Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Rajaah Rajaah I've been using that Golden Halberd and I like it but its lack of an immediate sweep attack makes me carry a broadsword as well for when I have multiple assholes up on me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You mentioned before that it used healing spells. Did you try to have a "mimic" build / gear set that you switch to, summon a spirit and then switch to your main build? I'm already wishing I had gearsets in this game, switching to my mounted set vs ground set is a minor inconvenience for the min/maxer
Not to that extreme but will try it once I switch to a faith build.

Seamstress spoilers
So rat man AKA dobby was living life doing my alterations, I made his day when I gave him the golden needle, then I granted his wish to be reborn by giving him a larva, he comes back beautiful and pale skinned but a dullard, then dies... COME ON! Next run I will not give him the ability to be reborn or maybe if I say don't call me lord or something he doesn't wish for it and pursues his love instead of service of me.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Rajaah Rajaah I've been using that Golden Halberd and I like it but its lack of an immediate sweep attack makes me carry a broadsword as well for when I have multiple assholes up on me.
Weapons like the lucerne are godly for horse combat, the double swing wrecks.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Weapons like the lucerne are godly for horse combat, the double swing wrecks.
I want to try a polearm before respecing, what's a good halberd for someone with 40str, 14dex, 10faith and 10 int? I don't mind boosting my faith a couple points for the golden halberd, but not sure if I should farm and upgrade something else.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Gold Halberd has been great for me so far. Since I already had it and its easy to get. There is undoubted something better out there somewhere but meh about just googling "lol best Halberd" and going to get it.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Margit down at lvl 25 stats so far are 21 str/18vig/15end. I did use summons though. Not sure what I should keep investing in. Playing a wretch I'm kinda lost on where to go with my build. I think I'm going to start pursuing a Paladin/Summoner build which sounds fun. After reading some y'all's posts I think I'm gimping myself. I'm using the great sword +1 that you find in the first human camp. I should build it up more but was I hoping to find something better. I wonder how much easier that fight would of been with a few more levels of damage.

This misconception about Elden Ring "Classes" is something I keep seeing amongst the new guys.

Elden Ring and Dark Souls don't have Class systems. Every character is the same "class," Tarnished(Hollow). The thing you choose at the start, Wretch, Astrologer, Samurai, Prophet, etc. Those are simply different starting points. They all feed into the same destination, though. The fact you picked Wretch no longer has any bearing on your character, now that you're level 25 wielding whatever you're wielding. Your road getting there was simply harder because you started in a diaper with a stick. To use a totally faggy real-life example, it's like socio-economic background. Anyone can do anything, their starting points and paths to getting there are just different.

Astrologer starts with a staff, some clothes, and a spell... but it's still Tarnished and can do whatever the fuck he wants, pump strength and wield a giant 2-hander if he wants
Samurai starts with a katana, some sweet armor, and a bow... but it's still Tarnished, and can do whatever the fuck he wants, pump int/faith and dual wield spell catalysts if he wants
Wretch starts with a diaper and a club... but it's still Tarnished, and can do whatever the fuck he wants, have the biggest balls because he started at level 1 with a diaper, etc

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I haven't got that far buuuut...

There's a sorcerer in Liurnia who says you need a Glintstone Key to open up the sealed doors if that is what you mean? I haven't found it yet but I am sure I'll come across it later. He said that the Hogwarts academy sealed their shit since the Shattering and is begging you for a key should you find an extra one. Selia the sorcerer was expelled from there. Raya Lucaria or whatever.

Underdark is accessible through a little building in the mistwood on the way to Fort Haight with a 2 minute elevator ride straight down. You can't fast travel to the bonfires down there but you can fast travel to the bonfires within the Underdark if you're in it. I found 2 bonfires down there so far. It's directly on the road you cannot possibly miss it.

spoiler to find what you're talking about

If you head up to the main entrance to Raya Lucaria, you should find a corpse(?) with an item that's a map of a "meeting place" to get a key. It points you to the west down in the lake area, there's a huge dragon guarding the glintstone key. The map is an item in your inventory that has a picture, similar to paintings.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Margit down at lvl 25 stats so far are 21 str/18vig/15end. I did use summons though. Not sure what I should keep investing in. Playing a wretch I'm kinda lost on where to go with my build. I think I'm going to start pursuing a Paladin/Summoner build which sounds fun. After reading some y'all's posts I think I'm gimping myself. I'm using the great sword +1 that you find in the first human camp. I should build it up more but was I hoping to find something better. I wonder how much easier that fight would of been with a few more levels of damage.
The only thing you're gimping yourself with is not upgrading your great sword. If you like the moveset you can keep upgrading virtually any weapon and it'll be perfectly fine until you get the ability to respec. All low-grade smithing stones can be farmed, so don't hoard them.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Wow, I might actually switch weapons. As OP as the Golden Halberd is, this looks incredibly fun. Have 50 Str and 14 Dex so I'll need to give it an ash that makes it Str scale, but other than that it should work out pretty decently. The GH is a little on the slow side and this is the polar opposite so the only question is whether I can pump the damage up.

