Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm considering switching to a caster build soon now that I've got everything unlocked and a ton of spells to try out.

What's the best staff to use at this lategame point, Carian Regal? Not Meteorite? Is it worth upgrading Meteorite? I have Meteorite but not CR. Haven't upgraded any spell catalysts yet, but I could instantly max one out. Come to think of it, I'd need to have one for sorcery and one for faith stuff. I might have enough slabs to max both of those plus Melania's katana, think I have 3 of them, but I gotta choose wisely. Also have a regular slab to max out the Godskin twinblade. Left the River of Blood at +9.
At 60 int Carian Regal +10 is 287 which is 40+ points ahead of Meteorite. So use that if you can take it to at least +7 otherwise stick with Meteorite (which cannot be upgraded at all).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220307_102910.jpg

Damn, that's a solid look. Right after this she/he started getting naked, and I was a little concerned, but then...

20220307_102925.jpg

20220307_102933.jpg

20220307_102919.jpg

They changed into an even hotter look. Dayyyyym. Anyone know what either of these outfits are called? Especially the second one.

Burns

I'm considering switching to a caster build soon now that I've got everything unlocked and a ton of spells to try out.

What's the best staff to use at this lategame point, Carian Regal? Not Meteorite? Is it worth upgrading Meteorite? I have Meteorite but not CR. Haven't upgraded any spell catalysts yet, but I could instantly max one out. Come to think of it, I'd need to have one for sorcery and one for faith stuff. I might have enough slabs to max both of those plus Melania's katana, think I have 3 of them, but I gotta choose wisely. Also have a regular slab to max out the Godskin twinblade. Left the River of Blood at +9.

Carian Regal Scepter is supposed to be the best staff, for raw power when leveled to 10 (I've read). I recently leveled up the crystal staff to 7 and it just surpassed the Meteorite staff (with that upgrade). There are staffs that increase the mana costs for some small benefit, that scale well too, but don't seem to be worth it.

Sorcery builds are mainly just spamming quick glintstone shard, over and over. Maybe step up to one of the two cloud spells, if there are more than 3 trash mobs, or a slow boss. (almost all the spells are worthless because they will drain mana way too fast).

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm going fire sorc on this alt which could become the new main. There's gonna be some incantations in it.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm done with Elden Ring, the cloudtop of the giants area is making me not want to play anymore. Giant hand falls on me, perma-stuns me as it kills me. I run up to one of those marionette guys, one permastuns me as another goes ballistic paper cutting me to death. I enter Spiritcaller cave, I see wolves and a snail, I press buttons to switch weapons but can't, they murder me because there were so many blood splats and messages on in that little corridor that I couldn't do anything because From decided that those things take precedence over weapon inputs. Then I died a few more times due to my own stupidity and I just really hate this area. Nothing makes me hate games more than getting permastunned and this area seems to be full of it.

I'm not really done but I wanted to complain. Thanks for listening, lucy, here's your 5c.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
So it's fun that you just skirt around the game only doing content that's "easy" or you're over-powered for? How is that a fun game?

Level scaling killed fun in 1972. That's why people like souls games. Rpg basic elements aka [make your character more powerful] shine again with this non-scaling choice.
Or you can also spend 15 hours trying to kill [this boss] naked with no summon and a dagger.
I also can't deny that some boss looks a bit overtuned right now.

OR you don't buy that game and play low blood openworld like horizon forbidden fun.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think I'm done with Elden Ring, the cloudtop of the giants area is making me not want to play anymore. Giant hand falls on me, perma-stuns me as it kills me. I run up to one of those marionette guys, one permastuns me as another goes ballistic paper cutting me to death. I enter Spiritcaller cave, I see wolves and a snail, I press buttons to switch weapons but can't, they murder me because there were so many blood splats and messages on in that little corridor that I couldn't do anything because From decided that those things take precedence over weapon inputs. Then I died a few more times due to my own stupidity and I just really hate this area. Nothing makes me hate games more than getting permastunned and this area seems to be full of it.

I'm not really done but I wanted to complain. Thanks for listening, lucy, here's your 5c.

