Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I want to try a polearm before respecing, what's a good halberd for someone with 40str, 14dex, 10faith and 10 int? I don't mind boosting my faith a couple points for the golden halberd, but not sure if I should farm and upgrade something else.

Golden Halberd all the way. Even if I switch to Twinblade, I'm still going to use the GH for mounted fights. As was said already, the charged double swing does massive damage on horseback.

Anyone know what's up with the Great Lift of Dectus? It looks like a random stone monument to me and there's certainly no great lift.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Golden Halberd all the way. Even if I switch to Twinblade, I'm still going to use the GH for mounted fights. As was said already, the charged double swing does massive damage on horseback.

Anyone know what's up with the Great Lift of Dectus? It looks like a random stone monument to me and there's certainly no great lift.
Do you have the two key components for it?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Is that a golden halberd thing tho? Or do all halberds have it. Will get the Lucerne and try it out the movesets with the GH I guess.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man I die from being a retard a lot.
That's my main strategy. Work really hard learning all the attack patterns, then die like a retard when I ignore all I've learned on the 30th time killing something.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The most embarrassing deaths I've had are from the mangy dogs. I'll just casually rush them, miss my attack and get stun locked to death.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Stormveil Castle
I called it quits last night when I died to the Ulcerated Tree Spirit thing like 4 times when it had 1 hit left
As is tradition I'll come back tonight and one shot it I am sure.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I want to try a polearm before respecing, what's a good halberd for someone with 40str, 14dex, 10faith and 10 int? I don't mind boosting my faith a couple points for the golden halberd, but not sure if I should farm and upgrade something else.
If you are that close to it, may as well go golden. I am somewhat early in (wandering around like a retard plus wife is monopolizing the PS5) and the vendor Halbert has been pretty solid for mounted and foot combat. I swap in the spear or katana thing situationally for some enemies. (Katana for bleed on mega resistant bosses, spear for quicker attacks or in confined areas). But really running around with a heater shield and halberd has let me explore a lot of the map and nail some lesser bosses as I encounter them (ghost boat was super easy) and I am barely pushing level 20 on a wretch. Getting the heater shield was the turning point for me when I could start demolishing a lot of enemies through guard counters.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The most embarrassing deaths I've had are from the mangy dogs. I'll just casually rush them, miss my attack and get stun locked to death.
Yeah those guys are bastards with odd timing heh. My dumbest death was before I understood how undead worked and I walked over a corpse only to have it stand up and immediately backstab me.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah those guys are bastards with odd timing heh. My dumbest death was before I understood how undead worked and I walked over a corpse only to have it stand up and immediately backstab me.
Rats...fuck rats in this game. They have endless poise and if there is more then 1 they just chain attack you.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
For me it's those stupid chucklefuck little gargoyles in a lot of tombs. They are so low to the fucking ground that my shit always misses, then they send a 14 hit combo up my asshole and bleed me to death. I've honestly had an easier time with some bosses than a room with 3 of those dick fuckers in it.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Rats...fuck rats in this game. They have endless poise and if there is more then 1 they just chain attack you.
Those fucking imps piss me off to no end too. They're like the only enemy where the Halberd is a huge detriment.

I guess they are little gargoyles or whatever. Fuck knows.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
For me it's those stupid chucklefuck little gargoyles in a lot of tombs. They are so low to the fucking ground that my shit always misses, then they send a 14 hit combo up my asshole and bleed me to death. I've honestly had an easier time with some bosses than a room with 3 of those dick fuckers in it.
Dude that fucking Burial Dog boss with the 5 gargoyles in there with him? That one pissed me off something fierce.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
yeah I take the chucklefuck gargoyles seriously everytime and am not embarrassed at all when I die to them. In addition to their mini-me hitboxes, their moveset is very agile and vicious and they dodge more than most mobs in the game. They also hide in the most insidious of locations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Their AI is impressive. When you come in with a long range attack via Halberd or something they back out at just the right second then another one hits you from the side. Or throws a knife at you.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Are you talking about the little stone dudes that have the bleed stacking knives? They're cats. I ended up with a stone hat of their head off them and it said "cat head". (They look more like gremlins.)

Best way to deal with them I found was to go slow and use a ranged item to bring them solo. If you back up a lot they'll go through the attack animation and then you can stagger the fuck out of them.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Are you talking about the little stone dudes that have the bleed stacking knives? They're cats. I ended up with a stone hat of their head off them and it said "cat head". (They look more like gremlins.)

Best way to deal with them I found was to go slow and use a ranged item to bring them solo. If you back up a lot they'll go through the attack animation and then you can stagger the fuck out of them.
Yeah, once I got fireball I don't even fuck with their bitch ass bullshit anymore. FLAME ON!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Try running jumping r2 the tracking on them is broken, you never miss including when you jump past them you 180 in a frame and slam down on anything in range.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Imps/Cats were easy for me once I got the brass shield, they stagger easy on block

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I love basically every mechanic change they made in ER relative to DS. Probably the biggest thing for me is ditching all the hallowing garbage in DS. I hated spending 99% of the time looking like a zombie.

Oh, yes for sure this. No hollowing mechanic is SUCH a good change. I've always loved how tough and punishing DS is with death, but that was the one aspect I didn't really see a point to.