquiring those dev houses does a thing. 1) Hellblade wasn’t that great of a game. 2) we happy few is garbage. 3) state of decay 2 is a mess. That takes out ninja theory, undead labs, and compulsion games. Forza was already a success. Bringing playground games under MS does nothing. If anything, now they will have to deal with MS’s convoluted process design methodology. One or two new studios, depends what the talent base is. Because 343 and coalition have done nothing but destroy two popular IP’s in the last two-three Years.

I just don’t see how these moves accomplish anything. Basically buying studios that haven’t done anything to prove they are worth a shit, buying studios who can’t release good games anyway (undead labs) and still throw shit to the wind hoping something sticks with halo and gears. After already having made a mistake with that talent pool last go around.

What are the benefits?
Gotta disagree with you about Hellblade, that game was great for what it wanted to present, it wasn't for everyone though. We've only had a playable demo of We Happy Few, so the full game hopefully, so hold off til we play the full game.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Sony has to show stuff that we haven't seen the past couple years. If they just roll out some trailers for the same games they did last year... yawn. I want to see some holy shit that is a surprise stuff... like they are so capable of doing.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think Sony has to show stuff that we haven't seen the past couple years. If they just roll out some trailers for the same games they did last year... yawn. I want to see some holy shit that is a surprise stuff... like they are so capable of doing.

I would love to see a Ghost Story games reveal. Supposedly a new Bioshock will also be announced but without Levine, I’d love to see the first announced even more.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>

I agree. Seeing HZD DLC, Another Uncharted and Days Gone was pretty dull. The stand out moments were a deeper dive into God of War, Spider-Man and MH:W.

Like I've said before, I really don't think Sony can rest on their laurels they need to show new stuff or they will be in some trouble.

People expect MS to do bad, but conversely people expect Sony to do really well, if they have a boring or non committal conference people will be disappointed.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
What can Sony even present that isn't half the same games along with probably another Spiderman gameplay trailer? I'd like to see more new IP's or shelved ones come out though really can't think of anything they've made that screams "this needs to come back."

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
What can Sony even present that isn't half the same games along with probably another Spiderman gameplay trailer? I'd like to see more new IP's or shelved ones come out though really can't think of anything they've made that screams "this needs to come back."

Ayup. Seeing Days Gone for the third year in a row is absolutely stupid at this point. Seeing TLoU isn't exciting either. Ghosts should be interesting seeing as we know so little thus far, but Sony need to actually come out swinging imo.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I would love to see a Ghost Story games reveal. Supposedly a new Bioshock will also be announced but without Levine, I’d love to see the first announced even more.

Bioshock without Levine is the only way I buy it after the cluster fuck that was Infinite.

• 1Salty

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Out of the possibles. Bloodborne 2, new bioshock, death stranding, HZD sequel, last of us 2, maybe some other tricks up their sleeve? They haven’t disappointed in the last three years.

I hope Microsoft can pull their head out of their ass and start giving Sony a run for their Money. But shit, even if Sony stagnates a little this year, we already had some of the most epic games on PS4 we could have hoped for anyway. If they come out with another holy shit that was epic conference, which they very well can, it will just further the dominating hold they have across their talent pool.

Trust me, I really want to use this Xbox one X for something more than a 4K player Regime Regime .

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
We have a pretty good idea of what Sony "has" been working on, it's more of what do they have planned for this final push of the PS4 Pro(I really think after this year maybe late next year, PS5 might start to be in actual development and not just in theory land.)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I loved infinite. :(
Yes ignore @OU Ariakas he thinks I’m req

Great game.

Also Zindan Zindan Ill try giving hellblade another chance. Maybe I’m just missing something.

Yeah totally retarded to discount this game. Collectibles were amazing because you learn about Ragnorak and the actual Nordic lore. Having played God of War and this game will make you ready for Valhalla.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
We have a pretty good idea of what Sony "has" been working on, it's more of what do they have planned for this final push of the PS4 Pro(I really think after this year maybe late next year, PS5 might start to be in actual development and not just in theory land.)

This is it tbh. We're at the point where first party devs should be getting every last ounce of power out of the PS4 pro right now, and we really need to see some great games to finish off a great cycle.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Bethesda around the corner. Let’s crystal ball TES 6: Black Marsh. Launch in November. That would be epic. And 1st Era throw back in time with lots of pirating.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Bethesda starts in 30 minutes. I'm honestly unsure what to expect. I really hope we at least hear about something Elder Scrolls but I doubt it.

• 1Like