Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Mario odyssey was pretty damn good game. 3D world was cool too.

For those stuck in the game, just try playing something completely different. I was having the same problem when I was trying similar games, but playing like a card game or blobber instead was fine.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty noobish at the game. Started Vagabond and just beat Rennala. Entire Raya just super absurd, lol. I'm using shield and board - Zweihander and a blue crest knight shield. I still have all the basic armor. I have not used any spirit ashes (never really knew how to use them) nor incantations. Not entirely sure where to go - I have just been exploring. Don't even know where to get better armor. -.-

Is S&B pointless? Should I go other specs now that I can actually respec? My attacks are soooo slow.
Don't worry about armor. The starter stuff is fine, you could play the whole game with it if you wanted. You will eventually find some pieces. Actually, if you go back to Raya Lucaria Academy, there is s full armor set in one of the cemetery areas before the water wheel. You have to jump out a window in a little room to find it. It's called Carian Knight Set and looks decent.

For Spirit Ashes, if you are getting along without them that is cool. They can trivialize a lot of the fights, but are nearly necessary if you don't want to die 1000 times learning some bosses. You need the have the Spirit Calling Bell from the blue witch lady, and you just use them like any item. They can be summoned when you have the glowing tombstone symbol on the left side of your screen.

So far on my NG+ run I'm trying to do it without Spirit Ashes, as I used them in every boss fight on my first run through.

1651244853090.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah cause watching Netflix or whatever her stupid fucking hobby is is so much more fulfilling.

This, every GF I've had who thought games were a waste of time...either had no hobbies, or their main hobby was bingeing Netflix shit like Pretty Little Liars

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Mario odyssey was pretty damn good game. 3D world was cool too.

For those stuck in the game, just try playing something completely different. I was having the same problem when I was trying similar games, but playing like a card game or blobber instead was fine.
I wish there was a really good God game coming out. Fata Deum is the only thing I see and it looks just OK.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This, every GF I've had who thought games were a waste of time...either had no hobbies, or their main hobby was bingeing Netflix shit like Pretty Little Liars
Yeah, it’s a pet peeve of mine. Wives saying games are a waste of time…but they binge watch trash tv as their only hobby. Or saying games are a waste of money, when a $1-60 investment can get you hundreds of hours of entertainment but they don’t bat an eye at thousands of dollars to go sit on a stupid fucking hot beach for a week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Y'all need to stop praising BotW so much. That game is really just okay. Maybe it seemed like it was a huge deal because it was a Nintendo game doing an open world in a sort of unique way, but most "BotW clones" that released in its wake have turned out to be better than BotW actually was. If you don't believe me, go back and play it. It's just... okay.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Y'all need to stop praising BotW so much. That game is really just okay. Maybe it seemed like it was a huge deal because it was a Nintendo game doing an open world in a sort of unique way, but most "BotW clones" that released in its wake have turned out to be better than BotW actually was. If you don't believe me, go back and play it. It's just... okay.
Idk my son has played through it like five times, he loves it. There are some things I don’t like about it that keep it from getting a lot of praise from me but I’d still say it was better than okay.

What are the BotW clones? He’d probably like something before botw 2 comes out, if they’re on Switch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Keep an eye on Farthest Frontier by Crate.
looks great. I'm not really looking for another city-builder though. I know the difference between a god game like Black and White and a city builder game is nuanced. I need to make a God Game thread...

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I absolutely love how people come up with silly rules for challenge runs. I can't think of any other game(s) that have such a large "Could I do THIS?" gallery.

IronPineapple does a lot of them, and this one was particularly cool, I thought.

This game is just so damn cool.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
looks great. I'm not really looking for another city-builder though. I know the difference between a god game like Black and White and a city builder game is nuanced. I need to make a God Game thread...
Yeah I don’t play them anymore so have no idea what the difference is or that they even were split like that. You collect resources, controls peasants and build towns, that’s all I know.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I absolutely love how people come up with silly rules for challenge runs. I can't think of any other game(s) that have such a large "Could I do THIS?" gallery.

IronPineapple does a lot of them, and this one was particularly cool, I thought.

This game is just so damn cool.
That’s some impressive autism. I can’t stand slow walking ever, I hate lava and other slow walk shit. No way could I play the game like that.

• 3Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That’s some impressive autism. I can’t stand slow walking ever, I hate lava and other slow walk shit. No way could I play the game like that.

I especially like how at several points in the game he hits walls, and racks his brain for a possible solution. Was cool to see his final jumping solution that ended up working for a prior jump he had to technically use the horse for.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I know you guys have been talking about other games after Elden Ring. I just saw a trailer for this, but there's not much information about it. Looks like it'll be open world and heavily influenced by a particular artist, can't remember the guy's name, but you'll recognize it if you've seen his work.

Could be an absolute dud or could be awesome, who knows.

I don't think it's even popped up on steam yet.

• 3Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Idk my son has played through it like five times, he loves it. There are some things I don’t like about it that keep it from getting a lot of praise from me but I’d still say it was better than okay.

What are the BotW clones? He’d probably like something before botw 2 comes out, if they’re on Switch.
Very similar but in a Greek myth setting. I liked it a lot but it's got BOTW all over it. And my jizz.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know you guys have been talking about other games after Elden Ring. I just saw a trailer for this, but there's not much information about it. Looks like it'll be open world and heavily influenced by a particular artist, can't remember the guy's name, but you'll recognize it if you've seen his work.

Dark Souls 4 with Papa Emeritus and WoW elves.

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Certainly a very neat trailer. Now all they need to do is make a good game!

I'm interested in seeing more of Steelrising. I dig the dual fans.

• 1Like