Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m telling you. Pair that with Milo’s and wreck shit.

A Song of Ice and Blood

Sounds more like a song of wine and cheese. They scale differently though and I wanted to do a bit of sorcery too. I'm doing a build similar to this

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds more like a song of wine and cheese. They scale differently though and I wanted to do a bit of sorcery too. I'm doing a build similar to this

Yeah that’s the only thing that sucks about it is it’s not easy to scale both. It’s not really cheesy due to that, there’s plenty of better stuff I’m sure, especially since I’ve never seen anyone else doing it. That tells me it probably sucks in reality. It just feels good swinging those two big bastards together. Bleed, frost, and the range from the moon sword special. Staggering the shit out of people.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
1650088574584.png

1650088584114.png

1650088591615.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got Margit down really easy, think I leveled a bit too much before hand. The Castle is messing me up now though. The big armored dudes wont go down as easy as the rest and I make many mistakes. Also lost all the runes from Margit as I forgot to use them and died before I could collect them again. :p

Got to learn to spend stuff before I venture forth.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got Margit down really easy, think I leveled a bit too much before hand. The Castle is messing me up now though. The big armored dudes wont go down as easy as the rest and I make many mistakes. Also lost all the runes from Margit as I forgot to use them and died before I could collect them again. :p

Got to learn to spend stuff before I venture forth.
We have all done that, I fell down a lift shaft for example.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I help people with her all the time and haven't noticed any differences. Try str/arc with fingerprint shield and swarm of flies using dragon communion seal. Only need 48str, 40arc, 11faith. Prob the easiest build I've used vs her

Rivers of Blood R2 spam with a decent amount of Mind also works wonders in that fight. Esp with a mimic doing the same thing, given how weak her poise is. Still have to learn her attacks (especially on phase 2) but it's the easiest way I found to win.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Trying to figure out whether I want to use Moonveil or Dark Moon Greatsword for the Journey 2 battle-mage build. I could get a second Moonveil and power-stance too.

Comet Azur seems to miss pretty much everything except big slow targets, kinda disappointed in it. I prefer Stars of Ruin, even though it does less damage, because it can be spammed. Founding Rain of Stars is also good for setting up a "trap" of sorts, functions like the rain spells in EQ, so cast that right before engaging and then it'll drop while you're fighting. Can charge that up too, need to see if charging up works on the others.

Haven't really messed around with any other spells yet. Need to find the rest of the Memory Stones I missed.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Trying to figure out whether I want to use Moonveil or Dark Moon Greatsword for the Journey 2 battle-mage build. I could get a second Moonveil and power-stance too.

Comet Azur seems to miss pretty much everything except big slow targets, kinda disappointed in it. I prefer Stars of Ruin, even though it does less damage, because it can be spammed. Founding Rain of Stars is also good for setting up a "trap" of sorts, functions like the rain spells in EQ, so cast that right before engaging and then it'll drop while you're fighting. Can charge that up too, need to see if charging up works on the others.

Haven't really messed around with any other spells yet. Need to find the rest of the Memory Stones I missed.
Go with Dark Moon, you'll find moonveil underwhelming compared to it

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

This is the video to watch if you want to use DMGS:

Milo's is cool with a lot of greatsword builds, but jellyfish shield (and generally just two-handing the sword when attacking will be more effective then dual GS L1's) is definitely the way to go with DMGS.
I'd put post-nerf Moonveil at 5th best int weapon. Maybe. There's probably something else I'm forgetting, but at minimum Wing of Astel, DMGS, Death's Poker, and a Lucerne w/Glintstone Pebble AoW are all better choices.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Go with Dark Moon, you'll find moonveil underwhelming compared to it
Moonveil is a nice weapon for fast enemies and in general early/mid game with small opponents but I don’t get the OP comments about it. The stagger and damage from dark moon is so much better.

Aazrael Aazrael look for a great sword or colossal weapon that scales with whatever you’re using now and try that on the big armor dudes. A jumping heavy attack with those usually staggers them and if you get a few in a row you can stance break them for an r1 crit. Jump heavy attack, roll away and repeat.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Moonveil is a nice weapon for fast enemies and in general early/mid game with small opponents but I don’t get the OP comments about it. The stagger and damage from dark moon is so much better.
Yeah, there's nothing OP about it at all now. Pre-nerf Moonveil had massive stance break potential on the L2-R2 special. Post-nerf, it's just a katana that does pretty good damage at medium range and doesn't really stagger or stance break at all unless you connect with the blade itself. Even then it really doesn't stagger much.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, there's nothing OP about it at all now. Pre-nerf Moonveil had massive stance break potential on the L2-R2 special. Post-nerf, it's just a katana that does pretty good damage at medium range and doesn't really stagger or stance break at all unless you connect with the blade itself. Even then it really doesn't stagger much.
Ah ok, guess I didn’t realize it got nerfed. Not sure if I used it before the nerf because I never felt like it was OP. I just liked that it was fast, like every katana really.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aazrael Aazrael also don't forget to buy the buckler shield from the guy at the front gate, makes perry easier and can help alot with some foes.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wing of Astel is a very late game weapon but its L2 can shotgun larger enemies for huge damage

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

What's the electric aura spell he uses at :50? That's pretty sick. Looks like Faith so I can't use it with this current build, but maybe I'll do a Faith build for the inevitable third play.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
What's the electric aura spell he uses at :50? That's pretty sick. Looks like Faith so I can't use it with this current build, but maybe I'll do a Faith build for the inevitable third play.

It's Lightning Fortification but he has the particle effects cranked up(Hacked version of the spell, probably just for the look.)

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Absolutely demolished commander Nial with the dark moon great sword, karma motherfucker

• 1Worf