Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There are plenty alternatives for people who want to play a pussy version of this game. The difficulty is fine. Plus nothing stops people from overleveling if they want to. And anyone bitching about runbacks in this game obviously never played the other Souls games, especially Dark Souls 1 and 2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This game with spirits was at times easier than Hogwarts. Without spirits is very reasonable.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Finally got this fucking pre-order in, always regret not buying two...

Attachments

• 20230413_090225.jpg
    20230413_090225.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230413_090236.jpg
    20230413_090236.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
RIP my original char, royal knight resolve lancer?

Claws buffed

See how these flail changes are, I got one with a sacred one and with sacred buffed too, maybe some new hotness

Wonder if guard counters will be useful in pvp

Talos

Alright, I played this when it came out but I did it blind - no looking anything up. After Limgrave/Stormveil I thought we were supposed to go to Caelid (even though the exit of the castle sort of points you to Liurnia - I'm an idiot). Had an awful time, got frustrated and bored with the game.

A few weeks ago decided to start a new playthrough. Going to Liurnia instead of Caelid has been so much better. Everything makes more sense now.

So if you are starting new, just that one tip will save you a lot of frustration. Do not go to Caelid after Stormveil, continue north to Liurnia.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Alright, I played this when it came out but I did it blind - no looking anything up. After Limgrave/Stormveil I thought we were supposed to go to Caelid (even though the exit of the castle sort of points you to Liurnia - I'm an idiot). Had an awful time, got frustrated and bored with the game.

A few weeks ago decided to start a new playthrough. Going to Liurnia instead of Caelid has been so much better. Everything makes more sense now.

So if you are starting new, just that one tip will save you a lot of frustration. Do not go to Caelid after Stormveil, continue north to Liurnia.
Exit first big dungeon. See glorious vista of the Lakes of Liurnia with the Disney Castle off in the distance...

fucks off to Scarlet Rot land and gets angry.

lol.

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 12 users

Caeden

Exit first big dungeon. See glorious vista of the Lakes of Liurnia with the Disney Castle off in the distance...

lol.
I really fail to see how that isn’t fitting at all. It’s peak gamer mentality. And he’s catholic. He probably whips himself.

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

lol.

Probably uses dex weapons or sorcery like a fucking pleb

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

You can do Liurnia before Stormveil too, which is what I did.

My mistake was not doing southern Limgrave, trap teleport to Caelid taught me that bridges are scary.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I got the game quite a bit later than most so there were plenty of guides out there that I tried to avoid while still looking for tips on which builds were not obviously gimped or OP. It's pretty hard to tell from an ashes name or +0 stats what's going to be good at +10 or +25.

One thing I did that helped a bunch without taking away any exploration enjoyment was looking at the zones by level map from one of the game wikis. Didn't tell me what to do in an area but at least I knew I wasn't going too far off the rails. In hindsight it's pretty obvious that if you go from looting smithing stone (2) to (4) you probably took a wrong turn but some directions aren't obvious, especially if you don't pay attention to all the quest text, dialog, and vendor notes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think a useful thing to do is, after you level or at near zero runes, just run around as much as you can trying to find graces or just familiarizing yourself with the map. There's no penalty in dying so you can just try to get past and see as much as you can. Then when you come back ready to kill you have at least some knowledge, all without having to spoiler yourself with outside the game knowledge.

• 2Like

Talos

I really fail to see how that isn’t fitting at all. It’s peak gamer mentality. And he’s catholic. He probably whips himself.
I also solo queue pub games in dota 2. Ranked.

In Total War games whenever I lose a battle I restart the whole campaign. I have never finished a campaign.

Every year I spend a few weeks modding a clean install of Skyrim and then never play it.

flagellation-da-vinci-code.gif

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Talos

Probably uses dex weapons or sorcery like a fucking pleb
I carry three str melee weapons and hard swap them. One for each damage type.

slash - bloodhound fang
strike - brick hammer
pierce - dragon halberd

That's probably retarded but it's been working for me so far. I'm considering putting some points in faith so I can use incantations but not sure yet.

I use the lone wolf spirit ashes.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

slash - bloodhound fang
strike - brick hammer
pierce - dragon halberd

That's probably retarded but it's been working for me so far. I'm considering putting some points in faith so I can use incantations but not sure yet.

Only one of those is a str weapon

• 2Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

slash - bloodhound fang
strike - brick hammer
pierce - dragon halberd

Do you hard swap them so you don't have to do any hard skips?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think Caelid is singularly responsible for a ton of the "Elden Ring is too hard" articles/posts/memes and whatnot.

Where should Caelid fall in the progression? I think after Altus Plateau but before Mountaintop. So probably like... Mt. Gelmir / Volcano Manor / Imperial Capitol tier? Maybe before those?

Seconding that Southern Limgrave is the key and I didn't start making progression in this game until I went to that area. I think that should be the goal before Margit is. Like Margit should be one of the last things done in Limgrave. A lot of people wouldn't be beating their heads on that fight that way.

But yeah, I bet a ton wander into Caelid well before they're supposed to and think it's the normal game progression and get rolled. The single biggest thing I'd tell new players to steer clear of (well besides Caelid itself) is that trapped chest that puts you in a nightmare-dungeon in Caelid. That place took a couple hours of my life trying to get out and I could see a lot of people just noping out and missing out on the game.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I think Caelid is singularly responsible for a ton of the "Elden Ring is too hard" articles/posts/memes and whatnot.

Where should Caelid fall in the progression? I think after Altus Plateau but before Mountaintop. So probably like... Mt. Gelmir / Volcano Manor / Imperial Capitol tier? Maybe before those?

Seconding that Southern Limgrave is the key and I didn't start making progression in this game until I went to that area. I think that should be the goal before Margit is. Like Margit should be one of the last things done in Limgrave. A lot of people wouldn't be beating their heads on that fight that way.

But yeah, I bet a ton wander into Caelid well before they're supposed to and think it's the normal game progression and get rolled. The single biggest thing I'd tell new players to steer clear of (well besides Caelid itself) is that trapped chest that puts you in a nightmare-dungeon in Caelid. That place took a couple hours of my life trying to get out and I could see a lot of people just noping out and missing out on the game.

I never understood how people could be playing an open world game and go to a place where suddenly the enemies take 4-10x more regular attacks to kill and deal 3-5x the amount of damage than the things you were just fighting and think "this is the right path, the developer made this too hard!!!" Like, think back across all the games you've played or ask a single person who has played a FromSoft game and they will tell you to just go find the other way to go.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never understood how people could be playing an open world game and go to a place where suddenly the enemies take 4-10x more regular attacks to kill and deal 3-5x the amount of damage than the things you were just fighting and think "this is the right path, the developer made this too hard!!!" Like, think back across all the games you've played or ask a single person who has played a FromSoft game and they will tell you to just go find the other way to go.

Well, you can cheese Commander O'Neil for phat exp and lewtz! Also, if you range them the Cleanrot Knights drop solid armour and weapons for that level.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It doesn't help either that most of the quick start guides take you to Caelid and Dragonbarrow very early since there's no keys needed and, as mentioned, there's good loot/xp and some easy cheese bosses. That's fine if you're on a second playthrough but if you're following one of those guides while simultaneously learning the game on a first playthrough it's gonna seem tough.

I want to say Caelid is where the enemies start to dodge and jump and counterattack much more. Prior to that you can pretty much parry/block and counter but at some point there shit starts to move like a real opponent and it takes more patience to wait for openings.