Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure yet, found a shield that causes madness, going to pair it with a scarlet rot weapon and freak some PvPs out. If upgrades increases build up then worth it.

Speaking of has anyone found an item that clear rot yet?
Preserving Boluses from Armorer's Cookbook 6. Forget where I found it, but fextralife says it's down in the river on some corpse.

Let me know if you see any increase to guard boost, that's all I really care about on a shield.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Alright I know that before the game dropped there was a lot of concern about the 30 hour length. Have the last few days dispelled that at all or do we think even with side quests and exploration it will come out around 30?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Alright I know that before the game dropped there was a lot of concern about the 30 hour length. Have the last few days dispelled that at all or do we think even with side quests and exploration it will come out around 30?

Not concerned at all. And I'll leave it at that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Hey so I was screwing around in the Selia town area and I was able to light one of the torches, without spoiling anything how the hell am I supposed to know what door unsealed?

I did end up stumbling on another duo boss and I JUST scraped by, got another faith sword and some glintstaff.

I HATE those ghosts, so annoying how they show a caster in the distance just to have 2-3 sword bastards show up and own my shit stun-lock style. Still a blast though, load times on PS5 are next to instant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

That has to be one of the biggest lies told so far. I remember that video where he said he thought the average playthrough of just doing the main quest line would take 30-40 hours, and Im here to say there is no fucking way. There is no way an average player, let alone a new player, can finish the main story line in 40 hours - mainly because the game is level based, and for newer players the best way to beat content is to overlevel for it, and you are only doing that exploring and killing shit outside the main story line. I can safely say if you plan on exploring and not rushing through the game you will spend 60-80 hours in this game easily.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
141414321.png

I have a long way to go.

• 1Like

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
I'm at around 30 hours and I've only killed the first of the six main bosses.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah pretty sure that guy was intentionally sandbagging so as to “underpromise, overdeliver.” Even on my subsequent play throughs, I’m not sure I’d be able to manage a 30 hour clear. I’m at 45-50 hours and I’m maaaaaybe halfway through the content?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think the main story would be 30 hours if you knew where everything was in advance.

• 2Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck Raya Lucaria is fucking bullshit. Giving me shades of Dark Souls 2 ambush squad nonsense.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s so far off it’s hilarious. As one guy posted above, he’s 35 hours in and just beat the first main boss. I’m 25 hours in, beat the first boss maybe at 17 hours. Hatorade Hatorade is much better at these than I am, he’s 60 hours in and doesn’t even have half the achievements (not necessarily a measure of progress but bosses do give them) and hasn’t beat it yet.

The interview that concerned people, the guy said 30 hours if you only did the main quest, and dozens of hours of side content. Only doing the main quest is going to be for very good players only I think. You’d be going through difficult content with low levels if you did that. I know I couldn’t do that, I had to go level up a bunch to beat the first main boss.

With side quests and exploration it’s probably more like a 100-150 hour game, not 30.

• 2Like

Goonsquad Officer
You hugged some broad. Use the item she gave you that increases poise. Once the buff wears off, so will her debuff. Go back for unlimited hugs if you want!
How good is the poise buff? Is it up the whole time you are debuffed? Or is it a clicky temp thing

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Some folks asked for my info on my goofy ass setup so I created the below diagram. Basic principle is simple: mouse in right hand for pointing camera, gamepad in left hand for controlling character movement, pedals for actions with "hold" behavior like sprinting or guarding. Pedals are poor for precision or reaction time, so I keep dodge and guard on button presses too.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/9qDJWCa.jpg
9qDJWCa.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4WTF
  • 4Worf
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 11 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
30 hours would be a respectable normie speed run, like someone on their third playthrough casually seeing how quickly they could beat the game. Especially if they didn't use any of the ez rune-farming techniques.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Lmao I'm on 70 hours and have killed exactly "two" rune bosses. I'm looking at 100+ easily

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Killed people doing invasions all day. Back to back to back invades.

• 2Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Definitely not letting this one end for 100+ hours. Going to let the ghosts in Selia Town rape the fuck out of me until I finish that area and then find another blank area without Graces to explore. Gonna be 30+ hours in Limgrave alone Id guess, already up to 21 hours I believe.

Other game developers really need to take note: Not everyone is going to click with this game, but I guarantee Souls Veterans are all in heaven currently like me, and it has potential to bring in a lot more fans for future titles. So glad they under-promised and over-delivered, this is a fucking masterpiece in my opinion.

• 2Like