Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got that one. Not sure how many there are but I think I’ve hit three so far. The poison swamp one was pretty horrible as I had a lot of souls on me at the time lol. I managed to sprint the fuck around til I found a site. That was the worst trap, but it was so brutal I laughed out loud thinking of how the devs must’ve been shit grinning when they made it.
I lost 10k souls to that bullshit shitfuck cockbag asswhore trap.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I got a melee to high 30s in about 30 hours, and I got a sorcerer to low 50s in 8 hours - before I nerfed my own XP camp

Sorcerer seems hilariously OP, I staggered Magrit twice before she went to second phase, it wasn't even a fight.

How to be retardudly OP in a few hours, along with being able to farm 150 - 200k runes / hour, in a pretty satisfying way:

- upgrade your potions (both charges and max refill), there is a youtube vid on it, I got mine to 7 (8?) charges and +4 in a good hour. You don't need to fight anything for this.
- get the meteorite staff (S-tier int scaling) and the Rock Sling spell. The staff boosts Rock sling (its a gravity spell), which is a great spell since it actually allows you to do tons of DPS in a short time on single targets + it does physical damage, so enemies with 100% MR won't be an issue, and I don't think there are enemies that are immune to physical

Here comes the good bit:
- use the above stuff to get to around 30 int and 20 mind.
- go to Fort Faroth
- find the big white dragon (its extremely close to the waypoint), with the smaller black dragons around him
- proceed to make a jellyfish or skeleton summon (i prefer the skellies since they respawn, which is handy) and start on your first black dragon. I always started with the one that is on the right side from the sleepy white dragon, when standing behind its tail and looking towards its head
- with the setup you have, you should be able to easily blast 1 dragon to death. 3-4 rock slings will stagger it, which is a good time to drink a potion, make sure you are targetting the head, and continue spamming rock sling
- each dragon is 3480 runes, as you increase int / mind, your killrate will go up

The important bit:
- each time you kill a black dragon, the white dude loses hp. When you kill the last one he either dies, or has like .3hp. This will disable the black dragons spawning, though you do get 70k runes for the white guy - which totally isn't worth it. This camp is far superior to every fucking one posted on youtube.

Unsure if I'll restart the game and try farming the black dragons for some ridiculous level.

This was a lot of fun. Killing dragons as fodder really gives a sense of power.

My melee dude and his +7 greatsword ain't got shit on the sorcerer. Fucking sucks but it is what it is. Doubt he could even kill a single black dragon, while the sorcerer could easily do 5 at mid 40s.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only downside to Elden Ring is it crippled my FoH forum progression. I haven't been able to farm as many reactions posting memes in the Ukraine thread

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Goonsquad Officer
Ah yes, the answer to playing sorcery is look up all the gear guides on the internet and death rush to pick up all the items it needs to not be complete shit.

Well done folks, you've solved sorcery.
Heh real talk, I don't tend to play a sorc the first go. I do it with more knowledge

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I lost 10k souls to that bullshit shitfuck cockbag asswhore trap.
It is extra trollbag devs who make it so you can't just teleport back to where you were after too.

Total cocksucker design lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It is extra trollbag devs who make it so you can't just teleport back to where you were after too.

Total cocksucker design lol.
Yeah that one it ported me and I was like oh fuck all these runes on me! Then I was like eh fuck it I’ll fight my way out I guess…first mob and I hit him for like 0.5% of his health and i just laugh…you mother fuckers! Running full speed it is then!

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you are like 20+ hours in like some of us I recommend watching the Vaatividya 10 things in the early game video because I missed 5 of them somehow despite going around those areas multiple times.
The flow I've settled in is to wander to each location, "clear" it, and then check https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Interactive+Map to see if I've missed anything. It got tiring trying to be thorough in each area, knowing that you might be missing a high-value Smithing Stone, weapon etc. There's still a ton of stuff I'm finding outside of Limgrave that aren't on the map of course.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I got a melee to high 30s in about 30 hours, and I got a sorcerer to low 50s in 8 hours - before I nerfed my own XP camp

Sorcerer seems hilariously OP, I staggered Magrit twice before she went to second phase, it wasn't even a fight.

How to be retardudly OP in a few hours, along with being able to farm 150 - 200k runes / hour, in a pretty satisfying way:

- upgrade your potions (both charges and max refill), there is a youtube vid on it, I got mine to 7 (8?) charges and +4 in a good hour. You don't need to fight anything for this.
- get the meteorite staff (S-tier int scaling) and the Rock Sling spell. The staff boosts Rock sling (its a gravity spell), which is a great spell since it actually allows you to do tons of DPS in a short time on single targets + it does physical damage, so enemies with 100% MR won't be an issue, and I don't think there are enemies that are immune to physical

