E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
With E3 being right around the corner what are you guys looking forward to the most? What do you think is going to be the biggest disappointment? What gems are on the horizon that you think haven't got enough attention?

This will also be the collaborative meeting place for all Soygen gifs showing off the best cringe and trainwreck moments.

I'm personally looking forward to

Cyberpunk 2077
Insurgency: Sandstorm
Marvel MMO game
Last of Us 2
The crash and burn of Anthem

Interested in seeing some gameplay for

Division 2
Battlefield 5 (Really curious about the mechanics).

I"m sure there's a few others I'm missing but it's all that popped into my head at the moment. Discuss.

EDIT:
PRESS EVENT TIMES (PACIFIC):

Sat, June 9
11 am: EA

Sun, June 10
1 pm: Microsoft
6:30 pm: Bethesda
8 pm: Devolver Digital

Mon, June 11
10 am: Square Enix
1 pm: Ubisoft
3 pm: PC Gaming
6 pm: Sony

Tues, June 12
9 am: Nintendo

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Looking forward to seeing what Bethesda has to offer this year, especially since we already know a new Fallout is coming. Praying for a Doom sequel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Looking forward to seeing what Bethesda has to offer this year, especially since we already know a new Fallout is coming. Praying for a Doom sequel.

You think they'll blow our socks off with a new elder scrolls that no one expects?

spronk

FPS noob
only care about 2018 games so most are gonna be 2019, zero interest in that (so much changes in the last six months of a game)

So for me probably curious about Days Gone release date, see some Spiderman PS4, and hopeful for any surprise 2018 release date games we don't know about (unlikely)

I am morbidly curious as to what the fuck is going on with Crackdown 3. Xbox in general, they have great hardware now and gamepass is good but MIA on first party. I'd like to see some simplification of GWG/gamepass, combine into one simpler program.

I'd LOVE some new hardware info but I doubt anything is coming. A portable PS4/Xbox would be very cool and its a bit weird neither company is interested in it, they are just giving up that space wholly to Nintendo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The cyberpunk reveal is pretty much the only thing I'm "hyped" for, and I'm not that hyped cause it's like a late 2019 release anyway, and I doubt we'll see any gameplay, so we still won't know how exactly they're taking it.

Rest of the stuff I don't think I care about, but I'm looking forward to hearing about PC ports of console games, mostly.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

The cyberpunk reveal is pretty much the only thing I'm "hyped" for, and I'm not that hyped cause it's like a late 2019 release anyway, and I doubt we'll see any gameplay, so we still won't know how exactly they're taking it.

Rest of the stuff I don't think I care about, but I'm looking forward to hearing about PC ports of console games, mostly.

Didn't they say they were going balls out with marketing starting during E3? I thought it was coming out sooner than that as well.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Spiderman stuff, more KH3, more RDR2, and hopefully a look (finally) at the Starfield game Bethesda seems to have been working on for 10 years

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Cyperpunk is only hyped game. Really hoping that CD Project Red isn't just showing that game under the invite only press event. Now also curious about Fallout 76. Given up on new Elder Scrolls game.

Other than that, I hope to see
- Release date for Code Vein
- News of a full expansion pack for Monster Hunter World in combination with the PC release.
- Info on Shadows Die Twice from From Software, which is now rumored to be Kuon 2? Open world survival horror game.
- Gameplay from Death Stranding
- Final Fantasy 7 remake info? Anything at all?

Not happening until next year I guess, but Playstation 5 would be cool. Too close to the pro though, and was supposed to be a 10 year cycle. Also read an article on the PS5 where they "debunked" the PS5 rumor simply because there is a shortage of GPUs which would make it impossible to mass produce until 2019 at the earliest.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Will be laughing at the following:

1) New Fallout which I would guess is a rebranded game that was cancelled out of Austin which will have nothing to do with Fallout except for name. (Hope I am wrong).
2) Anything EA announces.
3) Nintendo fans going ape over Fallout 3 being released on the switch when it's been played for over a decade.
4) Rage 2
5) Watching anyone caring or getting excited for Anthem at all.
6) Microsoft's canned and paid for applause and screaming in the audience. I think they have used the same set up women for the last 3 years now.
7) Ubisoft's entire presentation of soon to be downgraded visuals, and how bad Beyond Good and Evil 2 will be.

Things I am looking forward too:

1) Red Dead Redemption 2 information.
2) Metroid Renegade information
3) Last of us 2
4) 2077
5) Believe it or not, DLC for Far Cry 5 so I know that goes against 7 up there in the first section :)
6) More info on Death Stranding

• 1Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm waiting for Starfield. That's gotta go down as the closest held game to vest in recent history. And Anthem, but jeezus. If Casey Hudson comes on stage in a dress tossing flowers and shit everywhere, I'm out.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm predicting the following:

Ghost of Tsushima gameplay (I believe this is already confirmed, but whatever)
First look at the Avengers game being made by Crystal Dynamics
First look at Cyberpunk from CDPR
Nintendo's thing will be 75% Smash
Bethesda shows off one of their new IPs
Entirely too many Battle Royale games (mostly at the PC Gaming event)
A fair chance of something from either Rocksteady or WB Montreal (i.e.: I'm expecting to see something based on a DC property)
Devil May Cry 5
Anthem will continue to look like another unfortunate Destiny-esque Shoot n' Loot
First look at Shadows Die Twice from Fromsoft

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Tbh I just want Mount and Blade 2. Pretty sure the mom&pop devs don't do E3 though

I'd be more excited for RDR2 if i knew we were getting a PC release

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Tbh I just want Mount and Blade 2. Pretty sure the mom&pop devs don't do E3 though

I'd be more excited for RDR2 if i knew we were getting a PC release
I think they've confirmed that MnB2 won't be at E3 this year.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Besides the big things that have already been covered, I'd like a new Advance Wars game for 3ds/Switch.

Would be a nice break from Intelligent Systems pumping out Fire Emblem games (even if I like playing them).