Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I cheated a little bit and Youtubed how to get the Sword of Night and Flame. Thing kicks ass! Like having a flame thrower. Really great weapon for multiple baddies coming at you. Still enjoying the game, still haven't even killed the first boss yet. Don't really care, having too much fun just exploring the map, and finding new areas, and new messes to get myself out of!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This meme killed me lol. Quests in Souls games!

1646646922293.png

• 10Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 13 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is it fair to say that Elden Ring is a combination of Dark Souls, Breath of the Wild (overworld design), and Ghost of Tsushima (art direction and visual flair)?

I've never played the third one, really should.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So wanted to give this a try to make sure I was still a boomer and bad at games, and to make sure that I still don't understand why people love these games. The fact that this one is a more open-world game is a good thing, so I'm not all negative.

So right out the gate, you run into this Tree Sentinel, and due to the open-world nature of the game, there's some that might catch on that you should go explore, level up, get gear, etc before just slamming your dick against this guy over and over. And sure, depending on your starting "class" this dude is going to be easier or harder for some. I hope you all loved it so much. But to put a dude like that right out the gate is just a shout-out to all you Souls lovers that are like YESSS my dick is still getting slammed with a hammer. FUCK YEA!! and to someone like me who isn't a Soulsbourne lover questioning wtf was the point?

C'est la vie.
I’m not a Souls apologist or anything, I don’t even recommend them to people due to how difficult they are. But whining that there is an overworld boss near the entry point of a completely open, do whatever you want, open world game is retarded. Did you just keep on trying to solo a sand giant in oasis when you went there at level 7? No, you took your raping then fucking avoided them until you leveled up later, came back for revenge at high level…unless you have brain damage.

• 7Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I’m wondering how Fromsoft is going to top this game. They set a standard that will be hard to beat and every game they make from now on will probably be compared to Elden Ring.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I like the one you get from the elk, the minotaur looking dude with the massive bow.

I didn't really try out too many of the ashes, sadly. Basically just went from alternating between 3 wolves and jellyfish as needed, to Mimic All Day, and pretty much missed everything in-between.

The mimic reminds me of the orange copy ability in Ninja Gaiden 2 on the NES

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So wanted to give this a try to make sure I was still a boomer and bad at games, and to make sure that I still don't understand why people love these games. The fact that this one is a more open-world game is a good thing, so I'm not all negative.

So right out the gate, you run into this Tree Sentinel, and due to the open-world nature of the game, there's some that might catch on that you should go explore, level up, get gear, etc before just slamming your dick against this guy over and over. And sure, depending on your starting "class" this dude is going to be easier or harder for some. I hope you all loved it so much. But to put a dude like that right out the gate is just a shout-out to all you Souls lovers that are like YESSS my dick is still getting slammed with a hammer. FUCK YEA!! and to someone like me who isn't a Soulsbourne lover questioning wtf was the point?

C'est la vie.
git gud fgt

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't really try out too many of the ashes, sadly. Basically just went from alternating between 3 wolves and jellyfish as needed, to Mimic All Day, and pretty much missed everything in-between.

The mimic reminds me of the orange copy ability in Ninja Gaiden 2 on the NES
I’ve tried them all just to see what they do, they’re kind of situational when you’re lower level / not good at the game. The Minotaur looking dude is one of the snipers from the first underground area. I like him cause he shoots giant glowing arrows, so sometimes it helps me find mobs I’m not seeing.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just had my first real rage moment - died to I don’t even know what after the Renella fight and lost all the runes I was carrying as well as the 40k I was supposed to get from her. The icon appears on my map but no way to get back to the “arena” where the second phase of the fight was. Time to go do something else this afternoon!

Weird, the same exact thing happened to me, died the exact moment Moon Renalla did and wasn't able to get any of the souls back. That was when I found out that dying the same time as a boss still counts as a boss kill. It never happened any other time. Crazy. Wonder why it's that fight in particular where this is happening.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m wondering how Fromsoft is going to top this game. They set a standard that will be hard to beat and every game they make from now on will probably be compared to Elden Ring.
Imagine is their armored core is half as good as this game...

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think meta is 150 but I'm not doing meth and fight club pvping 20 hours a day. God bless those brave men.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Souls games are usually like that with them being super easy for a lot of the second playthrough. Everything's just 30% or whatever harder while you're 5x stronger than when you went through that part the the first time

Yeah, agreed, except for Bloodborne if it counts. I feel like Bloodborne's NG+ is REALLY HARD compared to other Souls games where I usually breeze through them.

