Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
There’s nothing down there, I looked. The other ball gives the same amount of runes, it’s the ball itself. Now why it has to land in a certain area to work, no idea.

Interesting, that is weird the ball has to go off at a certain point to give the runes. Just assumed it had to hit the right spot to kill some mobs.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's more likely that it's either too far away when it dies or it's not dying at all if it doesnt drop in the right spot to do fatal damage

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's more likely that it's either too far away when it dies or it's not dying at all if it doesnt drop in the right spot to do fatal damage
It’s just disintegrating in mid air whether it’s the right area or not, it doesn’t really hit anything. It’s a “launch into the abyss” type of death.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I try not to read this thread much cause of spoilers but two things

This game has realized how much older age has buttfucked my "learning the right button flow" muscle memory. It's taking me so much longer to get gud.

Also, is there a fix for that PC stuttering? It's really fucking annoying.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Got hit with a trap that sent me all the way up to the Divine Bridge Golem. At least there was a nice hp regen amulet up there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I try not to read this thread much cause of spoilers but two things

This game has realized how much older age has buttfucked my "learning the right button flow" muscle memory. It's taking me so much longer to get gud.

Also, is there a fix for that PC stuttering? It's really fucking annoying.
Yeah my muscle memory is shit on this game. Sometimes I go to dodge and I hit the fucking jump button. Something’s going to swing and hit wrong trigger. Idk why I can’t muscle memory this game very well after so many hours.

Run in windowed full screen.

There are also a few quick things to try. I did windowfull screen and the fixes listed in this link and my stuttering is completely gone. Game runs flawlessly now for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There's no way this game is under 100 hours if you even attempt at all to discover shit on the side.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There's no way this game is under 100 hours if you even attempt at all to discover shit on the side.
I’m sure I’ll be over 100, but I suck. Some like Hatorade Hatorade will probably be done soon. I haven’t seen him offline since it came out lol

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This game has me sucked in unlike dark souls games. I would give up on dark souls because ii was fuck I don't need to deal with this because I suck. I'm pushing through with this one because of the environment and story. Is there a way to see how many times you've died? I fell like I'm around 200 deaths now

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The trap I hit sent me to a poison swamp. Your mileage may vary :mad:

It was to a cave inside a poison swamp and since I had read above about the meteorite staff after I cleared it and got a grace I went out and nabbed the staff as well. Still think the spells I'm using are garbage however.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I can't remember the last game that had me this obsessed, I'm literally at work and wishing I could play right now. Still haven't even started exploring the 2nd area yet, killed like 5 or 6 optional bosses in Limgrave and I am sure I haven't done 50% of this area's content.

Game of the Decade for sure, my only hope is whatever DLC releases includes a full new area like these to explore in.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The non linear nature combined with hand crafted areas (rather than proceedural shit) and encounters gives this game the same feeling I had the first time I played FO3. Go off to do one thing, but get sucked into exploring and being side tracked constantly. Great game that appeals to casuals and hardcores alike. Wife is already watching me play and contemplating dumping her Horizon FW game for this and she never liked a souls game ever.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The non linear nature combined with hand crafted areas (rather than proceedural shit) and encounters gives this game the same feeling I had the first time I played FO3. Go off to do one thing, but get sucked into exploring and being side tracked constantly. Great game that appeals to casuals and hardcores alike. Wife is already watching me play and contemplating dumping her Horizon FW game for this and she never liked a souls game ever.
Whoever said that, assuming you go in somewhat blind, it is like a late 90s MUD pretty much nailed it. That is totally how the spirit of the game feels.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep, first game in a long time where I went some where and explored an area just because it looked cool, not because some NPC with an exclamation point over his head put a map marker on my HUD that I B-lined too instead of ignoring everything I went by

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I’m sure I’ll be over 100, but I suck. Some like Hatorade Hatorade will probably be done soon. I haven’t seen him offline since it came out lol
Like twice now I thought I was near the end but I want to complete the quests I started. Some are adding an easy 5-10 hours to the exploration times.

Speed runs of this are going to blow my mind.

No spoilers but for example I found what appears to be an important item in a secret area of a secret area past some shit I didn’t think was even some shit. This was like 15 hours ago and zero mention of it or what it will do yet...

• 1Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lul, still can't find any [5] Sombers, have a bunch of [6] now. Haven't found anything to upgrade my phantoms either. I've explored a ton of the world now and part of me wants some sort of guide just to tell me what I'm "supposed" to do next to sort of move things along a bit.
Yeah, I have some [9]'s so I think somber just uses a new stone for every tier all the way to +10. Haven't actually upgraded a 'special' weapon yet, but after finding the Moonveil katana last night I think I'm going to switch up my build to dex/int and see how well it does compared to a keen uchi.

Spirit ash upgrade stuff is in every "catacomb", they're the green and white flowers (grave/ghost glovewort).

Just exploring works great for me. I've got practically the whole map uncovered and still haven't killed anything major besides Margit.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Summoned ashes spoilers
So all of them so far cost FP, found one that costs 660HP to cast and it copies yourself at a % of your stats it seems. I just got it to +8 and it is doing roughly 80% of my damage, it uses equipped spells as well so you can make a healer etc. I got mine to stack bleeds and do damage. Very cool.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there any point to upgrading a shield if you aren't doing some sort of meme build where you deal damage with it? I was hoping guard boost would go up but it doesn't look like it does.

• 1Like