Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Welp, got a couple hours in. Unlocked the horse. Game runs fine, a little stutter here and there and the lack of ultrawide is funny but who cares.

Game controls are fine, I'm using mouse + gamepad + some pedals. The dodgeroll seems delayed by about 250ms by design, but I kinda wish the animation started instantly with the iframes being lower, whatever, anything to avoid the game feeling like

mma-fighter.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
will have to try this tomorrow.

Who knew it could be just a matter of hitting the turbo button?

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Bummer dudes, sucks to hear PC is having such bad issues. Hope they re-patch soon, thoughts and prayers.
Not being able to actually play games is just part and parcel of being a part of the pc master race.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m on 3700x, 3070. Runs pretty good for me, cpu was hovering around 40-45%. Noticible frame dips in some situations but not game breaking, haven’t tried tweaking anything, will tomorrow. Fun stuff, they somehow managed to make a big open world but still bust your balls like a more restricted souls game. Horse is fun, it’s great when you can land a big swing on a big group of mobs.

Sucks it’s not running well for some people, hopefully they address it quickly.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Welp, got a couple hours in. Unlocked the horse. Game runs fine, a little stutter here and there and the lack of ultrawide is funny but who cares.

Game controls are fine, I'm using mouse + gamepad + some pedals. The dodgeroll seems delayed by about 250ms by design, but I kinda wish the animation started instantly with the iframes being lower, whatever, anything to avoid the game feeling like

mma-fighter.gif
Pedals?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game randomly crashes for me. Just like Lost Ark did. Something to do with Easy Anti Cheat.

Updated mobo, CPU, GPU, and verified cache. Still crashes.

Hundreds of other complaints about the same thing in the forums.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

mma-fighter.gif

That gif is hysterical, I can't imagine how much energy that guy blew on those unnecessary rolls.

I'm not surprised that the game is getting trashed a bit so far, people set their expectations on the goddamn moon. Also not surprised that the PC version has problems. PS5 all the way for me, gonna start it in a minute and a half. Can't say I've ever camped a release screen before.

• 2Like

nu_11

Games amazing stop whining.

Performance should be patched or get better over time. Has anyone tried playing offline to see if that helps?
games amazing but performance is ass.

i get frame drops to 30 fps fighting the lone mini-boss in the first open world area. literally it's just me and him and i get dips

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
running great on my series X. Dunno exact FPS but didn't notice any drops or issues in 1 hour, but I do have VRR turned on so it should smooth things out. Getting physical on PS5 tomorrow so I can sorta compare the two.

Usual dark souls experience for me, first friendly NPC I encounter I attack to see what he does. 1 shots me and he is perma hostile to me now. Guess I'm restarting.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

nu_11

games amazing but performance is ass.

i get frame drops to 30 fps fighting the lone mini-boss in the first open world area. literally it's just me and him and i get dips

speaking of the first open world mini-boss i was 1 hit away from kill him -.- here (using my lv.1 broadsword)
treehorseboss.jpg

but in the next 2 tries I got him! and this is his loot
treehorseloot.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220225_003030.jpg

Making a hot chick is not easy in this game, but I managed it. Large majority of the "Type B" bodies/faces (especially the faces) are more masculine than the dudes are.

Last edited:
  • 2Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Made it to Main Cara Manor before I realised I must have missed something...
All of stormveil castle. Oops.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Making a hot chick is not easy in this game, but I managed it. Large majority of the "Type B" bodies/faces (especially the faces) are more masculine than the dudes are.

I maxed out the tits slider and they're still like B-cups wtf

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
No complaints on ps5 so far. Gorgeous, smooth, and responsive.
Question though: I set the game to launch in offline mode, but I see bloodstains, messages, and ghosts running around everywhere. Can I not disable all that junk? I want a clean looking single player experience.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Steam reviews down to "mixed". People getting mad and think it is "review bombing". It is no Cyberpunk day 1 but it is pretty bad launch. :D

The ~1.5 hours I played seemed decent but refunded because chain crashing despite having latest drivers on every piece of hardware and Windows. If the game actually runs decent you are lucky. Zero games or apps ever crash on this system except that which uses Easy Anti Cheat.

Also whoever signed off on the PC mouse/KB interface lol? o_O

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Shmoopy

Anecdotal obviously, but one crash that rebooted my PC, it re-started and the PC didn't recognize my mouse. I had to unplug and replug the mouse for Windows to recognize it again.

How incompetent can your programmers be to cause crashes that invalidate hardware? WTF. o_O