Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The only world-state change like that is the burning of the Erdtree, and then the fall of the capital when you kill Maliketh. No other world state changes from killing Elden Beast that I'm aware of.

It doesn't return you to an earlier point in time, that's the wrong way to think about it.
That's not true. Frenzied Flame ending shows a significant post Elden Beast change.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
You mean the cutscene? Or are you saying the world state is actually different in the post-game?
The cut scene shows a significant change to the world. However, continuing the game (not NG+) the world is the same as it was before the Elden Beast encounter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wasn’t the sky different? That was the only thing I noticed with the continuing after the endings. The giant moon, or red tinged clouds, etc.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The only world-state change like that is the burning of the Erdtree, and then the fall of the capital when you kill Maliketh. No other world state changes from killing Elden Beast that I'm aware of.

It doesn't return you to an earlier point in time, that's the wrong way to think about it.

Bloodborne may have done the whole world changing event thing better.

Woulda been cool to see that kind of ending determining stuff change the world as u played it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know @Phazael has mentioned poking with a shield and spear in the past, as have others. This video popped up.

Looks pretty cool, but just kind of a boring play style. I still aren't even close to finishing the game, and haven't played since the end of last week. I might give this a spin because I think my stats will allow me to do so without respeccing.

Killed Malenia, Placidusax, and all other optional bosses and Elden beast with this build. Only thing I did different was switch to the Mohg spear. Its a little slower but staggers all the bosses even while doing the light attack behind shield pokes. It's not as boring as people think because you still have to manage stamina and you don't do as much damage as other builds, and the longer a fight goes on, the more chances of getting gibbed in two hits if you aren't careful.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I did Great Stars with Wild Strikes (Cold) and pretty much curb stomped everything all the way to the end. Elden Beast was super annoying because I felt like I spent most of my time chasing it down.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did Great Stars with Wild Strikes (Cold) and pretty much curb stomped everything all the way to the end. Elden Beast was super annoying because I felt like I spent most of my time chasing it down.

That's every melee build though

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's every melee build though

Yeah that boss is a real shit design.

I'd put that, the 5 minute ability queue, player messages taking priority over everything else, and having the "You sure?" prompt come up every time you're trying to res your horse as the things holding it back from being a perfect game

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have nearly 30 hours in on my Vagabond and I have not accomplished too much with the main story because I find myself getting lost in exploration, but I have killed Godrick. I have this huge staff that requires 34 strength, the Ash of War on it shoots blue magic and recks fools after I upgraded it twice, also does 260 Dmg from those upgrades. Yes it has big slow lumbering attacks but it is fun.

The game is great!

EDIT: Oh and Margit was sooo much easier than I thought he would be. Maybe I over leveled him, I think I was 25-27 when I killed him. I was 36 when I killed Godrick and he was easier than Margit. I have had more trouble with those Watch Dog Mini-Bosses than the two story bosses thus far.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna finish NG+ and get the PS5 plat first, which is gonna probably take me a couple months at my current rate. But eventually I'm getting the PS4 version and re-platinuming it.

For reference, I went dex build on NG, then dex/sorcery on NG+ which I don't like as much.

Any ideas for a fun build I could try in a from-scratch play? Leaning heavily towards finally trying the Samurai class. I didn't do anything with Faith/incantations in my first go-around, so to have the most difference on the second run, I'll need to go Samurai with incantations. Like, Vigor/Str/Dex/Faith I guess. I'll probably lean heavily on archery for early fights and Scarlet Rot Breath for lategame fights.

• 1Seriously?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So far I've beaten the game with Str Colossal weapon unga bunga, power stance bleed twinblade, DMGS, and Shield/Poke. Unless someone can throw out a cool looking build I think its time to shelve this one until the next DLC.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
player messages taking priority over everything else

Weird, this is the exact opposite of my experience. I remember thanking the devs for making OTHER things prioritized over messages. I don’t think I ever encountered this issue… got a specific example? Opening doors/chests, looting from said chests, using levers… literally all are prioritized.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Weird, this is the exact opposite of my experience. I remember thanking the devs for making OTHER things prioritized over messages. I don’t think I ever encountered this issue… got a specific example? Opening doors/chests, looting from said chests, using levers… literally all are prioritized.
I had the Grace you get after beating the boss in the fort down south bugged by a player messege. He had put it right on top of the grace so there was no way to activate the Grace site. Had to quit out and log back in and click the grace before it reloaded the player messeges.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So far I've beaten the game with Str Colossal weapon unga bunga, power stance bleed twinblade, DMGS, and Shield/Poke. Unless someone can throw out a cool looking build I think its time to shelve this one until the next DLC.
Idk about a specific build but it looks like you haven’t touched on a casting build unless you did that for dmgs. I’d suggest trying it, lots of interesting spells I never tried while doing melee play throughs.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Idk about a specific build but it looks like you haven’t touched on a casting build unless you did that for dmgs. I’d suggest trying it, lots of interesting spells I never tried while doing melee play throughs.

I was pure caster up until I got the DMGS, but finished mostly using DMGS supported by greatblade phalanx

• 1Like