Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Story comes together after a couple play throughs. There's a few good lore videos too that piece a few things together. Armor can be mostly fluff but there's a lot of good weapons, spells, and abilities to build around for another play through.

Fluff aside from that wonderful 56 or higher poise break point to punish katana scum

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Probably tried getting Tiche 30+ times yesterday and maybe 20 times today with Moonsword... Respecced to Blasphomous Blade and got her 2nd try. Not sure why I can't manage the ice weapon good enough.

tiche.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably tried getting Tiche 30+ times yesterday and maybe 20 times today with Moonsword... Respecced to Blasphomous Blade and got her 2nd try. Not sure why I can't manage the ice weapon good enough.

View attachment 410052

The special for Darkmoon greatsword on Tiche sucks, she dodges it so easily. Better off straight up melee'ing her with it, especially since she staggers so easy.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

View attachment 410052
I used the falling star beast jaw, and it just wrecked her. She may dodge one, but she'll normally get clipped by the follow-up, and then you just start blasting.

• 1Like

Serwol

Vyemm Raider

View attachment 410052
Had troubles with that one until I discovered I could basically stun lock her with a weapon that had the Giant Hunt ash of war on it, would just knock her up, wait till she was standing up, rinse lather and repeat.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hunted down the last easy Dragon stone to make Blasphomous Blade +10 and also got Tiche to +10. Loaded up my Talismans and memorized the Holy Resist spell only to not being able to use it as I don't know how faith spells work. :p

Decided to make one run (my first with this build) at the Elden Beast before I turn in for the night. Noticed when I entered I had like 180k runes I forgot about. Summoned Tiche and we hammered down Radagon. Queue the annoying jelly monster running around like a bitch and I somehow beat the bastard real fast, even my spirit sumon was alive and I had like 5 flasks left.

Might have been that I got an easier fight but the 0.1% was a similar build to this one as well. Also think the Tiche performed better than the mimic.

Simped my way into the stars after that.

Will try to finish the side stuff in the Haligtree now before I try new game or make a new character.

witch.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whats awesome about this game too is how having a different weapon type can completely change encounters. I was wrecking the dog tyrannosaurus things in Caelid with a bleeding longsword with fast strikes close, but now with fire greatsword, Im just too slow and get WRECKED.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I can't get the feel for Elden Beast, I mean, I had the mofo at like 20% health 2 or 3 tomes, but other times I barely dent his HP......seems so random.

Radagon is a legit fun fight, he has super quick moves but they can all be dodged, but for the life of me I can't figure out EB.

I know it's a matter of time, I'll definitely get him, but it's just such a weird fight. I can dowk Radagon like 3 out of every 4 fights but somehow I still haven't beaten it yet, I'm sure it is partially me, but it could also be that they paired a quick reflex fight behind a slower calculated fight. Who knows?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
This game is so god damn weird sometimes.

I've been slowly progressing, and reached the creepy village with the candles that need to be lit the other night. I got backstabbed to death by some invisible assassin asshole and figured that was a good time to log off for the evening. I had an exhausting day today and was about to go to bed and realized, wait, I haven't played any Elden Ring at all. Okay, I'll light those stupid candles and then call it a night. I made it through the village...and then...oh, look, here's the Haligtree that everyone says is a pain in the ass. I'll try this for a few minutes, and then I'm out. Hmm, it's not so bad. Oh, wow, I made it all the way to a second part. Now I'll try this for a few minutes, and then I'm really out. Oh joy, another fucking lake of rot thing. Let me just get this over with, find the next grace site, and then BED. Okay, I'm through that nonsense, here's the site...and right next to it is...a boss door? Fine. One quick peek and that's that. Ah shit, it's Malenia. I'll make one run at her, die horribly, and then go to bed.

Alright, that was a nifty cut scene, so now let's just try this onc....*slash slash DEAD*. What the FUCK. Okay, fine..two attempts, you ginger dickhead. Somehow on attempt two I wrecked phase 1. Now I'm wide awake and my heart is pounding, I have no idea what the hell I'm doing, but somehow I'm alive and chomping her health down...more...MORE....MOOOORE. OMG, I can't even see any red left in her health bar! Shit! Am I gonna do it?

No, of course not. She flashed into some Great Tiger from Mike Tyson's Punch Out combo and I got fuckin wrecked immediately. Now it's gonna take me another 20 attempts to even get her close again, lol. Dammit.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
I can't get the feel for Elden Beast, I mean, I had the mofo at like 20% health 2 or 3 tomes, but other times I barely dent his HP......seems so random.

Radagon is a legit fun fight, he has super quick moves but they can all be dodged, but for the life of me I can't figure out EB.

I know it's a matter of time, I'll definitely get him, but it's just such a weird fight. I can dowk Radagon like 3 out of every 4 fights but somehow I still haven't beaten it yet, I'm sure it is partially me, but it could also be that they paired a quick reflex fight behind a slower calculated fight. Who knows?
Sometimes he will be nice and throw some melee combos at you for a few attacks, other times he will spend 3 minutes just swimming around and making you chase him.....good times....

