E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not seeing a truly "open" world, just something like Destiny where you run between connecting corridors into large encounter areas.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'd give that a 4/10 and that's only for Unravel two. I'm a soft critic and i'm really disappointed in that shit.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
By Feb. 2019 Anthem is going to be outdated-on-arrival. That game-play looked old. It better have an amazing as shit story-line.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
I was really hoping to see something that made Anthem feel like more than a Destiny clone that's too late to the party. I didn't get that. BioWare will be euthanized by the next E3 probably.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh it atleast looks more interesting than Destiny atm - all it needs to do is hook those who are tired of Destiny and want something new from Warframe - shouldnt be hard really.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Anthem is quest hubs. Its basically Destiny it sounds like.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
By Feb. 2019 Anthem is going to be outdated-on-arrival. That game-play looked old. It better have an amazon as shit story-line.

That's why I'm so shocked at the release date. It is already an old concept and still over half a year away. Unless it is just mind blowing there's no point to release.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
The EA conference was real meh for me. The Anthem gameplay was the only good part.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
So the next conference is Microsoft tomorrow.

I'm actually pretty excited for it even though I don't have an Xbox One.

Microsoft really have something to prove this year so I'm hoping they come out swinging.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys. My wife hiked me to flipping Canada. Think I saw a bioware employee jumping into a waterfall. Tell you one thing about Canadians. I have 3G in the middle of fucking no where.

See ya later I think I see John Rambo.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
God bless, I missed the press conference. I heard it was bad, I seen a little bit of anthem. It looks like trash

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So the next conference is Microsoft tomorrow.

I'm actually pretty excited for it even though I don't have an Xbox One.

Microsoft really have something to prove this year so I'm hoping they come out swinging.
What Microsoft needs is a first-party lineup that extends beyond Halo and Gears. I know they've been taking steps on that front, but I don't know if enough time has passed yet for any of it to bear fruit. I expect their conference next year will kick ass, but I'm not expecting a lot this year (it'll still be better than EA's, though).

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I don't think Anthem looks bad, but it does look like a indifferent Destiny clone with combat arena sizes larger than what Destiny usually deals in. I can't imagine it will hit the sales even ME: Andromeda did.

And if The Force Unleashed sales could only warrant an underwhelming mid budget sequel, how the hell do they think a defacto 3 is going to make its money back?

• 1Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Good press conference for me w/ an EA version of Game Pass and Madden for PC. Now they need to confirm cross-play (with Live at least) and add cross-buy. For everything else (mostly Anthem) I don't really care until it's actually released.
Madden on PC? Well, I just came, hard. I wonder if it will have mod support.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Will the models glitch out into gliding kneeling positions?

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Just think of the Street Fighter 2 minigames someone would put in, where you get bonuses for the next game depending on how hard you whip your child or punch your fiance. Or the Metal Gear Solid stealth mission to swap your weed-positive urine sample!

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
What Microsoft needs is a first-party lineup that extends beyond Halo and Gears. I know they've been taking steps on that front, but I don't know if enough time has passed yet for any of it to bear fruit. I expect their conference next year will kick ass, but I'm not expecting a lot this year (it'll still be better than EA's, though).

I'm thinking the same honestly, but I do think we'll get a lot of hints and promises of things to come. I really hope we at least see something for this year but I'm really interested to see if they've learned from the Sony and Nintendo strategy of game > game > game > game rather than driving cars on stage or whatever.