Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
So. No ultrawide support lol. That's what I get for having a media embargo. Looks like I'll be playing this on console after all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
loled.jpg

first 10 min of the game.

this bodes well...

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

nu_11

my first save file gets stuck at the load screen. 100% single core usage but the game never loads

My rig is decent too. Intel 10700, RTX 2080 Ti, 2 TB NVME SSD, Windows 10

EDIT: Steam says 2 files failed to be validated during integrity check. It may just be corrupted download file

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I got 2 clubs and got my ass handed to me in the dark! I will be back coastal cave!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
60 fps hard cap on PC.. with the abundance of 120/144+ Hz monitors is just a joke. Sure the game "might" run great, in theory, but in reality, it looks like fucking shit on modern screens.

nu_11

I’m trying to fight this first open-world mini boss and goddamn the frame pacing issue is so bad. I just capped my fps at 48 hoping that will alleviate the noticeable the drops. Yes I’m using GSYNC already

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I preloaded yesterday and when I went to unpack it it just hang. I went to unpack it at a 530 left it until 630 and came back. Still hanging.

Restarted and checked if I missed any system updates, checked steam. Verified my installation... couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Reinstalling it and seeing what happens.

Lame.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
From the sound of it, whatever day 1 patch they had really screwed the pooch. I might just hold off until another patch rolls out. Don’t want to spoil the fun.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
Maybe it's just me, but that narrator in the opening cinematic seems like it was a bad choice, or rather there had to be much better picks out there. Almost sounded like he was trying way too hard. Being picky, I know, but it stood out enough for me to clearly notice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe it's just me, but that narrator in the opening cinematic seems like it was a bad choice, or rather there had to be much better picks out there. Almost sounded like he was trying way too hard. Being picky, I know, but it stood out enough for me to clearly notice.
I somewhat agree, I think it could have benefited from a bit more space (reverb/echo/delay) added to the voice in key moments. It almost seemed like it was mixed poorly against the music.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is running fine here, 3060ti on High. I do see stutters quite often in typical places. Camera felt super fast so I turned it down to 1, hardly any difference. Turned off motion blur / DoF, still feels wrong, it almost makes me feel nauseous at times.

Edit: Tempted to try the Ps5 version.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Feels so claustrophobic. Will just play it on my secondary monitor, but for such a big release what a half-assed way to support it on PC between this and the framerate cap.

1645752035157.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users