E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
EA conference was horrible. Anthem looked nice, but unsure of how "open" it is. Also want to see the skill\gear system. Is it simplified like Destiny with just a few skills you chose between? So every person of a class will have close to the same spec since there are "best" skills. Or more choice. Also curious about the loot drops and how they are incorporated into your suit and how easy they are to switch. Loadouts that are locked until you go to a base, or if you can swap on the fly.

Nothing else really interesting.

The Command and Conquer was downright offensive to my childhood. I loved those games and Red Alert.

Was watching ItmeJPs Dropped Frames stream of it and they made a good point. Imagine if they showed the CGI trailer first. "OMG a new C&C game! Rebooting the franchise!?" followed by ... that atrocity they have made.

That moment removed any positive points Anthem might have added to the conference. Score = 1/10

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
EA conference was horrible. Anthem looked nice, but unsure of how "open" it is. Also want to see the skill\gear system. Is it simplified like Destiny with just a few skills you chose between? So every person of a class will have close to the same spec since there are "best" skills. Or more choice. Also curious about the loot drops and how they are incorporated into your suit and how easy they are to switch. Loadouts that are locked until you go to a base, or if you can swap on the fly.

Nothing else really interesting.

The Command and Conquer was downright offensive to my childhood. I loved those games and Red Alert.

Was watching ItmeJPs Dropped Frames stream of it and they made a good point. Imagine if they showed the CGI trailer first. "OMG a new C&C game! Rebooting the franchise!?" followed by ... that atrocity they have made.

That moment removed any positive points Anthem might have added to the conference. Score = 1/10

these conferences are essentially parody now. I watch them for the same reason I watch silicon valley and veep.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
That anthem "reveal" had to be one of the saddest and weirdest first big events for a game that is supposed to come out in under 8 months. Literally every competitor its ever had has been in open beta near this close to release, and Anthem is showing fucking... CONCEPT ART? Jesus Christ. The stuff near the end looked ok and hopefully people are playing the demo game at EA Live but showing concept art now is just insane. I think 3 big games are coming out on the same day too, Crackdown 3, Anthem, and Days Gone.

The $100 EA Premiere Origin Plus Gold Whatever pass is sorta interesting, like you could pay that for a year, play Anthem and Battlefield 5 and whatever for a few months and hold up on annual renewal until the next round of games come around. Not sure though it will be worth it at all on PC though, since Origin games tend to go 50% discount within 9 months or so.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, for Command Conquer I was really hoping that was a signal they were putting resources back into the franchise, backstopped by a teaser of a new PC RTS. I'd even settle for console/PC a la Halo Wars or something. Ideally it would be at a scale similar to Supreme Commander though.

It being EA and the current gaming climate, it'd be closer to Starcraft and be e-sports focused. Blah.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
God damnit I was hoping for Dragon Age 4- Signals of Virtue.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait so are they or are they not trying to reanimate the dismembered zombie that is Command and Conquer?

spronk

FPS noob
XBox's conference is tomorrow 1pm PDT / 4pm EDT and Spencer says they are gonna announce 15 games. Its probably Halo 6 - 20.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
By Feb. 2019 Anthem is going to be outdated-on-arrival. That game-play looked old. It better have an amazing as shit story-line.

Oh it will. It'll have Stephan (she used to be Stephen) but now he feels much more natural.

• 1Worf

Mick

<Gold Donor>
My guess is Microsoft main pitch tomorrow will be Play Anywhere and One X upgraded games.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I really hope Microsoft has a knockout E3 just because having Sony sitting on top all gen is as boring as fuck.

You have Nintendo doing its own thing and doing well, Sony dominating the traditional console market and PC being PC.

Microsoft need to push Sony to do better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Are we finally going to get a Crackdown 3 release date tomorrow?
All we know is a loose February right now which sucks. I'd love that to be play anywhere.

In fact we need some knockout play anywhere titles. I'd love to see the next Halo have it tbh.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
So many cynical, salty fucks in this thread. Not a criticism.

Carry on!

• 1Salty

Argarth

On the verandah
I'm actually a pretty soft critic when it comes to E3 because it's fun to watch

Oh yeah, makes me chuckle. Thread title is on point.

However, if anyone pre-orders Anthem after what went down with ME: Andromeda... I think we're fucked.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah, makes me chuckle. Thread title is on point.

However, if anyone pre-orders Anthem after what went down with ME: Andromeda... I think we're fucked.

I can't wait for the $300 resin statue version personally. I really hope i can have an LGBT cosmetic for my mech suit