Here comes the good bit:
- use the above stuff to get to around 30 int and 20 mind.
- go to Fort Faroth
- find the big white dragon (its extremely close to the waypoint), with the smaller black dragons around him
- proceed to make a jellyfish or skeleton summon (i prefer the skellies since they respawn, which is handy) and start on your first black dragon. I always started with the one that is on the right side from the sleepy white dragon, when standing behind its tail and looking towards its head
- with the setup you have, you should be able to easily blast 1 dragon to death. 3-4 rock slings will stagger it, which is a good time to drink a potion, make sure you are targetting the head, and continue spamming rock sling
- each dragon is 3480 runes, as you increase int / mind, your killrate will go up

The important bit:
- each time you kill a black dragon, the white dude loses hp. When you kill the last one he either dies, or has like .3hp. This will disable the black dragons spawning, though you do get 70k runes for the white guy - which totally isn't worth it. This camp is far superior to every fucking one posted on youtube.

Unsure if I'll restart the game and try farming the black dragons for some ridiculous level.

This was a lot of fun. Killing dragons as fodder really gives a sense of power.

My melee dude and his +7 greatsword ain't got shit on the sorcerer. Fucking sucks but it is what it is. Doubt he could even kill a single black dragon, while the sorcerer could easily do 5 at mid 40s.
I'm kinda considering respeccing once that unlocks to something like a spellsword or maybe fully caster I dunno. I'm currently using a str build now with a greatsword and it's fine, but this is such a huge game it'd be nice to try different options.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you kill that bear in Lingrave near the Evergaol on the southside of the area he drops the respec item. I found it randomly last night. They appear to be consumable one time use so you have to go hunting for drops I guess that provide them.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If you kill that bear in Lingrave near the Evergaol on the southside of the area he drops the respec item. I found it randomly last night. They appear to be consumable one time use so you have to go hunting for drops I guess that provide them.
There was one big ass bear I found by following some ghost down a trail, that one? He was fairly easy as it was stuck in some ruins so he couldn’t move around a lot. I found an overworld bear down the path from the big stagecoach and I have no idea wtf it came from. I cleared the entire area then that mother fucker climbed the cliffs, scared the shit out of me then pushed my shit in. Same with the bear I found in a cave. I fought them thinking they wouldn’t be too bad like the ruins bear and got wrecked quickly instead.

Anyone know wtf the footprint things that move around real quick are? Found some on a beech making a triangle shape, no idea wth to do with them, tried following their pattern and nothing. Found another set in the swamp but didn’t bother trying to figure those out, too busy running for my life.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There was one big ass bear I found by following some ghost down a trail, that one? He was fairly easy as it was stuck in some ruins so he couldn’t move around a lot. I found an overworld bear down the path from the big stagecoach and I have no idea wtf it came from. I cleared the entire area then that mother fucker climbed the cliffs, scared the shit out of me then pushed my shit in. Same with the bear I found in a cave. I fought them thinking they wouldn’t be too bad like the ruins bear and got wrecked quickly instead.

Anyone know wtf the footprint things that move around real quick are? Found some on a beech making a triangle shape, no idea wth to do with them, tried following their pattern and nothing. Found another set in the swamp but didn’t bother trying to figure those out, too busy running for my life.
No its not in the Mistwood area its right south of the Lake where the Dragon was. But its disguised or some shit IDK. If you kill those zombies it pops out of a smoke cloud.

Also those footprint things are invisible beetles rolling a goodie. Stand in it and kill it when it comes around and they drop ashes or something good.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This game is going to give him so much content. Can't wait till he finally does the story summary video so I can actually know what the story is.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No its not in the Mistwood area its right south of the Lake where the Dragon was. But its disguised or some shit IDK. If you kill those zombies it pops out of a smoke cloud.

Also those footprint things are invisible beetles rolling a goodie. Stand in it and kill it when it comes around and they drop ashes or something good.
Wtf, I even tried swinging at it. Must’ve just been shit timing.

Now, if only I remembered where they were.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

There's one in the poison swamp right next to the exit of the Fuck You caves full of cockroaches.

There's another on the beach directly west of the starting tutorial area.

You have to really lead out in front of the footprints to hit them, but it only takes one hit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

from software e3 GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
there's quite a few mini-quests that require you to swing at something with no guidance that it's the right choice. There's one that
says something about three wise things and you have to hunt down three tortoises and kill them.
. It's a little obnoxious because you don't know if you're permanently failing the quest or just doing it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
there's quite a few mini-quests that require you to swing at something with no guidance that it's the right choice. There's one that
says something about three wise things and you have to hunt down three tortoises and kill them.
. It's a little obnoxious because you don't know if you're permanently failing the quest or just doing it.
I found that quest and killed two. Couldn’t find the third.

Also, I feel like that about nearly every quest since they’re all so vague and cryptic. Do I let this person live or kill them? Hand someone an item or not? No idea! FROM quests.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea that's been a dark souls things since the beginning.

Oh oops i didn't talk to this NPC specifically after doing X thing but before doing Y, questline permanently fucked unless I start a new game etc.