If you don't like that, you'd really hate the eclipse shotel/flames of sin pvp bug.

Which, if I may put my elf lawyer hat on, it's against their TOS for abusing unintentional mechanics. But I ain't mad. Or using it. Yet.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Had a REALLY weird thing happen in Roundtable Hold:

Warped back there at some point in the endgame and the place was trashed, there were no NPCs, and an NPC invader immediately jumped me. After getting bashed around a bit because I was so caught off guard, I recovered and dispatched it in a few hits. That was it, no other invaders, nothing. The area reloaded and was un-trashed and all the NPCs were back.

Dafuq was that??
That's from picking up half of one of the amulets, i forget which one. Reload the roundtable hold after killing that guy and it'll be back to normal and you'll find a nice set of armor where that guy was standing.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Also i heard they once again, pissed on invaders rotting corpse. So you can't be invaded if you not in co-op...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I'm about 25 hours in and this is turning into my favorite game of all time. I don't even know how From is going to top this, but they probably will at some point...

• 12Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
So I'm about 25 hours in and this is turning into my favorite game of all time. I don't even know how From is going to top this, but they probably will at some point...
I wonder if they can do a "Demon Souls 2" type game without the massive open world but more focused on dense feature and world. And stunning graphics like the remake.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Same. What’s fucking wild is 25 hours in and you have only seen like 1/4 - 1/3 of the game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They will likely work on alternate Soulsborne type games while working on another Elden Ring type game over an extended period.

Honestly, I'd like to see them tackle a sci-fi type of Souls game. The environments they do are already tremendous.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They will likely work on alternate Soulsborne type games while working on another Elden Ring type game over an extended period.

Honestly, I'd like to see them tackle a sci-fi type of Souls game. The environments they do are already tremendous.
I’d like to see Bloodborne 2, then elden ring 2 on modern hardware, without handicapping the graphics for the old consoles.

I’d love to see them do a new Armored Core. Would like to see what their talent could do with that game today, with online play being what it is now. Would be interesting to see them do something in a completely different genre.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Level scaling killed fun in 1972. That's why people like souls games. Rpg basic elements aka [make your character more powerful] shine again with this non-scaling choice.
Or you can also spend 15 hours trying to kill [this boss] naked with no summon and a dagger.
I also can't deny that some boss looks a bit overtuned right now.

OR you don't buy that game and play low blood openworld like horizon forbidden fun.

Is that why so many people were disappointed in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion? I always felt like Oblivion was pretty rad, but I remember a lot of Morrowind purists felt let down. Morrowind was more like the Elden Ring of its time, with plenty of out-of-your-league enemies around. Oblivion scaled everything to the player's level so it was more accomodating, but it may have lost a lot in the process. I'm the person who never played Skyrim so IDK how the series is now.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Finally beat Rhadan after getting gud. That was a pretty tough fight for me (pure melee). The spamming summons strategy wasn't helping me much. The damage output was just too low and I ended up using summons a bit during the mid-point of the fight only. The final cadence was pretty epic. Hid behind some dunes to power up my sword then had a heated 30 second or so exchange to yolo solo his ass. Was pretty intense. High on that victory I went on to stomp the Draconic Tree Knight and continue my progress. Loving everything about the game and still discovering new adventures to go on.

My only complaint is that the respec system is dumb. Having to find the limited items to do it is silly when you have to spend all your points at once and can't equip stuff during the process to min/max endurance. It makes tweaking hard. I decided to look up where those items are at since they are quite silly also beyond the obvious few you find on your journeys. Still probably top 5 game of all time for me. I look forward to trying out some cool new weapons once I find wherever the fuck the next upgrade Ball Bearings are at.

P.S. For me, next, #1 hope of all time: Open World Demon's Souls Game; #2 Bloodborne Next. But more or less I don't really care. It is clear that From has a generational plan now that they have proven without a doubt that they can make an amazing open world soulsbourne experience. I also hope their open world design will start influencing other games to be less cookie cutter and boring in the open world (Every Ubisoft Game of the last 5-7 years).

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Going to add lock on/autoface being on the same keybind is also fucking retarded. From needs to get their heads out of their asses and come up with better control schemes.