Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
bandai claims ES has fixed the remote code exploit that would let a hacker completely take over your PC and has been in all the dark souls games for 7+ years

but i haven't seen any white hat confirm its fixed, so yeah, if you do play ES you should probably play offline

lol, what a crazy thing to read about, a hacker can break into your PC because of dark souls invasions. I wonder if you don't run the game as admin if its more protected, or if windows 11 gives more protection
Thanks for the update. Definitely playing offline until it's 100%.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If I beat Elden Ringer without a hacker 0day frying my northbridge by invading me and dropping a chromatic estus into a fire, then the game is too easy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

View attachment 399887

giphy.gif
Fear not the dark, my friend, and LET THE FEAST BEGIN.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
All my meetings are done for the day and still 3 fucking hours to go. Come on baby!

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If I beat Elden Ringer without a hacker 0day frying my northbridge by invading me and dropping a chromatic estus into a fire, then the game is too easy.
They fixed it by only letting the hacker take control of your computer if they kill you in the invasion.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Look at all these non Xbox master race in here. Been playing this shit for 9 hours already half way through NG+

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why would you not get this for PC? Cinders mod alone added 100s of hours of content, and that isn’t even the best mod just the biggest.
Just don’t pick up anything an invader drops and you good, eventually hackers all get their own servers.

PS5 version is said to run much better than PC, at least for the moment. Resolution is the same, framerate is actually better on PS5. I'm sure this will get fixed but yeah.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
PS5 or PC, what am I buying this on?

PC = $45
PS5 = $60-$70?
Where would it be $70?

Im just getting it from GameStop since I still have my $5 February cert, and I forget that shit every single month. So $55 plus some dumb whistle thing

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tip for people starting later today -- you'll probably think the obvious choice of keepsake is the imp key, but imo it's not worth it. There's a lock to use it on immediately after the tutorial, but the boss in there is a bitch and doesn't really drop anything important. Also, there's another key easily accessible if you explore a bit.

Golden seed is the best choice imo.

This is the first time I've actually felt like killing the boss you're supposed to die to is worthwhile too. The weapon it drops is pretty fun to use and seems to be unique. ([Details on it if you want them: It's a straight sword that turns into dual swords when you switch to 2H mode. Also drops a tower shield, which seems useless.)

Performance wise, I haven't seen any noticeable drops on either Series X or S. The consoles are pretty much identical looking aside from the obvious resolution difference.

• 1Like

Jozu

I paid 80$ on the PS Store? It said deluxe edition was there a cheaper version?

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
there is a regular $60 version for ps4/ps5, deluxe gives you a (digital) concept art book and (digital) soundtrack. not really worth $20 but hey, thats like 2 drinks at starbucks

its $50 in store at walmart tomorrow for consoles, dunno pc. there is some retarded way to get the argentinian version on xbox at eneba.com using VPNs

i bought physical ps4 at best buy (exclusive steelbook), did the eneba shit for xbox for shits and giggles, and will triple dip on steam whenever i get a steam dick

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Same I coulda swore there was a map thing that showed global release an hour earlier

Jozu

Well that sucks lol I cant even return and get standard edition because I already preloaded it. Oh well I guess if I would ever spend 80 fucking dollars on a game it mine as well be on THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME LOL.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users