Is Blood Loss / Hemorrhage a DoT like poison or an insta-kill like when enemies do it?

It's neither, it's a set amount of hp loss each time your bleed meter fills up. The amount of hp loss is most certainly not an instant kill, for you OR the enemies, and it's possible it varies depending on the weapon that's applying the bleed but I'm not sure.

I've been bled by those imp faggots in the catacombs so many times, it just does ~1/3 of my hp bar, so ~150hp.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tuco:
I want to try a polearm before respecing, what's a good halberd for someone with 40str, 14dex, 10faith and 10 int? I don't mind boosting my faith a couple points for the golden halberd, but not sure if I should farm and upgrade something else.
Honestly the Lucerne is great, you can make it heavy, there is also the Commanders standard if you want an AoE buff.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Go back though because after the Aqueducts you get another massive area which leads to another and another etc.

question about something in the underdark

Any idea what that huge empty area in the southeast with some kind of beast lying possibly-dead? The title of the area lends me to believe it's like the ghost-barbarian dudes worship the beast or something? But I couldn't find anything to do other than ride around and smack it to make blood fly everywhere

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Any idea what that huge empty area in the southeast with some kind of beast lying possibly-dead? The title of the area lends me to believe it's like the ghost-barbarian dudes worship the beast or something? But I couldn't find anything to do other than ride around and smack it to make blood fly everywhere
Set the pillars on fire.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Notice how every time you light one of the runed pillars around the area it lights up on the stairs? Try lighting all eight

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, fuck the ghost barbian archers with the super charge arrows with 5000 foot range and aim bot

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I really love their design decision to divorce spell slots from character stats. These memory crystal items are a pretty elegant way of handling spell slots. Start with 2, find items to increase it up to 10. Fuck the "attunement" stat they used to have in DS1-3. Such a great change.

The ring/talisman slots growing from 1 to 4 across your journey is also really sweet. Honestly the character progression just feels really good in this game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
This misconception about Elden Ring "Classes" is something I keep seeing amongst the new guys.

Elden Ring and Dark Souls don't have Class systems. Every character is the same "class," Tarnished(Hollow). The thing you choose at the start, Wretch, Astrologer, Samurai, Prophet, etc. Those are simply different starting points. They all feed into the same destination, though. The fact you picked Wretch no longer has any bearing on your character, now that you're level 25 wielding whatever you're wielding. Your road getting there was simply harder because you started in a diaper with a stick. To use a totally faggy real-life example, it's like socio-economic background. Anyone can do anything, their starting points and paths to getting there are just different.

Astrologer starts with a staff, some clothes, and a spell... but it's still Tarnished and can do whatever the fuck he wants, pump strength and wield a giant 2-hander if he wants
Samurai starts with a katana, some sweet armor, and a bow... but it's still Tarnished, and can do whatever the fuck he wants, pump int/faith and dual wield spell catalysts if he wants
Wretch starts with a diaper and a club... but it's still Tarnished, and can do whatever the fuck he wants, have the biggest balls because he started at level 1 with a diaper, etc
Agreed 100%. And I only chose Wretch because a first playthrough is the only time you get to find shit so its really the only way to make everything you find initially viable at least temporarily. I also like that the stats are all at 10 so I can spec as I want from the beginning.

Definitely not good enough at these games to sling my dick around, but now that Im sitting at around 25 vigor and 30 str I do finally feel less vulnerable. That is, until some random vampire bat picks me up and one-shots me! 😁

2nd playthrough is probably going to be a dex / faith hybrid of some sort but I still have plenty of time to figure it out.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really love their design decision to divorce spell slots from character stats. These memory crystal items are a pretty elegant way of handling spell slots. Start with 2, find items to increase it up to 10. Fuck the "attunement" stat they used to have in DS1-3. Such a great change.

The ring/talisman slots growing from 1 to 4 across your journey is also really sweet. Honestly the character progression just feels really good in this game.
I love basically every mechanic change they made in ER relative to DS. Probably the biggest thing for me is ditching all the hallowing garbage in DS. I hated spending 99% of the time looking like a zombie.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If I'm not mistaken, its not a DoT, but its also not an instant kill, it just applies a huge chunk of damage when it gets filled.
Bleed vs. enemies is instant -20% as soon as the [invisible] meter fills. When enemies do it to you % varies by enemy type; I don't think your resist decreases the amount, only how much your meter fills per hit.

If you're running a bleed build you definitely want to try using fanged imps as your summon.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Somewhat related: I'm into neural net images as a sort of hobby and this showed up on my feed. dreams of caelid.

• 1Like