E3 2019

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Being partnered with Marvel seems like they would of been able to use the likenesses.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That was the most obvious thing.
Just like the Twelve, Gods are really just strong primals with a lot of believers, they've been really driving that point over and over with each primal story where even few people fervently believing enough can lead to primals, even if the Gods didn't even exist at all.
That said that trailer was filled with spoilers, not gonna rewatch it again so I don't notice too much stuff before the game releases. I guess it was interesting that they have the voice old guy from the intro mentionning specifically we're a Dark Knight, since obviously not everyone's a Dark Knight. Wonder if they'll have a story thing about that.

Yeah I'm definitely not going to rewatch it. although it has me hyped for the release, they keep saying this one is bigger than a normal expansion and basically a whole new stand alone game with the amount of content. We'll see, but I'm really interested to see where they go with it. You're right they've been telegraphing that reveal for awhile, but to actually get more lore on it would be nice, as a lot of that "upper tier" part of the MSQ has had odd pacing throughout where we get bits here or there, then nothing for long periods.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
thinking on it more, if they used the likeness it would suck without there actual voices to go along with it

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The likenesses don't matter that have decades of comics to go off, the models look fugly though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Eh, facial models can always be touched up; look at every Netherrealm game, ever. What they're showing and saying looks good. New heroes being added for free is a nice touch.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Eh, facial models can always be touched up; look at every Netherrealm game, ever. What they're showing and saying looks good. New heroes being added for free is a nice touch.
Just like Ma'amdromeda eh?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wonder if Spider-Man will be added at some point, as part of the PS4 exclusive content stuff.

I'm looking forward to the narrative game, but proclaming there's 'no pay to win~!111!' when there's.... nothing to win? is strange.

We'll see in 11 months I suppose.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I like how these retards say gameplay like twice and then just show a cutscene twice

??????

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'm definitely not going to rewatch it. although it has me hyped for the release, they keep saying this one is bigger than a normal expansion and basically a whole new stand alone game with the amount of content. We'll see, but I'm really interested to see where they go with it. You're right they've been telegraphing that reveal for awhile, but to actually get more lore on it would be nice, as a lot of that "upper tier" part of the MSQ has had odd pacing throughout where we get bits here or there, then nothing for long periods.
I think that's some PR bullshit, and technically, every expansion has been. It's like 20hours just to do the MSQ, then easily 5hours to do primals, raids and all the job quests and all other kinda content, and it doesn't even count the time to level the classes or to do all the filler sidequests. Which, for the most part, adds up to a full scale JRPG depending on how you count, but not really. I'll be surprised if it's longer than usual, I feel the past expansion clear time was just fine.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
That was the most obvious thing.
Just like the Twelve, Gods are really just strong primals with a lot of believers, they've been really driving that point over and over with each primal story where even few people fervently believing enough can lead to primals, even if the Gods didn't even exist at all.
That said that trailer was filled with spoilers, not gonna rewatch it again so I don't notice too much stuff before the game releases. I guess it was interesting that they have the voice old guy from the intro mentionning specifically we're a Dark Knight, since obviously not everyone's a Dark Knight. Wonder if they'll have a story thing about that.

Yeah I'm wondering if that scene will be job sensitive, as in it'll say something for everyone, and then something different for DRKs. They did similar things (albeit only written text) in SB.

But more likely, it's just a response to us saying we're a warrior of darkness or something.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
It's an all new story which obviously isn't in the MCU. The characters don't always look the same in the different universes either with different art styles, so we can just treat it as such. It was jarring to not see the actors faces there, just have to get use to it.
5 Characters shown but I believe they mentioned more will be coming with no additional charge, they made that point with no loot boxes.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Square Enix had the best conference so far.

And that is a sad state of affairs.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think that's some PR bullshit, and technically, every expansion has been. It's like 20hours just to do the MSQ, then easily 5hours to do primals, raids and all the job quests and all other kinda content, and it doesn't even count the time to level the classes or to do all the filler sidequests. Which, for the most part, adds up to a full scale JRPG depending on how you count, but not really. I'll be surprised if it's longer than usual, I feel the past expansion clear time was just fine.

The only reason I'm thinking it's possible is we aren't just adding some new area/continent to Eorzea. It's an entirely new world to us. We'll see though.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
What a barren ass E3.

I'd like to think that's a good thing, and core developers are busy working on next gen games. But...
1) It's unclear how many of those will really be crossgen (e.g. Halo Infinite).
2) We've been down this road before. Remember when the end of last gen was barren as hell (2012 had Starhawk, Twisted Metal, and Playstation Allstars as the only Sony exclusives, and 360 wasn't much better)... only to have 2014 consist of Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition, base Destiny, and South Park Stick of Truth (All Multiplatforms, and only the last has really held up in hindsight).

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Wonder if Spider-Man will be added at some point, as part of the PS4 exclusive content stuff.

I'm looking forward to the narrative game, but proclaming there's 'no pay to win~!111!' when there's.... nothing to win? is strange.

It sounded like the game plans to have lots of content updates, with both heroes and locations to fight in. And it will be free. This would lead me to believe there are going to be cosmetics and other shit added in, so the no loot boxes seemed to me to indicate earning or being given everything, instead of having to buy.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

All they need are alternate costumes for the heroes... that will make bank.