Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well I am sad to report that Kajiimagi is now the elden lord. I really didn't want that to end.

I did go back and find Dragonlord Placidusax (had to look at a walkthru to find that) and Shardbearer Mohg. The only mob that gave me a hard time was Maliketh, his DOT killed me before I could beat him down the 1st time. Elden beast was a bit of a let down, I was set up for melee with magic to heal only and I had to spam my sword spell (think it was called wave of destruction) to get him down as he kept flying away.

The DLC is a day one buy for me for sure. Wow what a ride.

• 8Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I am sad to report that Kajiimagi is now the elden lord. I really didn't want that to end.

I did go back and find Dragonlord Placidusax (had to look at a walkthru to find that) and Shardbearer Mohg. The only mob that gave me a hard time was Maliketh, his DOT killed me before I could beat him down the 1st time. Elden beast was a bit of a let down, I was set up for melee with magic to heal only and I had to spam my sword spell (think it was called wave of destruction) to get him down as he kept flying away.

The DLC is a day one buy for me for sure. Wow what a ride.

Now go back and unlock all the other endings for plat!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maliketh is going to depend on what your build is. He's a glass cannon as far as bosses go, so if you're a high dps build you just need a few dodges and you can burn him down quick. I played several different ways and each time a different boss would either be cake or a royal pain in the ass.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
*grumble* I'm trying to start Hogwarts but I think Elden Ring has ruined gaming for me for a while. I'm trying to bash mobs with my wand. Dammit

• 5Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
*grumble* I'm trying to start Hogwarts but I think Elden Ring has ruined gaming for me for a while. I'm trying to bash mobs with my wand. Dammit
Yup tried playing Horizon and that shit felt terrible, the Elden ring awesome does wear off eventually and other games become cool again.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yup tried playing Horizon and that shit felt terrible, the Elden ring awesome does wear off eventually and other games become cool again.

Yep the expansion will be just in time to ruin us for another year

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had to play games from completely different genres. Anything similar felt like shit afterwards.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
  1. Download these 4 Mods to run seamless coop and randomizer together.
    • EldenModLoader - (Only need this if you want to run both coop and randomizer as it bypasses need to run the coop launcher)
    • SeamlessCo-op - (Can install this on its own if this is the only mod you are running)
    • ModEngine2 - (Needed for randomizer mod)
    • Randomizer
  2. Extract them all to your Elden Ring game folder, default is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ELDEN RING\Game"
  3. Inside "..Game\SeamlessCoop" Open "seamlesscoopsettings.ini"
    • Change "cooppassword = " to something unique like "cooppassword = h8%6f" (your coop buddy will need the to do the same password)
  4. Inside "...Elden Ring/Game" run "launch_elden_ring_seamlesscoop.exe"
    • (This will launch elden ring coop mode and create necessary files in the "SeamlessCoop" folder). Exit game to continue configuring randomizer setup.
  5. Move the contents of the "SeamlessCoop" folder (Contents, not the folder itself) into the "mods" folder (this will launch coop mod automatically without the need to run its launcher).
  6. Inside the "...Elden Ring/Game" folder. Move the "randomizer" folder into the "ModEngine-2.0.0-preview3-win64" folder.
  7. Inside the "ModEngine-2.0.0-preview3-win64" folder open "config_eldenring.toml"
    • Find the line that says "{ enabled = true, name = "default", path = "mod" }" and change "mod" to "randomizer".
  8. Inside "...\ModEngine-2.0.0-preview3-win64\randomizer" open "EldenRingRandomizer.exe"
    • Make sure game path is correct and "output files for UXM" is unchecked
    • Click on "Randomize items and enemies" - (if you want a new randomization make sure "Reroll seed" is checked)
    • Your coop buddy should input the same seed key in here (making sure "reroll seed" is unchecked)
    • Lots of other options in here but defaults are fine for most part
  9. Inside the "ModEngine-2.0.0-preview3-win64" folder run "launchmod_eldenring.bat" and Elden Ring should load with mods working!
  10. Once inside game you'll have 4 new items for Coop (in your pouch by default).
    • "Tiny Great Pot" Hosts a coop session
    • "Effigy of Melenia" Joins a session (based on the password set up in "seamlesscoopsettings.ini")
    • "Separating Mist" Leaves a session (or boots players if host)
    • "Judicator's Rulebook" Toggles PVP on and off
Alternatively watch a video here

If you just want randomizer get ModEngine2 and Randomizer then skip to steps 6-9
If you just want coop then just get SeamlessCo-op and ignore steps 5-9
If you want to go back to normal Elden Ring you'll need to remove/move "dinput8.dll" from the ".../Elden Ring/Game" folder or the game will fail to load from steam launcher.
Probably good to back up your orginal save games also
you legend

