Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you summon alexander for fire giant you won't be able to mount up FYI

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm guessing trying to take Margit down at 11 is a bad idea.

Struggling to think where to go if I don't take him down though. The other side of the map has that edgy red knight bastard.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider

Struggling to think where to go if I don't take him down though. The other side of the map has that edgy red knight bastard.
There's like 20 caves and little dungeons you can do on the starting continent area

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Explore all of the first zone, then go way south over the bridge to the 2nd part of the 1st zone.

You can also walk around the castle on the east side and get into the 2nd zone for upgrades, especially the lake area (I did this).

Don't go east where the sky is red, that is the 3rd or 4th zone.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Way to over level for Margit, should be fighting him as a level 2 wretch with a diaper and club

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Playing as a caster this time, man it’s like a completely different game than my first play through of mostly melee. I just walk around spamming R1 and everything dies before it can even reach me. I don’t melee at all, barely ever have to dodge except bosses. Cleared all of limgrave and weeping peninsula easily, one shot every boss so far except a night cavalry I came on by accident and was out of flasks for mana. Playing an “intended” route this time getting all the quests done I can, wild how much of it I missed the first time. I’m sure the challenge will ramp up at some point just not sure where it’ll happen yet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Playing as a caster this time, man it’s like a completely different game than my first play through of mostly melee. I just walk around spamming R1 and everything dies before it can even reach me. I don’t melee at all, barely ever have to dodge except bosses. Cleared all of limgrave and weeping peninsula easily, one shot every boss so far except a night cavalry I came on by accident and was out of flasks for mana. Playing an “intended” route this time getting all the quests done I can, wild how much of it I missed the first time. I’m sure the challenge will ramp up at some point just not sure where it’ll happen yet.

Some of the bosses that are quck aggressive and dodge happy can be a bit of a challenge, and Rennala's magic resistance was so high I actually melee'd her to kill her faster, but otherwise sorcery wrecks in this game even without the cheese tricks and getting OP equip early.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you go through the trouble to get the Darkmoon Greatsword, you get the best of both worlds with minimal investment in STR. I sort of did that in reverse in my main playthough with an all around build that repecced into high INT after getting the weapon, but there are some solid INT scaling weapons you can nab for those fights against high aggression mobs and NPC invaders to get you over the hump. But watching my wife do parts solo without so much as a weapon or shield equipped, mostly abusing the shit out of night comet, I think you can dodge and nuke most of the way through the first third of the game without issue.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

A no flask caster run with something like these mods would be interesting.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

when you guys say "one shot" do you mean killing a boss in a single attack or on first try?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
A no flask caster run with something like these mods would be interesting.

Meh it’s already easy enough. Dying once cause of an unexpected fight while empty isn’t enough to get me to use that. I do think a blessed dew type talisman would be cool to be in game, I like passive regen. It would have to be like 0.5/sec though to not be stupid OP.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I save most of my FP for bosses and just to get over "some" trials in the way. 2-4 FP flasks always felt like enough.

But hey, if you just wanna enjoy the game and blast everything and everyone in every situation, no problems with people who wanna play with a mod that helps achieve that more easily.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Meh it’s already easy enough. Dying once cause of an unexpected fight while empty isn’t enough to get me to use that. I do think a blessed dew type talisman would be cool to be in game, I like passive regen. It would have to be like 0.5/sec though to not be stupid OP.
For me it's more about having a seamless transition between melee/casting. I dabbled in a dragon communion arcane bleed build and while it was effective I didn't really like the "weaponswitch-cast-cast-drink-cast-cast-drink-weaponswitch" rotation that casting in ER is designed around. A build with FP regen that encouraged intermittent casting to the point where it was optimal to keep a staff / seal equipped might be more fun for me.

Plus I didn't like being tied to FP flasks such that I'd use my weapon while exploring and only bring out spell casting when I knew when my next Grace would come or was fighting a boss.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For me it's more about having a seamless transition between melee/casting. I dabbled in a dragon communion arcane bleed build and while it was effective I didn't really like the "weaponswitch-cast-cast-drink-cast-cast-drink-weaponswitch" rotation that casting in ER is designed around. A build with FP regen that encouraged intermittent casting to the point where it was optimal to keep a staff / seal equipped might be more fun for me.

Plus I didn't like being tied to FP flasks such that I'd use my weapon while exploring and only bring out spell casting when I knew when my next Grace would come or was fighting a boss.

I'm usually mostly melee and anti caster/mana pots in most games, but in ER, the trash is sparce enough and the grace points are close enough that running out of FP/Flasks was never really an issue.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I found that fight just fine with no horse. I summoned Alexander and killed giant on 2nd or 3rd try.

I fight him phase 1 on foot since some of his sweeping attacks are hard to avoid on horse but very easy to dodge. 2nd phase he's extremely easy on horse. You can quickly get behind him and wack his ankles and he doesn't have many attacks that can hit you from there. More than likely he'll just roll away but you'll be back behind him again before he can start his next attack