Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m pretty sure I could start up again and not have a fucking clue where to go.

• 5Like
  • 5Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I spent 45 minutes learning the game against that first camp’s major mob. Then spent like 3 hours trying to strategically get through those crossbow guys and troll in the tunnel thing before a buddy told me to just run through like all souls games. What? I was ready to break the goddamn controller.

Still used summons to dad mode the game. Malenia forced me to cheat with rivers of blood. I could not get her pattern down. At all. I think I almost beat her in my second or third try then that turned into 3 more hours of her hollowing out my ass.

I died so many times to that Troll, though I finally killed him before realizing I could just run right through. Haven't been that embarrassed by a video game since the first time I fired up EQ, died to an orc pawn in Freeport and thought I got PK'd by a player

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I must have played for a month before I realised I could attack from either side of the mount.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Let's be real, the DLC will add at least 1 more gay Radahn-style fight and at least a hundred grab mobs hiding behind corners or bushes. Miquella fight will make Melania fight look like Artorius. There will be an entire dungeon consisting of entirely Anor Londo style snipers.

What else can they do?!?

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Let's be real, the DLC will add at least 1 more gay Radahn-style fight and at least a hundred grab mobs hiding behind corners or bushes. Miquella fight will make Melania fight look like Artorius. There will be an entire dungeon consisting of entirely Anor Londo style snipers.

What else can they do?!?

Just one? I bet they are all like that.

• 1Mother of God

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I spent 45 minutes learning the game against that first camp’s major mob. Then spent like 3 hours trying to strategically get through those crossbow guys and troll in the tunnel thing before a buddy told me to just run through like all souls games. What? I was ready to break the goddamn controller.

Still used summons to dad mode the game. Malenia forced me to cheat with rivers of blood. I could not get her pattern down. At all. I think I almost beat her in my second or third try then that turned into 3 more hours of her hollowing out my ass.

Wait, Rivers of Blood was cheating? I just treated it like another strategy against Malenia. I believe that's how I got the win on at least one of my 3 wins, maybe more. It's kinda like using Mortal Draw in Sekiro, it's super effective but the game gives you that option.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

What else can they do?!?

Yeah I'm thinking new guy will be the story final boss and Miquella will be the Malenia equivalent as an ultra hard optional fight. Wonder if they'll figure Godwyn into this or save him for a hypothetical second DLC. Hoping they only do one and throw the kitchen sink into it.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1708668287460.png

Any idea what the fortress/fortresses are here? Looks like it might be the capitol?

This is gonna be on a new map (Miquella's Dream?) so this could be a location from the existing world as opposed to an entirely new place. Capitol city in the past is my guess.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 516001
Any idea what the fortress/fortresses are here? Looks like it might be the capitol?

This is gonna be on a new map (Miquella's Dream?) so this could be a location from the existing world as opposed to an entirely new place. Capitol city in the past is my guess.

The only thing they have said is that this is the location of were Marika touched the world, I am guessing that it is the capitol, and possibly Nokron(before they got punished/banished to the depths)

The weird thing is the twisting Erdtrees' (maybe 2 trees fighting for "control"?), could be Messmer/Marika fighting sense we have 0 clue who the fuck they are.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not into the Messmer thing-- but I trust From is going to do the DLC story in a way that makes sense having spent years in development.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Story making sense?

Should have said consistent with Elden Ring original lore and storytelling. Messmer is a nobody.

Like others, I don't really care for them pulling a character out of left field just for the DLC to make something up, but I'll give it a fair shake.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Should have said consistent with Elden Ring original lore and storytelling. Messmer is a nobody.

Like others, I don't really care for them pulling a character out of left field just for the DLC to make something up, but I'll give it a fair shake.

Yar, all they needed for this DLC was to just have Miquella be the main antagonist/driving character, like everybody expected. The Messmer reveal really kinda stalled out the trailer for me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yar, all they needed for this DLC was to just have Miquella be the main antagonist/driving character, like everybody expected. The Messmer reveal really kinda stalled out the trailer for me.
What if Messmer is Miquella?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, it's not like From doesn't have a history of having characters being someone else or other weird shit. Maybe it's some Trinity style bullshit.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That Eurogamer article linked earlier actually addresses it somewhat:

Miyazaki provided Eurogamer with further details of the expansion, and confirmed that Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin has not provided fresh material.

"As for George Martin's involvement, essentially it is the same as it was with the base game," said Miyazaki. "The DLC Shadow of the Erdtree is based on one part of that original mythos that he penned for us. It's not a brand new mythos that he's written specifically for Shadow of the Erdtree, he has not created something new which informed the design of the DLC. It's simply another part of the original story that we thought fit to tell as a new expansion."

So nothing new seems to have been added, its just something they didn't utilize...yet. They probably just held off on it because they could do an actual DLC for the content.

I will say that it was particularly smart to get Martin's involvement over and done with early on so they could do whatever they wanted without him. lol

I wonder if there will be other DLCs down the road or what - according to the lore nuts there's a ton of references to other things we haven't seen yet. That Elden Ring is only one continent of a larger world.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Rendering judgement upon an Elden Ring DLC's story after watching a trailer is pretty foolish.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Agree with Tuco Tuco . You all should know better than discounting a From DLC based on a short trailer and one character reveal. They fucking deliver and I have no problem preordering this DLC which I never do for anything.

• 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one that can’t be bothered with Elder Rings’ story?

“Big shiny tree on fire now. Ok man.”
- probably me

• 2Solidarity