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Same for me. I actually thought that was the endgame fight at first. After I beat him I was like alright that must be that Elden Beast guy.
Really it comes down to if you can dodge or otherwise survive the phase two transition. The game repositions you so you are at the perfect range for his special to one shot you, while putting you on the edge so you can't just run straight away. The pillar you are next to won't block shit, either. You have to cut hard to the side and run and roll for your life. Make it past that transition, and you are probably home free because he is totally a glass cannon. I think I actually burned him down with bleed daggers and Ranni's Dark moon the easiest. Also he has a weird safe spot right under his nuts when he is doing his airborne bullshit combos, where a person with short reach weapons can really unload on him if you read it right. If you are two hand Unga Bunga, then you are gonna have a bad time.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Playing Hogwarts today and the broom stopped working (still not sure why) but for half a second I thought I was getting invaded.

Fucking Elden Ring has RUINED me.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ancient Death Rancor melts him and pretty much anything else in the game.

Dual wield Prince of Death's Staff on an NG1 playthrough and it's embarrassing how easy the game becomes.

How do you get a second one on NG1? I thought there was just one of those in the game. Unless NG1 is NG+1. Not sure how ER players are doing the terminology since it's different from game to game. I've also seen people follow the Souls 2 name (since ER also calls it this) and call NG+ "Journey 2".

I had a much easier time using melee than sorcery in ER. Switched to sorcery stats on like NG+2 or so and it just wasn't as effective as the melee I'd been using all that time. I was probably also using the wrong spells, but maybe not. Used the Sea of Stars or whatever it's called that fires like 3 little beams together, and Comet Azul. They were effective, sure, just not as much so as Malenia sword and Moonveil and Rivers of Blood. Exception being if you used the "no MP loss for 10s" or whatever it is potion at the start of a boss fight and then held down Comet Azul for as much of the duration as possible, that seemed to be able to one-shot some bosses.

One-shotting and range damage were so unnecessary when the game was never particularly hard though, using summons and strong melee weapons. All the youtubers overreacting to the game's difficulty the way they'd overdramatically react to a hot sauce as if it's way hotter than it is (they all do this) have people expecting something ridiculous. The only times in the entire game where I actually "died over and over and over" were Radahn, Fire Giant, and Malenia. And two out of three of those are optional, so...

It's unfortunate that so many people (including one or two I know) have been deterred from playing it by said overreaction videos, plus Game Journalists convincing them that they "can't" without an easy mode. These games teach you that you can.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ray Tracing added. Some pvp specific nerfs as well as general buffs to certain infusions/weapon types:

I play this on the fast framerate mode all the time because the visual fidelity is almost as good there as it is on resolution mode (on PS5, anyway). I'm curious to see how ray tracing impacts framerate mode (more likely, it's only usable on resolution mode).

If it's reso-only, then this is a major challenge to framerate mode. Hogwarts has an incredible ray tracing mode that actually got me off of framerate mode for that game.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you get a second one on NG1? I thought there was just one of those in the game. Unless NG1 is NG+1. Not sure how ER players are doing the terminology since it's different from game to game. I've also seen people follow the Souls 2 name (since ER also calls it this) and call NG+ "Journey 2".

I had a much easier time using melee than sorcery in ER. Switched to sorcery stats on like NG+2 or so and it just wasn't as effective as the melee I'd been using all that time. I was probably also using the wrong spells, but maybe not. Used the Sea of Stars or whatever it's called that fires like 3 little beams together, and Comet Azul. They were effective, sure, just not as much so as Malenia sword and Moonveil and Rivers of Blood. Exception being if you used the "no MP loss for 10s" or whatever it is potion at the start of a boss fight and then held down Comet Azul for as much of the duration as possible, that seemed to be able to one-shot some bosses.

One-shotting and range damage were so unnecessary when the game was never particularly hard though, using summons and strong melee weapons. All the youtubers overreacting to the game's difficulty the way they'd overdramatically react to a hot sauce as if it's way hotter than it is (they all do this) have people expecting something ridiculous. The only times in the entire game where I actually "died over and over and over" were Radahn, Fire Giant, and Malenia. And two out of three of those are optional, so...

It's unfortunate that so many people (including one or two I know) have been deterred from playing it by said overreaction videos, plus Game Journalists convincing them that they "can't" without an easy mode. These games teach you that you can.

Yeah, I just mean NG+1, too lazy to add the +!

Fairly certain you can have someone trade you a second one in the first playthrough as well but I've never done so.

Some pure Sorcery builds are glass cannons and you often end up blowing too much FP on casting shitty spells on low level mobs or you clip/miss full Comet Azur on something.

There are some spells like the one I mentioned that hit like a truck, stagger, and have a relatively low FP cost but after a while you grow bored just spamming the same shit over again. It's like the Fallingstar Beast Jaw. You can literally max out on STR/DEX and melt the game for 3 playthroughs just spamming the one ability, even post-nerf it's still ridiculous.