Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I use some music from the soulsborne games (and BG3) for the Curse of Strahd campaign I'm running. It works really well. My players getting chased by Strahd on the road to Vallaki while the Iudex Gundyr ost played was awesome. They loved it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Edge lords say shit like that mostly, but there is a subset of masochists who hate the QoL and open world of ER for whatever reason. I personally found the level design the worst of the games, except the DLC. It also had a lot of balance issues between builds and weapons (at least in PvE terms) and one of the roughest gatekeeper fights in the series with how rough it was on certain builds (Dancer). It has the best variety of bosses, however, by far. And with certain exceptions, ER's dungeons are kind of cookie cutter and lacking. The undead caverns and jail area in DS3 are, in particular, stand out sections of the game series. But I think the lower parts of the Halig Tree and certainly the sewers stack up to anything from prior souls games, to say nothing of Stormwind Castle.

The undead caverns were hands-down my least-favorite part of DS3, aside from maybe Smoldering Lake.

Well I finished Sekiro. Only had items for the Shura ending. Reloaded to see if I could get the other 3 and no joy. But, that's what Youtube is for. Guess I WILL have time to run through ER again before the DLC. Now I'm debating if I want to do a whole new toon when the DLC drops and maybe use this time to try to 'get gud' w/ Dark Souls. Looking at the list above, I have them all except Scholar of the First Sin. All I had was regular ol' DS2.

Just bear in mind that the Shura ending misses like the last 30% of Sekiro, maybe more, including the best zone. You might want to revisit it again later (on a NG, NG+ is blistering).

• 1Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I always felt the music track for Dragonlord Placidusax in ER had a Godzilla vibe to it and was pretty fucking epic.

Actually, everything about that fight was pretty fucking epic (except the run back between deaths).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wait till you get to the prince fight in ds3. Best sound track in souls or at least up there.

Can you link it? I probably won't hear it for a few weeks since I'm gonna start the game over next time

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I always felt the music track for Dragonlord Placidusax in ER had a Godzilla vibe to it and was pretty fucking epic.

Actually, everything about that fight was pretty fucking epic (except the run back between deaths).
Probably the most epic souls fight. The muting of the sound when he casts a fucking nuke at you had me audibly screaming like a little fangirl.
Can you link it? I probably won't hear it for a few weeks since I'm gonna start the game over next time

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
The undead caverns were hands-down my least-favorite part of DS3, aside from maybe Smoldering Lake.

Just bear in mind that the Shura ending misses like the last 30% of Sekiro, maybe more, including the best zone. You might want to revisit it again later (on a NG, NG+ is blistering).
more than likely will. I was following a video walkthrough. The guy was jumping around a lot and I missed it somehow. I wasn't about to go back to zero.
I did start DS1 last night , guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Just reinstalled and loaded my first character, all main bosses down but hadn't moved on to NG+, so ready for the DLC.

Think my SL1 character was up to malaketh before I got distracted and hadn't gone back.

Hoping lvl 150 doesn't make it super easy, I know after Elden Beast I did a lot of whatever optional bosses were left so I hope I'm not overleveled.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Hoping lvl 150 doesn't make it super easy, I know after Elden Beast I did a lot of whatever optional bosses were left so I hope I'm not overleveled.

The DLC will have Sekiro's "Boss" soul system, as you beat boss's within the Shadow you will gain more power, but everyone will start at a certain "level" based on stats within the area.

AKA you can go in with Max Level Character into the DLC, and you will still get shit pushed in just cause of the way the system works.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, not many builds scale well after level 150, especially if its a single stat attack build, and vigor falls off hard after 40

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Also, not many builds scale well after level 150, especially if its a single stat attack build, and vigor falls off hard after 40

Some people don't care about how fast the scaling drops off, they just wanna see funny number go up. Benefit of the game play however you want.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Some people don't care about how fast the scaling drops off, they just wanna see funny number go up. Benefit of the game play however you want.

In this thread, all members of all sects of the church of Number-Go-Up are welcome.

Godspeed, and may your numbers always go up.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
I fucking hate his liberal use of they/their for any of the characters that might have the dual male/female halves. The game makes distinct differences between the male and female parts of the beings, gives them different names, and never shows them in some sort of androgynous mixed form. St. Trina is a SHE and Miquella is a HE in the in-game lore. It is fucking jarring when he does it.
Lefties want you jarred. Eat the shit sandwich

Blueweed

Silver Baronet of the Realm
wrong post

FB_IMG_1716870357242.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lions Claw is just so overpowered. I was using flames of the redmanes on the claymore just to knock out a tree spirit but went to fight the first crucible knight in storm hill. He completely wrecked me time after time. I couldn't even knock him down to phase 2.

Removed the fire weapon art and took it back to lion's claw. Script flipped, completely opposite. The one button wonder of lion's claw completely wrecked the crucible knight. Just repeatedly knocked him on his ass.

It wasn't working as well on the tree guardian because of his massive aoe attacks and delayed damage holy attacks. The invulnerable frames just aren't long enough to spam through that, but switching to a fire weapon art doubles your damage vs them making them pretty easy to beat with just conventional hit and run attacks off torrent.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I fucking hate his liberal use of they/their for any of the characters that might have the dual male/female halves. The game makes distinct differences between the male and female parts of the beings, gives them different names, and never shows them in some sort of androgynous mixed form. St. Trina is a SHE and Miquella is a HE in the in-game lore. It is fucking jarring when he does it.
I want to see some absolutely vile shit from Miquella and fighting him as the final boss of the DLC, there's enough Griffith from Berzerk parallels, I am ready.

I even mistook Griffith as a female character when first introduced, which vibes with all this St.Trina tranny stuff.

However he may be just be another Ranni situation and we can waifu him up for an ending?

They gotta get this guy right, I feel like it's a lot of hype for someone we know hardly anything about.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I want to see some absolutely vile shit from Miquella and fighting him as the final boss of the DLC, there's enough Griffith from Berzerk parallels, I am ready.

I even mistook Griffith as a female character when first introduced, which vibes with all this St.Trina tranny stuff.

However he may be just be another Ranni situation and we can waifu him up for an ending?

They gotta get this guy right, I feel like it's a lot of hype for someone we know hardly anything about.
That's what I loved about Elden Ring. Nothing was really hyped up. Nothing was foreshadowed or foretold. Every boss just earned their reputation based purely on their difficulties. A game like this is perfect going in blind. Best way to play it initially. Then go back and do all the hidden spoiler stuff on your second play through. I won't read anything about this expansion until after I experience it myself.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity