Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does anyone know if the spectral dudes in the underground can drop any of their weapons besides the axe?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I need to find these poison jellyfish. Hopefully they’re not from that damn cat boss thing, I left that for later, wasn’t even getting close on him…

Yeah, the poison jellyfish is SO GOOD. I wonder how many people don't use it because on the surface it seems to have pathetic DPS and is only good for pulling aggro. If it can land 5-6 shots fairly quickly, the boss is poisoned (if they're susceptible to it). A massive amount of my damage against Margit was poison, ticking away while the boss stood around mugging.

Just defeated the second major boss? Godrick. That fight was total bullshit and I ended up having to summon to do it after numerous losses. One of the people I summoned was named Donald Trump, hilarious.

Anyone know if the Golden Halberd (30 str, 14 dex, 12 faith req) or the Grafted Blade Greatsword (40 str, 14 dex req) are good enough to be worth speccing for/using? I'm still using the Bastard Sword I've been using since like hour 2.

Protip for anyone still early in the game: Found a decent farming spot. East of Castleward Tunnel (Margit bonfire), past Stormhill Shack and Warmaster Shack, is Saintsbridge. There's one big dude who spawns on that bridge and he's really easy to beat. Drops 1x Sanctuary Stone every time and around 300 souls, which is pretty good considering it's an easy fight and right next to the bonfire to respawn him. He also drops blacksmith shards about 1/10th of the time which is a nice perk. Only level 1 stones, unfortunately.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Found Godrick finally but in the process managed to lose tons of souls being a noob falling off ledges and shit lmao. Oh hey on my way back to my 8k souls turns right quickly on accident aaaaahhhhhhhhh SPLAT!$! He doesn't seem all that difficult but I've only been to the second phase twice so far and am calling it a night. Might have to go farm a bit as my dmg is lacking.

I've basically gained almost no levels since I left Margit lol. Currently using a Longsword +2, don't really think I should waste mats on this thing but don't know what else to use. Started off as a Prophet but outside of getting a fireball I'm just sword and boarding 90% of the time.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Rajaah Rajaah the golden halberd is wrecking shit for me at +2. So much so that I farmed giant alley a few rounds of hilariously easy jousting for 6k souls per 5 min or so.

Cliff southeast of the war guy shack on storm hill.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I did a few levels at the 2nd to last portal from rodrick. Theres like 10+ dudes that all start with their back to you and half are on machines so they wont assist. Theres a camp right there too so you can chug your potion and reset after you clear. its like ~3k a clear

Where is this place exactly? I don't know if I've even met Rodrick.

Morne Castle also has a few enemies with their back to you when you go up the elevator. They DO assist though so you can really only pick off one of them. I ended up sticking to that one giant on the bridge for a bit when I needed an extra couple levels, but now it's too slow.

Downed Godrick earlier this morning. He's a joke (because he's so slow) compared to Margit.

Unfortunately, I found a spot where I net 4400 xp every 1.5 minutes. It's too good. Location is Farum Greatbridge just southeast of Bestial Sanctum

I found Godrick way harder than Margit. It was super hard to get in there and do damage, since I have zero range damage.

I just managed to find a pretty fucking sweet longsword off a random trash armored soldier mobs near the gate entrance.

The greatsword or broadsword in the big black wagon thing is 16 str req, and as a dirty wretch I couldnt use it, but the longsword is 10 10 req.

Holy shit does it make the game way more enjoyable than dumb club. The club is pretty good but the sword just fucking rapes with 2 hand stance and square up. Also got a pair of mail legs and some chainmail gauntlets, not naked anymore. Feelsgoodman.

edit: Do the chests like the one in the wagon drop different items for everyone? Or are the items similar in stats but diff types?

I think the chest items are the same for everybody. I keep getting stuff I can't use yet so I don't think it's customized.

Im at like 31 str, 21 dex and its still not good enough on +4 lance.

Need more of those smithing stone (2)s

Smithing Stone (2) seems weirdly rare, I have a bunch of 1 and 3 and not enough 2. Also haven't found any of the gravemoss or whatever that upgrades the summons, want to beef up the jellyfish ASAP if I can. I need to find some catacombs.

