Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
View attachment 504503
Love me some clothie. Alright, glad it's not that locked-in, cool. I'll give it a go with a wretch, see how far I get bf getting whacked :D Thanks!

Just a heads up, if you struggle with the first guy on a horse then you should just save time and pack it up because after him things get really hard

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, for a total first timer, a class might not be a bad idea because of some starting gear and spells.

The whole point of these games is to put on your big boy pants and have an exceptional time unparalleled in the gaming market. You can only experience these games for the first time once. Don't ruin it playing some faggot class who coasts on starter equipment for the first few hours.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Mmm, ER virgin here. Never played the ds games either. Just bought ER for xbx. I know of the ds memes as well as lmsh with the pot on the head. Mmm, thinking caster build to start with. So do I want to play wretch or astroleger?

I went into Elden Ring without Dark Souls experience and did fine melee. Unless you're a spaz it's not that hard despite the memes. Every time I was getting my shot pushed in I just had to remind myself to slow down and be more deliberate and not try to spam smash shit. There's a camp of guys close to the start that are good for some early levels and practice getting good.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The whole point of these games is to put on your big boy pants and have an exceptional time unparalleled in the gaming market. You can only experience these games for the first time once. Don't ruin it playing some faggot class who coasts on starter equipment for the first few hours.
If you think that ruins the whole experience, that's dumb.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Truth!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You know the thing that sucks about this game? After it was the only game I platted. There is still nothing that comes close. BG3 on series x on the couch as I get into it is pretty cool. But there literally nothing that beats this still. Or most likely ever will.

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I was just thinking how Elden ring and BG3 are the only really awesome games we have had in a couple of years.

All of the older franchises have been ruined or are still the same with minor updates.

The industry is in shambles. They even managed to kill my love for Total War.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You know the thing that sucks about this game? After it was the only game I platted. There is still nothing that comes close. BG3 on series x on the couch as I get into it is pretty cool. But there literally nothing that beats this still. Or most likely ever will.
Does BG3 play well on a console? I thought about getting it for my ps5. I held out but now I’m ready. Had to knock out some backlog.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
for me Lords of the Fallen did it okish to discover a world ... not the quality of Elden Ring but I enjoyed my time so far with it (not far into the game yet)

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
If you think that ruins the whole experience, that's dumb.

Did you read what I said? It ruins your chance to experience it a certain way the first time. And I’m of the belief that that extra experience is very worthwhile.

It doesn’t ruin the entire experience.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Does BG3 play well on a console? I thought about getting it for my ps5. I held out but now I’m ready. Had to knock out some backlog.

After 300ish hours I can say it is fine.

You'll miss ui mods and kb mouse convenience, but it works well enough.

Local coop is great fun and why i consider the console version as absolutely awesome.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah and I have it on PC too. I just get really tired of sitting in a chair these days. I keep toying with the idea of a huge PC build and hook it up through the set up on the couch, but the Series X does 90% of the job. Control wheels for BG3 were super easy to get used too. I’m even using custom markers on the map to come back too later. (Forgot to carry a shovel).

It runs great and looks fantastic on the 65 OLED and Spatial Audio is fantastic. (Running performance mode). Playing this game on the couch and slowing down to go through it all is so awesome. Made it 6 hours on the PC. Now I’m all in. Can still play on the PC too if I want with cross save. I’d do it. Just be prepared to ignore everything else for a while lol

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Alright, not for pussies. Found a spider with a sword, splat. Story time, okay. Did the tutorial place with my wretched. Block with... oh I can't block with my club, great. Roll time, nice. Got out. Found a bat, swatted it. It had 2 friends. You died. Can't find my corpse. Shit. DAFUQ HORSE DUDE!!!! I'll just sneak around DAFUQ BIG WALKER DUDE!

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Alright, not for pussies. Found a spider with a sword, splat. Story time, okay. Did the tutorial place with my wretched. Block with... oh I can't block with my club, great. Roll time, nice. Got out. Found a bat, swatted it. It had 2 friends. You died. Can't find my corpse. Shit. DAFUQ HORSE DUDE!!!! I'll just sneak around DAFUQ BIG WALKER DUDE!
Combat is much easier when you understand its basically ddr.

• 3Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hmm. Right now I'm sitting in a bush contemplating how to not die to one of the guys with torches.
Guys with torches are assholes in general. Once second youre cruising along on Torrent next you get slightly too close and they spam bash you until you fall off Torrent.

Ideally you wanna take some time and learn the nuances of the mechanics as they have a tremendous impact on how you fight, particularly bosses. Light v Heavy weighting, reach and wind up of different weapons, what enhancements work best with which weapon etc.

Last edited:
  • 4Like