Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I always assume if it's a Japanese game (any genre) it isn't going to make any sense and move on. All I want to know is can I kill this Mob or not.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ve definitely been playing mostly Japanese devs lately with a smattering of American indie stuff. Exclusion I guess for hogwarts. A lot less of The Message. Just good gameplay and sometimes a decent enough story.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
It’s the same style of storytelling in every dark souls game and exactly what most people want from a fromsoft game. Want a linear narrative? They are a dime a dozen from other studios

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The worlds and characters/monsters they create are so out there I think a definitive story would ruin a lot of the atmosphere in their games.

"What the actual fuck is going on this place?" Works well in these games

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Went and finished off my NG+++ run (or tried to). Only had Farum Azula left. Maybe I'm out of practice or maybe NG+++ is real hard, cause it took me all evening and well into the AM. Maliketh took a bunch of tries, finally saw what people are talking about. Then the Elden Beast basically did me in.

Couple questions:

20240224_033334.jpg

What are those towers in the distance here? Don't remember them being there in the past, or at least never spotted them. This is taken right outside of Godfrey's room / the Elden Throne, looking northeast towards Mountaintop of the Giants. On the map I'm pointed towards the town in Consecrated Snowfield with the gaol and annoying invisible enemies. But I don't see any towers there or around there. That whole area across the way should just be the snowfield.

Also, people were saying Fallingstar Beast Jaw trumps Elden Beast? I switched to it and while I did do a bit better than my previous weapon, I still only got it down to like 70% health on my best go. Lightning doesn't reach far enough to help close distances, and the big double swing powerstance does good damage but it isn't breaking the fight or anything.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Went and finished off my NG+++ run (or tried to). Only had Farum Azula left. Maybe I'm out of practice or maybe NG+++ is real hard, cause it took me all evening and well into the AM. Maliketh took a bunch of tries, finally saw what people are talking about. Then the Elden Beast basically did me in.

Couple questions:

View attachment 516184
What are those towers in the distance here? Don't remember them being there in the past, or at least never spotted them. This is taken right outside of Godfrey's room / the Elden Throne, looking northeast towards Mountaintop of the Giants. On the map I'm pointed towards the town in Consecrated Snowfield with the gaol and annoying invisible enemies. But I don't see any towers there or around there. That whole area across the way should just be the snowfield.

Also, people were saying Fallingstar Beast Jaw trumps Elden Beast? I switched to it and while I did do a bit better than my previous weapon, I still only got it down to like 70% health on my best go. Lightning doesn't reach far enough to help close distances, and the big double swing powerstance does good damage but it isn't breaking the fight or anything.
They probably don't realize its been nerfed since it's most overpowered incarnation. Also I'm pretty sure the people who used it just spammed the art of war.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Let's be real, the DLC will add at least 1 more gay Radahn-style fight and at least a hundred grab mobs hiding behind corners or bushes. Miquella fight will make Melania fight look like Artorius. There will be an entire dungeon consisting of entirely Anor Londo style snipers.

What else can they do?!?

Big monster that jump up in the air, lands and goes FABOOM

and you roll out of the way

Take my money

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Big monster that jump up in the air, lands and goes FABOOM

and you roll out of the way

Take my money

I hope the first DLC boss is super easy, like an Asylum Demon clone. People come away going "what the hell was that" and have low expectations, then... wham, all the other bosses are ridiculous murderfests.

They probably don't realize its been nerfed since it's most overpowered incarnation. Also I'm pretty sure the people who used it just spammed the art of war.

That makes sense, the art is very cheap and can be spammed. Reminds me of the ice axe, which also got the nerf bat.

Well, this means I wasted materials and a respec. Doesn't matter though cause I'm starting over from scratch next time I play it, in April or whenever it ends up being.

Anybody have advice on a good weapon for the Elden Beast? And are its attacks holy element? Equipped a holy resist talisman, still got killed. Actually having more trouble with Radagon overall, and by the time I get to the EB I'm low on heals.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Beast is basically getting good at dodging that ridiculous rain he has and the holy sword slashes while u work on him till he submerges again

Holy resist never really make a diff for me, if you're not dodging that shit you're learnin or dyin

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Anybody have advice on a good weapon for the Elden Beast? And are its attacks holy element? Equipped a holy resist talisman, still got killed. Actually having more trouble with Radagon overall, and by the time I get to the EB I'm low on heals.
Fire.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Resists are the difference between getting one shot by that stupid holy wave arc move at an inopportune moment and living to flask. Again, your build is largely going to dictate how you need to reconfigure during this battle. The rain is rarely the issue for anyone who has made it this far in the game. Its more his tendancy to run away. Easiest time I have had killing him (and Marika prior) was swapping Raduvia, the Black Knife, and Maeliketh's blade effects and just avoiding him while the dots do their thing mostly. Neither of them are immune to those weapon arts and they all work off of hp percentages.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
well hes dying to something and its not the mob submerging, those are the 2 big ones imo

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Raw physical damage is ultimately the best, even though he cannot be staggered. If you are not two hand unga bunga, then do what was suggested and work fire in since they resist that element the least. Failing that, MLGS really works well with the right talismans, even though Beast is Sorcery resistant, mainly due to it connecting often on the Beast and being low mana for a long period of shots. Rykards is not too bad either.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

physical incantation damage. pretty sure it's quest-only though, so you won't have access to it unless you did the chain for it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Resists are the difference between getting one shot by that stupid holy wave arc move at an inopportune moment and living to flask. Again, your build is largely going to dictate how you need to reconfigure during this battle. The rain is rarely the issue for anyone who has made it this far in the game. Its more his tendancy to run away. Easiest time I have had killing him (and Marika prior) was swapping Raduvia, the Black Knife, and Maeliketh's blade effects and just avoiding him while the dots do their thing mostly. Neither of them are immune to those weapon arts and they all work off of hp percentages.

So hit them with Raduvia to proc that, then switch to Maliketh weap (what's it called?) And proc that? Having a couple DoTs running while the Elden Beast flops all over the battlefield would be great, cause I was rarely getting near it to do anything.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
well hes dying to something and its not the mob submerging, those are the 2 big ones imo
When I die at the Elden Beast part of the fight it is usually because either I was blowing stamina dodging the holy rain or ring thing, then he unleashes the fucking wave arc attack at the same time. The wave arc is the one move that pisses me off the most, because he can apparently frame cancel into it which makes ranged exchanges exceptionally risky. That whole fight is beyond retarded, especially having to do it back to back with Radagan every fucking time. Radagan actually pisses me off more, as he has so much frame cancel and autotrack that he might as well be a fucking Bloodborne boss.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
physical incantation damage. pretty sure it's quest-only though, so you won't have access to it unless you did the chain for it.
As a caster, I have done the rock toss or the Bow spell to good effect, even with his resists to Sorcery. MLGS with the Godrick talisman and other gear has seemed to be the easiest way to beat both phases.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So hit them with Raduvia to proc that, then switch to Maliketh weap (what's it called?) And proc that? Having a couple DoTs running while the Elden Beast flops all over the battlefield would be great, cause I was rarely getting near it to do anything.
If you are running a summon for this fight, Poop Man is by far the best option, as well. There is also a black assassin dagger you can get that does a similar percentage dot thing and all three effects can be active at once. I had to resort to that retardation on my dagger run because getting close enough to dagger or whip EB was basically impossible and even if I did my bleed was not going to do anything.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Another point is if you summon a player phantom to help and they face plant, grats on a much harder fight

If you've summoned just one person, bosses will receive a 60 percent buff to their health as well as a 50 percent buff to its resistances.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users