Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So, kind of late to this but I finally picked up Elden Ring since its on sale on Steam. Have never played a Soulslike game before, but I've been watching some streams and I'm itching to dive into another RPG after playing BG3.

I was just wondering what controller is recommended to use when playing PC? I'm pretty sure mouse and keyboard would be much more difficult versus controller, so i figure its worth picking one up rather than beating my head against the wall due to controls on top of the game play also.
left hand xbox controller, right hand mouse with enough buttons to do all the nonsense.

There were a bunch of mods that made the camera / rendering / controls tighter on PC, no idea if they are needed or supported now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So, kind of late to this but I finally picked up Elden Ring since its on sale on Steam. Have never played a Soulslike game before, but I've been watching some streams and I'm itching to dive into another RPG after playing BG3.

I was just wondering what controller is recommended to use when playing PC? I'm pretty sure mouse and keyboard would be much more difficult versus controller, so i figure its worth picking one up rather than beating my head against the wall due to controls on top of the game play also.
You need to use a wired PS4 controller.

The PS5 controller has too much axial tilt when aiming and the XBoX line has less RAMs of Blast Processing which delays the execution of evasion mechanics.

If the controller isn't wired, it'll run out of power too quickly due to the sheer amount of dodge rolls you need to perform.

• 2Worf
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Feb maybe?

The complete lack of a Game Awards trailer was worrying. From trailers became a sort of "main event" on those shows over the years, with 2019 being the only time they didn't have a new trailer (because ER was too far away).

So no trailer... I don't know, this could be a ways off. Maybe they should just change it to an outright sequel? I have a feeling the DLC will be larger than most games anyway. Only issue is that they're probably balancing it around an endgame ER character and a new game would throw all of that to the wind.

You’re missing out on Sekiro. Fuckin great game if you can manage it.

I should probably resume that soon. I got to Genichiro, fought him the one time, and shelved the game for the holidays due to being so busy. A little worried that if too much time goes by I'll forget stuff / lose muscle memory since I was really "getting it" a few weeks ago when I last played.

So yeah, a little concerned I'll lose progress. Kind of cool how "losing progress" in Sekiro means declining in some way in RL, rather than just having your save file reset or something like in most games. They did a good job making Sekiro feel like an extension of yourself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Got mah horsie. Got mah 1800 bucks sword. Beat my first boss, boat guy, easy, 3K reward, nice. I think I'll go expore a bit, giddy-up. Hmm, where'd my ride go..DAFUQ INVADED BY ANASTASIA. You died... Corpse run, I think I'll sneak around, DAFUQ BIG GUY ROLLS, you died. Git gud you guys said, alright :S

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
God I wish I was playing this for the first time..
You have no idea, still wish I could go back into it for the first time......game is phenomenal and everything I could've asked for as a Souls fan.

Hoping I live to see the next iteration after the DLC.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Did the old sleepy dragon rune “exploit/boost” get fixed? That was useful on second playthroughs but felt cheap.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
How many mentions of Elden Ring are in the video though? It's mostly discussing traditional souls-- that which Elden Ring is not.

AFAIK no comparison was made to the direction Elden Ring has gone in. Two fucking retards over here. Get that DickRickle guy to complete the hat trick.
"Its a souls killer!"
"No way it's better than ER"
"Not THAT souls game! The other souls killer"

Note: At this moment Ds3 has double current players vs Lies of P.

Shrugs

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
F it, there is nothing to play atm so starting a 3rd full run. There are so many little secrets in Stormveil that I some how missed my first two runs and am now level 31 with 12 hours played an haven't touched Godrick yet. Reduvia feels cheap AF at the lower levels but think I'll do a full run with Marais' sword STR/ARC as I read it's been buffed since launch.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
F it, there is nothing to play atm so starting a 3rd full run. There are so many little secrets in Stormveil that I some how missed my first two runs and am now level 31 with 12 hours played an haven't touched Godrick yet.

love me Erdtree

• 1Truth!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I downloaded this again, started it again as a Wretch thinking of going full melee, and only using things that drop. But since I know there is a DLC coming, I am kind of hesitant since I am not sure if the DLC will only be X new area you can use an old character on to experience everything, or if it will be something that integrates into the whole game where a new start would be better to see everything.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
God I wish I was playing this for the first time..

Not saying ketamine will give you a far greater experience.

Not at all.

I never enjoyed any game experience like that and don't expect it ever again.

Dark room, big Oled.

Ketamine makes you so immersed that you have to remind yourself that you are not actually in the game world.

Don't try this out of the blue.

When you are so immersed in a game that you feel warmer when there is a campfire scene..

Last edited:
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sad state of gaming when the only thing topping Elden ring is Elden ring while high. I want to make some sort of analogy to gay men ingesting a fuckton of nitrates and meth for sex….Elden Ring is clearly a top. Does that make summons lube?

I disgust myself.

• 2Worf
  • 1Wow!
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I downloaded this again, started it again as a Wretch thinking of going full melee, and only using things that drop. But since I know there is a DLC coming, I am kind of hesitant since I am not sure if the DLC will only be X new area you can use an old character on to experience everything, or if it will be something that integrates into the whole game where a new start would be better to see everything.

Every From soulsborne DLCs have been a brand new end game area where you'd want an established character

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not saying ketamine will give you a far greater experience.

Not at all.

I never enjoyed any game experience like that and don't expect it ever again.

Dark room, big Oled.

Ketamine makes you so immersed that you have to remind yourself that you are not actually in the game world.

Don't try this out of the blue.

When you are so immersed in a game that you feel warmer when there is a campfire scene..

Doesn't ketamine stay in your system / keep you high for like 4 weeks though?

I'd like to try it, but I can't be all buzzed for weeks. Have to be able to drive and stuff.

Also have no idea what to say to a doctor to even get such a thing.

It sounds pretty awesome though and since I'm gonna take like two weeks off whenever Shadow of the Erdtree drops, maybe I'll look into it.

• 1WTF

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

I'd like to try it, but I can't be all buzzed for weeks. Have to be able to drive and stuff.

It sounds pretty awesome though and since I'm gonna take like two weeks off whenever Shadow of the Erdtree drops, maybe I'll look into it.

Few hours after useage you are fine and perfectly functional There is no hangover.

You will be more relaxed for a while after the trip, just like after a good lay.

In Europe you can just order the designer drug version online, it is dirt cheap and you buy it from a registered company.

Don't do it unless you are in good mental health.

Repeated useage will wreck you so stick to once every 6 months.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

They gave it to my wife when she hurt her back and my MIL when she broke her collarbone in a car accident. In the US the FDA have clamped down so hard on opioids cancer patients and chronic pain sufferers are killing themselves because they can't get relief. Ketamine is one of the alternatives they are using in their place but there isn't nearly enough/as much study on the long term effects as of yet.

Super excited about Shadow of the Erdtree, its the only thing I really have on my radar for next year at this point.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users