I'm looking for a speedy Blades of Mercy type weapon if anything like that exists. Probably not, but lemme know if you find something like that. I got excited when I defeated the boss in this gaol teleporter and it dropped what looked like a BOM, but it was a greatsword.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
When you guys are saying "souls" in the context of this game, you mean "runes" correct?

Quick addition: I played a few hours, started as a Vagabond, figuring I could move into whatever I liked, and I really regret not starting as a caster. Died a fair amount vaguely following a "Pick up all this stuff without combat" video, but man, that guy either got lucky or cleared the map previously and went back through. The mount vanished at the way too quick, I thought: He's already dead, spectral mount, not "hint of damage mount"; the Tall Bois bellow could knock me off from range with easy, making me foot paste fodder on more than one occasion. Sky wolves air drop, thanks Devs. Lots of dudes making videos must also have that item that limits fall damage, because I seemed to die falling ALOT. Still learning the limits, I guess. Did open the map up all the way to swamp. Map seems smaller than I imagined but still super dense.

Now I am wondering if I should start over or just adapt my level 10 vaga-build into a caster.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have to seriously not touch youtube outside of incognito browsers for a while. Its nonstop Elden Ring posts of "BECOME OP WITH THIS LOL."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Is anyone playing a ranged/caster build and if so how are they? Thinking about trying one.

Blueweed

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When you get ported to beastial dude the first bon fire nesr the bridge(dragon patrol) has tons of people looking to be summoned. U can get in groups to farm the route and nets u around 18 to 20k soul easy. A +1 goldberg should oneshot bs each mob when you get a hang of it. Route is nicely spaced out when u note the spawns.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I escaped the poison swamp for now and killed that Dragon. Need to find where his heart is supposed to go later. The horse based fights are pretty easy.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the poison jellyfish is SO GOOD. I wonder how many people don't use it because on the surface it seems to have pathetic DPS and is only good for pulling aggro. If it can land 5-6 shots fairly quickly, the boss is poisoned (if they're susceptible to it). A massive amount of my damage against Margit was poison, ticking away while the boss stood around mugging.

Just defeated the second major boss? Godrick. That fight was total bullshit and I ended up having to summon to do it after numerous losses. One of the people I summoned was named Donald Trump, hilarious.

Anyone know if the Golden Halberd (30 str, 14 dex, 12 faith req) or the Grafted Blade Greatsword (40 str, 14 dex req) are good enough to be worth speccing for/using? I'm still using the Bastard Sword I've been using since like hour 2.

Protip for anyone still early in the game: Found a decent farming spot. East of Castleward Tunnel (Margit bonfire), past Stormhill Shack and Warmaster Shack, is Saintsbridge. There's one big dude who spawns on that bridge and he's really easy to beat. Drops 1x Sanctuary Stone every time and around 300 souls, which is pretty good considering it's an easy fight and right next to the bonfire to respawn him. He also drops blacksmith shards about 1/10th of the time which is a nice perk. Only level 1 stones, unfortunately.
I’m one who feels like it kinda sucks, I’ve never seen it poison anyone. I use it because it usually lasts the longest in a fight since it’s not getting in melee range. Maybe if there were two so the poison would trigger before the fights over I’d think it was cool. Or even if it triggered a little easier. Is there a way to upgrade the summons?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wonder what the most runes someone has lost when they died lol?

Saw a youtube vid of a dude who got splattered and lost 28k.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So..... 17 hours in on the PS5.... and.... I kinda wanna go a different route. I know I can respec later in the game somehow, but I wanna go far more focus on faith / mind.

And I know later on down the line, I absolutely want the PC version.

So why not now!?

Double dip done, downloading PC version. Done my part to make them make a sequel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Can someone tell me how to use incantations? I found a poison weapon one And I have the stats for it and the finger charm.

But it's always greyed out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am not even able to equip finger on left... Wut.
Juke Box Guitar GIF by George Michael

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users