E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Doubt it, they're the ones making the new RAGE game.

Avalanche is 3 studios, the screenshot is mine, would be surprised if somehow they posted a fake ad. Was just premature is all.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Anything with MMO-features, sandbox, early-acces, SJW, RMT, is an instant no-buy for me.

It is remarkable how the video games industry seems to get more dumb over time, while pretty much every industry matures and innovates based on demand, these guys keep shoveling more and more shit towards consumers.

Fortunately they are sure to keep selling to one audience, the people making the reviews;

“Dawn of War III successfully takes the best elements from the previous two games and blends them with traditional RTS mechanics to create a game with deep strategic gameplay.”
9/10 – Hardcore Gamer

“the game Warhammer 40k fans have been waiting for”
9/10 – Gamereactor

“An excellent RTS experience”
4/5 – Empire Online

Meanwhile in reality:

RECENT REVIEWS:
Mostly Negative (132)
ALL REVIEWS:
Mixed (7,125)

A few years ago I considered that I no longer appreciated MMO's and games as much, because I had played similar games before. These days I understand that despite technological advancements, most sequels are inferior to their predecessors.

Mount and blade II was announced in 2012. That puts it in the same league as Daikatana, Star Citizen and Duke-Nukem forever. If it needs mods like M&B did, it might be playable in 2022, provided it doesn't straight up fail.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
some videos to watch for a theme on live.playstation.com

its gonna be a weird E3 I don't expect any new hardware announcements and not much really in the way of any new surprise games

spronk

FPS noob
EA play kicks off E3 today, 11am PST / 2pm EST conference or via various twitch, etc rehosts. I usually rewatch the giant bomb panels in the evening its the highlight of E3 for me

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I won’t be back home until tomorrow. Can’t wait to read the updates on anthem.

(Haha not)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
EA should be a train wreck, but a fun one at least. Can't wait to mong out this weekend and watch all the conferences and the dorito pope between them.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I'm such a jaded bastard I need my snark in real-time, so it's the Giant Bomb live streams for me.

As spronk said, their Late Night Talk Show streams can be one of the high points of the year, depending on what collection of games luminaries and insane press people they have in a given hour. (As always, RIP Ryan Davis.)

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
E3 has turned into an anouncement of all the new games you 100% should not pre order and probably never think about ever buying.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So what you're saying is that I should build a new top of the line gaming PC for Anthem.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
some videos to watch for a theme on live.playstation.com

its gonna be a weird E3 I don't expect any new hardware announcements and not much really in the way of any new surprise games

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a software rich E3. Nearly ever game announced 2 years ago and shown off a year ago is out by now. We're in the cycle for new game announcements this year.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
10 minutes out. Almost time to watch Anthem continue to feel like a missed opportunity, to watch an entirely too long EA Sports segment, complete with random athlete brought out to awkwardly banter with presenters, and to watch them *desperately* try to walk back the whole loot box fiasco.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Exactly one game into E3, and we've already got "no lootboxes, we promise!" and Battle Royale. Isn't predictability fun?

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
sweet I really enjoyed 30 seconds of BF information before i'm buttfucked strait into fifa.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
battle royale fifa would just be everyone crawling around on the ground pretending to be wounded

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 4 users