For ashes you get this duo puppets that wreck if you don’t like the mimic I recommend them.

also curious if anyone has gotten to that large gael area where you have to light the three torches on the rooftop. There is two dudes that are complete bullshit, worse then any boss.

there are invisible assassins that grab and stab you for like 1200 health, they stay invis unless you hit them. They will even chain grab you...

That gaol with the torches is the most bullshit area in all of Elden Ring. Invisible assassins that no-sell your attacks and jump on you anyway, then on the rooftops you have archers that fire arrows like a machine gun. It reminded me of that one part of Anor Londo with the archers where you have to run up the ramparts. Just this one several-second part of the game that is worse than everything else in the game.

I found that Radahn's giant arrows knocked the archers clear off the roof, and fired a few of those from a greatbow. Was absolutely not able to get past them any other way after numerous tries. They snipe you from massive distances with pinpoint accuracy and faster than you can rush them. It was Shrine of Amana level bullshit.

Sounds like this is the path to the "bad" ending but I dont' even care anymore. If I do another playthrough I think i'll spoil the entirety of it and carefully do the quests in the precise order that the From requires. The game is at least a 9/10 for me but there are elements that are extremely annoying story-wise, like finding an NPC i've never met and my character knew to give it a whole set of armor I previously found with zero supporting dialogue. Iiterally find NPC sitting against wall, walk up, press talk, only option is to give armor. Da hell you doing From? how could my character possibly know to give it specific armor, or any armor at all? And then what do I get from it? Absolutely nothing that I can tell, but I'm sure it advances some esoteric quest that I'll find out about as I read spoiler sites later.

Yeah, I'll do the "bad" ending stuff on my eventual NG+. I was able to get the other two ending trophies set up in NG (haven't actually gotten to the end yet though). Just need to (mild spoiler) do Renna's quest and then reload the final boss and summon her, I think?

Was under the impression that you have to play through 3x to get the platinum so this works. Two very in-depth runs is usually what I give Souls games so that they don't wear out their welcome. The third playthrough of Souls 1 to get the plat there always felt like a bit much to do in a row.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sounds like this is the path to the "bad" ending but I dont' even care anymore. If I do another playthrough I think i'll spoil the entirety of it and carefully do the quests in the precise order that the From requires. The game is at least a 9/10 for me but there are elements that are extremely annoying story-wise, like finding an NPC i've never met and my character knew to give it a whole set of armor I previously found with zero supporting dialogue. Iiterally find NPC sitting against wall, walk up, press talk, only option is to give armor. Da hell you doing From? how could my character possibly know to give it specific armor, or any armor at all? And then what do I get from it? Absolutely nothing that I can tell, but I'm sure it advances some esoteric quest that I'll find out about as I read spoiler sites later.
Giving the armor is an optional part of the same quest line that got you the armor to begin with. There are some hints that you can get to point you toward him and explains a small bit who he is, but getting that information isn’t a direct part of the quest and can easily be missed/skipped. Which like you said makes it make no sense as to why your character walks up to a random npc and gives them a random set of armor.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Good lord the multiplayer is needlessly obtuse. What's fun, however, is watching my friend the self-proclaimed souls god get his ass owned repeatedly by trivial bosses and declaring the area is too hard for us.

Him: "This area is just too hard for us"​
Me: "What are your stats at? What are you raising?"​
Him: "I just raised my strength a couple points so I can maybe hit harder"​
Me (noticing he is using a weapon that doesn't even scale with strength) : "Mmmhmmm"​

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Had a REALLY weird thing happen in Roundtable Hold:

Warped back there at some point in the endgame and the place was trashed, there were no NPCs, and an NPC invader immediately jumped me. After getting bashed around a bit because I was so caught off guard, I recovered and dispatched it in a few hits. That was it, no other invaders, nothing. The area reloaded and was un-trashed and all the NPCs were back.

Dafuq was that??

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had a REALLY weird thing happen in Roundtable Hold:

Warped back there at some point in the endgame and the place was trashed, there were no NPCs, and an NPC invader immediately jumped me. After getting bashed around a bit because I was so caught off guard, I recovered and dispatched it in a few hits. That was it, no other invaders, nothing. The area reloaded and was un-trashed and all the NPCs were back.

Dafuq was that??