• 1Truth!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Haligtree was not as bad as people have been complaining, though the gold bubble fucks were annoying. Mostly that lower area in the city with the grafted rape monsters was the part I skipped. Melania was tough, but I don't think she is Midir tough. Took me a bunch of tries, but ultimately I forced myself to hold Tiche in reserve for p2 and kept her at medium distance with MLGS blasting. The real key is recognizing her two air moves and reading it right. She does not do her big dance much or at all if you keep her at medium range, plus she gives you big windows for recovery and rebuff. The minute you get too far away, the bullshit begins however. I personally found the two gargoyle fight harder, as they are relentless fuckers who are immune to literally everything.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
I found the tree part easier than the "everything shits rot" part. But maybe because I was massive shield bro ignoring the bubble bullshit and turtling right to them

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yup, been in a complete game drought since finishing this, which isn't a bad thing I guess. I just stare at my steam library, thinking 'meh' to everything, and launching ER in hopes i'll get a little bit of that pure ER ecstasy again. Maybe with its massive success it'll cause some sort of shift in the industry regarding open world development. Nobody will be able to do what FROM has done here, but maybe one dev will take heed. I'm hoping the devs from various studios that originally cried out about how ER was 'bad' are the vocal minority.

Played Ghost of Tsushima? That and BOTW are probably the two closest things to replicating taking a hit of ER again. Which is good for me because I haven't played either yet. I think Ghost is the closest to ER in terms of overall look and feeling.

• 1Solidarity

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'm stuck in this game. Not that I am stuck in where to go, but everything else just seems.... not Elden Ring? I try to play something else, and feel like I am wasting my time not rather playing Elden Ring which is just better than any other game I have right now. Restarted on the PS5 and doing a mage run. Over 50 hours into that with a total of over 200 hours on PC and PS5. I haven't opened up Horizons again since Elden Ring released. And I enjoyed that game.

I still haven't finished it because I started the PS5 run not long after I got to the last zones / hidden zones on the PC version and didn't like my build. I will most likely go back and finish that up too, but will complete the PS5 run now.

I did start Rogue Legacy 2, which is fun to do a few runs in, but the next game I try will most likely be the Knight Arthur turn based Xcomish game. It looks fun, and very different from Elden Ring. I am not sure how to go back to open world games which has been my favourite genre of games (other than souls games). Now that I have a souls open world, looking back at open world games and they are ..... It's like taking a "souls like" game and comparing it to a From Software game. They are miles ahead of the curve and set the standard with every game they release. It's why it's called souls like. It's similar, but not the same. Now From Software has done the same with the entire damn open world formula. Games from now on will be "sure it's open world, but it's not From Software open world".

I agree with Maximillian Doods review. In todays world of game development, featuring DLCs, MTX and the likes, a game with the feature full scope of Elden Ring shouldn't exist. But it does.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Last night I turn on both systems - scan the libraries.... Could play Cyberpunk... Nah. Ghostwire Tokyo? Meh. Apex? Burned out. Dying Light 2? Possibility if Gator Gator gets on but I will be starting over from scratch. Platinum H: FW? maybe if I am drunk. Turn on the series X - start farting around in Fall out New Vegas in 4k60. Made it a couple hours.... still might come back. Looked at countless games... meh. Played Slay the Spire - fun and got my attention for an hour so I do kinda like that game but still....

Honestly, it kinda fucking sucks. The only thing I am thinking about doing again is starting a completely new character from scratch and playing Elden Ring again even though I already platted it. BOTW2 should be good but too bad the fucking thing will run on a toaster in 720p with ass backwards controls. (Y is the new X, A is the new B - this always messes me up for 3 days)

We all know Starfield is going to be a shit show: Starfield's engine is a 'piece of crap,' former Bethesda dev says

I mean - God of War 2.... ?

So right now it's DLC for ER or just replay ER.

I know I am sounding like a broken record, but this game set the bar so high with so much talent and creativity behind the entire thing, that there is no way 80% of the woke plebs in the US are going to do anything relevant but cry for unions and whoa is my gender shit for the next 5 years at least... I am solely thinking I may only play games made from Japanese developers and publishers for the unforseeable future.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Whenever I stop working so much I might actually beat this game. I'm somewhere in the consecrated snowfield lvl 145 / 136 hours. Once I'm done, I'm going back to finish dying light Utnayan Utnayan definitely want to try the co-op.

• 1Truth!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its not Japanese game developers in general, its From Software specifically. They have consistently made quality stuff that went against the grain at the time. Armored Core and Kings Field were both great series in their era. Meanwhile Square and Nintendo continue their downward spirals into shit games and rehashes (Breath of the Wild being the one major notable exception).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users