EA will now publish Star Wars Games.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
. . .

http://starwars.com/news/electronic-...rs-gaming.html

ELECTRONIC ARTS SELECTED FOR MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT FOR THE FUTURE OF STAR WARS GAMING
May 06, 2013
Today it was announced that Lucasfilm Ltd. and Disney Interactive are entering into a multi-year, multi-title exclusive licensing agreement with Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) for the creation of new high quality Star Wars games spanning multiple genres for console, PC, mobile, and tablets.

Industry leaders and creators of best-in-class blockbuster games, the development and publishing teams at EA will collaborate with the creative teams at Lucasfilm to provide audiences with all-new gaming experiences set in the ever-expanding Star Wars galaxy. As part of the agreement, EA studio teams DICE (Battlefield series) and Visceral (Dead Space series) will join BioWare (Mass Effect series, Star Wars: The Old Republic) in the development of new Star Wars games.

"Our number one objective was to find a developer who could consistently deliver our fans great Star Wars games for years to come," said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. "When we looked at the talent of the teams that EA was committing to our games and the quality of their vision for Star Wars, the choice was clear."

While EA studios will develop for the core Star Wars gaming audience, Disney Interactive will focus on delivering new Star Wars games for casual audiences on mobile, social, tablet, and online gaming platforms.

"This agreement demonstrates our commitment to creating quality game experiences that drive the popularity of the Star Wars franchise for years to come," said John Pleasants, co-president of Disney Interactive. "Collaborating with one of the world's premier game developers will allow us to bring an amazing portfolio of new Star Wars titles to fans around the world."

"Every developer dreams of creating games for the Star Wars universe," said EA Labels President Frank Gibeau. "Three of our top studios will fulfill that dream, crafting epic adventures for Star Wars fans. The new experiences we create may borrow from films, but the games will be entirely original with all new stories and gameplay."

More information, including titles in development, will be announced in the coming months. Continue to check StarWars.com for updates on the future of Star Wars gaming.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure this is really that big of a deal since Star Wars games have largely been dogshit for years anyways.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I would say this definitely ensures a lot of content will be coming... and that most of it will suck ass.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
On the bright side, it was Bioware that made KotOR. Shame there won't ever be something like Jedi Outcast/Academy ever again, they would stuff it with QTEs now.

Also I presume Disney will exercise some basic control so complete turds won't get released.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
On the bright side, it was Bioware that made KotOR.
Don't get me wrong, KOTOR was a great game for its time, but it was mostly just a reskinned NWN. A new KOTOR style game by the Bioware of today would probably be an even bigger trainwreck than DA2.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Don't get me wrong, KOTOR was a great game for its time, but it was mostly just a reskinned NWN. A new KOTOR style game by the Bioware of today would probably be an even bigger trainwreck than DA2.
This. I'll never understand the people who hold KotOR to such high praise. It was pretty good for its time, but it really isn't anything even close to the level of a game like Planescape or Baldur's Gate II. Hell, had they been able to do the ending they wanted, even KotOR 2 is better than the first.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
This. I'll never understand the people who hold KotOR to such high praise. It was pretty good for its time, but it really isn't anything even close to the level of a game like Planescape or Baldur's Gate II. Hell, had they been able to do the ending they wanted, even KotOR 2 is better than the first.
My opinion is the exact opposite. Baldur's Gate and Planescape are both inferior to KotOR and you're silly for believing otherwise. Also, KotOR 1 is > KotOR 2.

SO THERE.

nuh_uh_naruto_by_kakashiwontdie.jpg

nuh_uh_naruto_by_kakashiwontdie.jpg

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Thats too bad but not surprising. I was hoping that Disney would keep it in house. Although Disney can be a real big dick about their "hired help" not damaging the image of the mouse, might lead to amusing Disney vs. EA action.

Also KotOR 2 > KotOR 1

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bioware got fucked out of being able to complete work on both KOTR games by Lucasarts pushing the schedule on them. Of course, I do not expect EA to be any better in that regard. I expect Call of Duty Wookie Warfare and a slew of sequels with mandatory online multiplayer to be the ultimate result of this deal.

And for the record, Disney did good business with its own IPs through Square with the Kingdom Hearts games.

PS KOTR2 > KOTR 1 right up until the ending, which is worse than anything ME3 whiners had to dream of dealing with.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well I'm excited. I mean whom better than EA to realize the potential of this franchise. Just like the brilliant work they did with Ultima...err, I mean Wing Commander, I mean Dragon Age, no I mean Sim City, uh wait maybe TOR, ok how about Dead Space, not that one either...uh ok how about NBA Live (oh they cancelled that again?), ok well you have to be impressed with the ending of Mass Effect 3!

Cybsled

New Battlefront on Frostbite 3? Could be fun. Get it done, DICE.
That would be pretty badass, esp if they included space battles. Have multiple players manning multiple station spaceships/cruisers/etc + somehow figure out how to make 128 player servers = most epic Star Wars game ever.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
*shrugs*it's not like Lucasarts' record was particularly stellar. Who knows, the games might actually get a little bit better.