Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Had a couple of better summoning experiences last night. Threw the game on while I was doing other stuff, threw out the bait, and let it sit there. Had a few good boss fights where the person I was helping played somewhat efficiently, didn't waste a bunch of everyone's time, and had good fights with their bosses.

Seems like a bunch of people were using the Blasphemous Blade, definitely the most common weapon I've seen.

Also the fights I get summoned to the most are: Godrick, the giant red wolf in Renalla's castle, Godskin Noble, Golden Godfrey, and Rykard. Those five make up about 95% of the summons. I'm wondering if, on NG+++ (or whatever I'm on), I didn't hit a lot of those "summons now active" stone idols. Maybe that's why I'm not getting summoned to a diverse range of fights? I also haven't been to Haligtree or Crumbling Farum Azula yet so no summons for those. Not many optional dungeons completed in this run either. Guessing I would be getting summoned a lot more if I were still on NG with every area unlocked.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Had a couple of better summoning experiences last night. Threw the game on while I was doing other stuff, threw out the bait, and let it sit there. Had a few good boss fights where the person I was helping played somewhat efficiently, didn't waste a bunch of everyone's time, and had good fights with their bosses.

Seems like a bunch of people were using the Blasphemous Blade, definitely the most common weapon I've seen.

Also the fights I get summoned to the most are: Godrick, the giant red wolf in Renalla's castle, Godskin Noble, Golden Godfrey, and Rykard. Those five make up about 95% of the summons. I'm wondering if, on NG+++ (or whatever I'm on), I didn't hit a lot of those "summons now active" stone idols. Maybe that's why I'm not getting summoned to a diverse range of fights? I also haven't been to Haligtree or Crumbling Farum Azula yet so no summons for those. Not many optional dungeons completed in this run either. Guessing I would be getting summoned a lot more if I were still on NG with every area unlocked.

I thought Summoning in ER had to do with your proximity? Like if you're in Limgrave, you won't be summoned to help with Rykard, just the stuff around you in Limgrave. Did they change that at some point, or did I make that up completely?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Half Life, StarCraft, Resident Evil 2, Fallout 2, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot 3, Panzer Dragoon, Banjo Kazooie, Parasite Eve, House of the Dead 2, Mario Party, Pokemon Yellow, Baldur’s Gate, Rainbow Six, Heart of Darkness, Thief, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Turok 2.

Its got a banger in every genre and on every big console including PC.

Missed one. Redefined open world RPG and laid foundation for EQ.

1688764533409.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought Summoning in ER had to do with your proximity? Like if you're in Limgrave, you won't be summoned to help with Rykard, just the stuff around you in Limgrave. Did they change that at some point, or did I make that up completely?

Pretty sure they changed it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

If you use one of the gold "summon me" items, it lays a summon sign right where you are (good if you want to do a specific area, or help a specific person). The other summon item sends a summon sign to a nearby summoning pool (those stone things I think I might have missed a lot of). When you do this it gives you an option of whether to send the summon to nearby pools in that realm, or far away (which I think means the world).

So TLDR you have 3 options: summon sign right where you stand, summon sign sent to bosses in your current province, summon sign sent everywhere.

Just occurred to me that the vast majority of summons I got in previous runs were to Malenia and Mohg 2.0. Haven't fought either in this game. Fighting everything and hitting the summon stones in as many dungeons as possible is probably the key to getting summoned quick and to a big variety of fights. In a scenario like mine, it can take 10-15 minutes to get summoned and you get summoned to the same few things.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230708_194524.jpg

Whoaaaaa duuuude

Got a second Malenia sword and also just realized you can buy all her equipment. Playable Malenia

• 2Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Feels like it's been years since I last played this. Have there been ANY real updates on the DLC for this yet?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Feels like it's been years since I last played this. Have there been ANY real updates on the DLC for this yet?

Nope, just a lot of Youtube clickbait pretending there was. AFAIK, haven't really checked lately.

A lot of people thought the DLC would be out by the end of this year, or on the anniversary early next year, but now I'm hearing some "Q4 2024" stuff. I really doubt that and Fromsoft keeps things so close to the chest that I think Q4 2023 is actually a possibility still despite the lack of news.

Side note, I'm pretty confident that Switch 2 and PS5 Pro are both dropping in Q4 2024. So there's a remote possibility that the DLC will be held over to coincide with the Pro release and benefit from it graphically but I doubt it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It says something that the richest guy in the world (on paper) and also one of the busiest people in the world, when he has time to game, reaches for Elden Ring.

That shit blows my mind.

Still not sure if the build he posted was a joke or not

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I appreciate that guy's autism.

Yeah, VaatiVidya has done so much for the Souls games and Fromsoft in general. From helping people understand the stories and lore to just generally expanding the scope of these games with his content. I don't watch him much at all, but I appreciate his work and he deserves all the Youtube success he's had.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, VaatiVidya has done so much for the Souls games and Fromsoft in general. From helping people understand the stories and lore to just generally expanding the scope of these games with his content. I don't watch him much at all, but I appreciate his work and he deserves all the Youtube success he's had.
If you want to support him, he sells some of his art on Displate.

1692647528194.png

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>