Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure there is harder shit after him, but he's hard enough for non souls regulars to nope-the-fuck-out after a couple hours of that.

Yeah, Radahn is the fight that almost made me take a break from the game. I took a day specifically to just play ER (I think it was the first full day I took just to play it, too) and planned to make all kinds of progress, then spent 3-4 hours just dying to Radahn over and over again. Towards the end of that I was like "what am I doing, I have a zillion other things that need to get done" and almost shelved the game.

It doesn't help that I was mainly losing because I kept going in and trying to do the fight the normal/honorable way, only to usually get one-shotted by something. Finally I gave up and just spammed NPCs at him while staying far away, shrugged at what could have been, and moved on. Wasn't my favorite part of the game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So for the DLCs we've got Miquella and Marika? Maybe each one is the final boss of a DLC if they're doing two. TBH I'd rather just get one super-good one like Souls 1 and Bloodborne did.

But yeah I hope we fight Marika at the end, after seeing statues of her all game. Also hope Miquella is just as challenging as Malenia, either as a midpoint DLC boss or an optional side nightmare like Lud and Zallen or Orphan.

Marika, mebs. Miquella I think is covered?

Unless they did the whole touch thing X and see it's memories like DS 2.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well Miquella is alive and in that creepy cocoon in Moghs throne room. Mohg was trying to make him an adult or some shit since he was cursed to remain a child or something and was going to make him a god and become his consort. When you kill Mohg he says something to the effect of him being able to see the ascension clearly now. Which could be foreshadowing.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well Miquella is alive and in that creepy cocoon in Moghs throne room. Mohg was trying to make him an adult or some shit since he was cursed to remain a child or something and was going to make him a god and become his consort. When you kill Mohg he says something to the effect of him being able to see the ascension clearly now. Which could be foreshadowing.

Yeah, Miquella is around, and probably won't be a kid anymore when you fight him. So the main question is whether there'll be one DLC or two. I guess we'll find out for sure if DLC1 contains both Miquella and Marika, because there's nowhere else to go from there I think.

Khane

Maybe more invaders from other realms show up. Radagon's ancestors or something.

Khane

So, I wanted to try some Lightning builds out but I missed the Sanctified Whetblade before I burned the tree and apparently its gone until NG+ now. Why do you do this to me From Software?!

• 1Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What I hate about the speed runs is the start to open door and then quit to menu and load back in. Since you are no longer in game the clock stops, so you bypass the open animation, but in real life it makes it take longer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What I hate about the speed runs is the start to open door and then quit to menu and load back in. Since you are no longer in game the clock stops, so you bypass the open animation, but in real life it makes it take longer.

That seems like an utterly stupid community rule. Allowing a "speed run" to be chunked like that is just retarded; it should be contiguous. Meaning either no quit-outs, or if you do quit out, you're still on the clock.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That seems like an utterly stupid community rule. Allowing a "speed run" to be chunked like that is just retarded; it should be contiguous. Meaning either no quit-outs, or if you do quit out, you're still on the clock.
I understand why they have the rule to stop during loading screens, since without that it could come down to whoever has the fastest load times. But that should only apply to load screens inherent in the play of the game, not quitting to the main menu and reloading.

• 2Like

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I understand why they have the rule to stop during loading screens, since without that it could come down to whoever has the fastest load times. But that should only apply to load screens inherent in the play of the game, not quitting to the main menu and reloading.
Good. Reward the gigachads who invest in top of the line systems. Might makes right.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The flatbrains of Reddit are great to read. They're getting dumpstered on the "insanely broken" builds they copy from YouTube, and everything is OP except what they settled on.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Only runs I find interesting to watch are the ones that actually "do" content so to speak. Not really impressed with speed runs that requires breaking the game. I don't mind taking advantage of in game things that are powerful, but like speed runs of DS1 where you jump off a bridge at a specific angle putting you below the world, and then moving sideways and skipping half the game isn't really something I enjoy watching.

I more impressed with "all bosses" or something like that. Like HappyHobs doing full runs of all the games without getting hit.

I watched Elajazz yesterday doing the all remembrances speed run. Takes 2ish hours. Was interesting to see him time everything, learning what graces could be skipped (since using them takes several seconds) and how many bosses to do before he had to do level ups or upgrade weapons. Finding the optimal paths.

I only caught the latter part of the run, but was one boss which was a "bug" of sorts where you can jump on some pillars and get into a boss room without going through the actual boss door, which causes the boss to just stand there since it's never activated. The other bosses I saw though he did normally, using the sword that has a spell like the comet one as its activating skill.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone got any good farm spots?

I'm lv60 and the best one I have are the 1k rune guys outside the Beast Sanctum in Northern Caelid.

All the better ones on google are locked behind Radahn or Omen King which is where I am up to and what I would like some more levels for.

I've unlocked the capital and Volcano Manor but don't want to mess around in the capital too much as I've heard it progresses the story and can break quests.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Only runs I find interesting to watch are the ones that actually "do" content so to speak. Not really impressed with speed runs that requires breaking the game. I don't mind taking advantage of in game things that are powerful, but like speed runs of DS1 where you jump off a bridge at a specific angle putting you below the world, and then moving sideways and skipping half the game isn't really something I enjoy watching.
Absolutely.

But you gotta remember who is doing speed runs. People who speed run boob and vagina access by taking hormones themselves and cutting their dick off.

• 2Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone got any good farm spots?

I'm lv60 and the best one I have are the 1k rune guys outside the Beast Sanctum in Northern Caelid.

All the better ones on google are locked behind Radahn or Omen King which is where I am up to and what I would like some more levels for.

I've unlocked the capital and Volcano Manor but don't want to mess around in the capital too much as I've heard it progresses the story and can break quests.
In the volcano area there's a bunch of guards after you climb up the ladder that's just before the broken bridge. They're all kneeling and dont react until you're on top of them. Quick easy clear for 5k runes

• 1Like

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Which fire sword?

Elden Ring definitely has more accessible and obvious cheese than other Souls games. But I don't think it takes away from anything IMO.

And lol @Tuco speedrunners don't even bother with getting the halves of the elevator key because they just use the Iron Maiden teleport and the Four Belfries to bypass the other routes.
The rykard sword. Forget the name right now

Chris

Potato del Grande
In the volcano area there's a bunch of guards after you climb up the ladder that's just before the broken bridge. They're all kneeling and dont react until you're on top of them. Quick easy clear for 5k runes
Is that the bridge you "fix" with the lever before the 1st boss?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its the first bridge when entering the area from the east

1647275449552.png