Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've never heard of the black knife build. What offhand / talismans / incantations did you use with it?

Did you try the hoarfrost build? It's pretty stupid.
That's why it's nuts, you don't really need anything other than Carian Crest (FP reduction) and Shard of Alexander. I used the Radagon deal and then the basic Stam increase talisman and shredded a few end game bosses at 40 Faith and 60 Dex

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone got any good farm spots?

I'm lv60 and the best one I have are the 1k rune guys outside the Beast Sanctum in Northern Caelid.

All the better ones on google are locked behind Radahn or Omen King which is where I am up to and what I would like some more levels for.

I've unlocked the capital and Volcano Manor but don't want to mess around in the capital too much as I've heard it progresses the story and can break quests.
Boulder is a good farm early on, definitely faster than the little guys outside beast church. Best by far is to just do Varre's quest and get to Mohgwyn palace to cheese the bird or clear the pack of mobs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Boulder is a good farm early on, definitely faster than the little guys outside beast church. Best by far is to just do Varre's quest and get to Mohgwyn palace to cheese the bird or clear the pack of mobs.
I never even knew about the bird, but using Starscourge GS or whatever and just deleting those two packs in a bout 8 seconds was almost 50k a run and was netting like 30+ levels an hour. Felt bad after half an hour as those little aliens dindu nuffin'

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
After almost 200 lvls and 100+ hours I'd say this - this is easily FROM's best ever game which means it's my favorite game of all time....

This game is carried a bit by the absolutely unbelievable world they built, shear size and diversity, build diversity, exploration and mini dungeons etc. The bosses are good, some are 10/10 but in general I thought they weren't FROM's best and for the first time ever in a FROM game I was having more fun exploring the glorious overworld, solving puzzles etc than I was dungeon crawling towards EPIC BOSS 17* which I never thought I'd say.
Something incredible ahead, but first off try horseback battle.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I can totally agree with some of the repetition in terms of bosses / enemy variety / movesets, but the sheer size and enjoyment I get just from the exploration aspect makes this game above the other titles...

If they continue to flesh out ERs formula I can't even begin to think what the next open-world game will be like. It definitely seems From listens to comments and takes them into consideration, at the same time remaining true to their vision. I sincerely hope they keep progressing the genre and don't pull a Blizzard or Projekt Red.

Assuming they continue the underpromising and over delivering I think it's safe to say the future is going to be insane. Imagine an open world-ish Bloodborne, that would be perfection!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know how to stop an Xbox from syncing? I just loaded the game up on my Series S and the save on it appears to be from when I was playing on it yesterday, so like 6+ hours of progress lost. Now I'm afraid it will have synced and when I get home and load the game on my Series X it will think the cloud save is the latest version and automatically overwrite the local version which is the correct one. The Series X is designated as the 'home' console on my account, but I don't know if it will let me load a digital game while offline to ensure no save sync happens...

I like that MS makes cloud saves free unlike the shitheads at Sony, but really wish they had a manual process as well as the automatic one. Not only does stuff like this happen, but you also can't save scum like you can with PSN and Nintendo Online.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
"Beat" the game last night! Level 157 or so, felt overleveled through much of the game, but I guess that level is about right?

Just the nature of the game to be overleveled for a lot of it unless you always know exactly where to go next.

DS1 was a lot like that where the parts you could do in whatever order you wanted were roughly the same difficulty so whatever you did last felt a lot easier

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I can totally agree with some of the repetition in terms of bosses / enemy variety / movesets, but the sheer size and enjoyment I get just from the exploration aspect makes this game above the other titles...

If they continue to flesh out ERs formula I can't even begin to think what the next open-world game will be like. It definitely seems From listens to comments and takes them into consideration, at the same time remaining true to their vision. I sincerely hope they keep progressing the genre and don't pull a Blizzard or Projekt Red.

Assuming they continue the underpromising and over delivering I think it's safe to say the future is going to be insane. Imagine an open world-ish Bloodborne, that would be perfection!

I'm not sure Bloodborne's lack of build variety wouldn't impair this proposed game's quality. I think a world this big crammed full of this much stuff NEEDS those extra dimensions in character development, otherwise it gets stale much more quickly. Dunno, just a feeling.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So Im going around collecting all the sorceries I missed and there are a few that seem very interesting that I haven't people talk about or use much yet. Things like Night Maiden's Mist which leaves an area of effect DoT for quite a while and does pretty good damage if you can lock a target inside it. Could use that with the duration talisman and a beefy battlemage build. Or Thop's Barrier. Which can deflect spells and apparently can also be used to parry even without a shield.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Just the nature of the game to be overleveled for a lot of it unless you always no exactly where to go next.

DS1 was a lot like that where the parts you could do in whatever order you wanted were roughly the same difficulty so whatever you did last felt a lot easier

Yeah, if open world content is vastly different difficulties, it kind of removes the choice. There's already some of this with how different Caelid is than Limgrave and Liurnia. Altus too, probably, although I consider that place to be distinctly after the first 3 areas, despite technically being able to get there immediately.

And with this much content you're obviously going to have a lot of overlap of "content at X-Y level range intended."

Chris

Potato del Grande
You need PS Plus to do that quest though?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So Im going around collecting all the sorceries I missed and there are a few that seem very interesting that I haven't people talk about or use much yet. Things like Night Maiden's Mist which leaves an area of effect DoT for quite a while and does pretty good damage if you can lock a target inside it. Could use that with the duration talisman and a beefy battlemage build. Or Thop's Barrier. Which can deflect spells and apparently can also be used to parry even without a shield.

Yeah all of the spell-parry shit seems super interesting to me. It's only useful in some areas and on some bosses, but for those, man would it be nice. That Battlemage Hugues guy was a fucking dicknose, I'd love to reflect his bullshit.

• 1Like

Khane

And then there's Carian Retaliation:

"Swing your staff to dispel incoming sorceries and incantations, using their power to retaliate with Glintblades"

Man, kinda sad I never found these during my playthrough. Would have liked to test that out to see if its as OP against caster bosses as it sounds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm not sure Bloodborne's lack of build variety wouldn't impair this proposed game's quality. I think a world this big crammed full of this much stuff NEEDS those extra dimensions in character development, otherwise it gets stale much more quickly. Dunno, just a feeling.

You're not necessarily wrong but at the same time, I really couldn't have seen an open world souls game working as well as it did, either.

I guess we will see but I'm praying we at least get a proper sequel to both Elden Ring as well as Bloodborne, both are top notch in my mind.

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Now if someone makes a Witcher 3 mod with Elden Ring's horse mechanics, I could easily do another playthrough.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Now if someone makes a Witcher 3 mod with Elden Ring's horse mechanics, I could easily do another playthrough.
Why? Do you enjoy mounting then promptly dashing off a cliff?! I'd rather have Torrent show up on top of things by stealing Witcher 3 horse mechanics.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why? Do you enjoy mounting then promptly dashing off a cliff?! I'd rather have Torrent show up on top of things by stealing Witcher 3 horse mechanics.
Just double jump right back on the cliff you can change direction mid jump u scrub

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yes, yes I do, because I still have reflexes better than an aging super-boomer who can't double jump back in time!

Khane

The mechanics are exactly the same (except double jump), even the animations look the same. Elden Ring is just more responsive. It's kind of like Roach and Geralt lost 40 pounds and started training for the Olympics.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Anyone playing this with an ultrawide patch? How is it? Gonna double dip on this at some point but will probably wait for a sale.