Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, but obtaining him locks you out of his ending and getting the Nephiri Loux summon, for you completionists out there. Nephiri is actually a fairly rock solid summon, but she is just not as good as Poop Man. Plus the steps to obtaining her are about as restrictive as getting old Poopy himself. But you can get her summon and the Poop Man ending in the same playthrough.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, but obtaining him locks you out of his ending and getting the Nephiri Loux summon, for you completionists out there. Nephiri is actually a fairly rock solid summon, but she is just not as good as Poop Man. Plus the steps to obtaining her are about as restrictive as getting old Poopy himself. But you can get her summon and the Poop Man ending in the same playthrough.

The Dastardly Doodoo Devourer!

I wonder if he is one of GRRM's contributions to the overall lore.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Considering all the other perverted shit he puts in his work, I think its a given. But Japanese culture is obsessed with poop eating as a way to absorb souls, so could be FROM just as easily.

kroenen

Regimen Morum

Talk about unlucky timing. Enotria: The Last Song is a soulslike game that announced its Friday June 21 launch on February 18, a mere three days before FromSoftware would finally reveal the Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree release date.

You can’t compete with that, and Enotria developer Jyamma Games knows it. This is why Enotria’s release date has been delayed.

“I wanted to thank all the gamers and content creators who supported us during the launch of our latest trailer,” Jyamma Games CEO Giacomo Greco writes on Discord. “We are perfectly aware that release on the same day as Elden Ring for us, as for any other game, would be suicidal.”

“For this reason, we were ready immediately to be able to take different paths and possibly postpone the game. On [March 21], during the Future Game Show, we will release our gameplay trailer, and on that occasion, we will also let you know the new release date of our title. We will also have another big news to communicate to you on [March 21], so we ask you to be patient and to continue to follow and support us.”

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Poop man holds agro better than any summon for a variety of reasons. He spams a debuff that really draws agro, he has a weapon that procs bleed, and his AI actually gets in there and in the face of the enemy. You can set yourself up like Poop Man and pop a Mimic Tear and while it will be more survivable, it won't hold agro as well because of his debuff and how the AI runs him vs the Mimic. Its pretty much how I have beaten Milenia the last couple times.

This. The dude literally beats the everliving shit out of Milenia in the first phase. Get her near the walls and he keeps her on the ground.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This. The dude literally beats the everliving shit out of Milenia in the first phase. Get her near the walls and he keeps her on the ground.
Does he shit in her mouth after?

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The Dastardly Doodoo Devourer!

I wonder if he is one of GRRM's contributions to the overall lore.

IIRC Sekiro had enemies that reached into their own ass and pulled out a soul stone or something like that, or maybe they reached into your character's ass. I don't remember, only saw it in a YT video and don't think I saw it ingame. Point is From is really into Butt Stuff and those old Japanese ideas of the soul being stored in there n' shit.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I only soft skip pee content. If Ranni happens to squirt on you, what can you do? 🤷‍♂️

"Thoust is truly tarnished now!"

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Started a new game after feeling the itch.

After yoloing my initial playthrough and using that Golden Halberd for like 80% of the game doing to actually make an effort to try different shit and bows this time. Lol. Not really interested in a Glintstone build but maybe I'll respec and fuck around.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sorcery is worth a play through, and I'm usually a melee guy, and if you still feel the need to melee some, you can do the best of both worlds and do a Darkmoon Greatsword sorcery play through. That thing is a beast once you get it going.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I did things in a slightly odd order to beeline for both Poop Man Puppet and the Gransax Spear. Holy fuck I forgot how much that spear's weapon art wrecks shit. Got it and maxed it out and have been bulldozing the game ever since that point, single shotting damn near every boss since I got it. My build is not even optimized, since I have stat points sunk everywhere for some utility. Biggest shock was one shotting Commander Neal, which was not even a close fight. Watching +10 Poop Man solo minibosses is fucking hilarious too. I am going to be so complacent and lazy by the time I get to Melenia.....

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Going to go through some quests I never completed before this time too. I didn't even get Nagakiba last time but I will be going straight for it this time.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did things in a slightly odd order to beeline for both Poop Man Puppet and the Gransax Spear. Holy fuck I forgot how much that spear's weapon art wrecks shit. Got it and maxed it out and have been bulldozing the game ever since that point, single shotting damn near every boss since I got it. My build is not even optimized, since I have stat points sunk everywhere for some utility. Biggest shock was one shotting Commander Neal, which was not even a close fight. Watching +10 Poop Man solo minibosses is fucking hilarious too. I am going to be so complacent and lazy by the time I get to Melenia.....

If you like pokey weapons then DRAGON KING'S CRAGBLADE is probably worth checking out. Most people think it's a fun weaponskill but I seemed to die a bunch trying to use it.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you like pokey weapons then DRAGON KING'S CRAGBLADE is probably worth checking out. Most people think it's a fun weaponskill but I seemed to die a bunch trying to use it.
I have played around with it before and it is fun, but everything in this game is so twitchy that connecting that move is basically nearly impossible. It can be fun in casual PvP, which I am not really into. Other issue is that you get it so late in the game that unless you are trade twinking, you are mostly done with the game and stuck with a slow animation lightning weapon that the last two bosses are extremely resistant to. I honestly would switch the locations of the Gransax and Cragblade, both for balance and fun factor.

Another fun combo to try out that works with this general build is the Guardian's Swordspear with Phantom Slash on it. Its really fast and great damage for modest FP cost, plus depending on what you are doing as far as the rest of your setup you can integrate some weapon buffs into the mix. You can also use whetstones to bake in damage types and status effects if you want. This can work well with the Naginata, but the Guardian Swordspear has more reach and seems to hit harder with this art. Plus its great in PvP because no one really expects it and it will wreck anyone trying to trade hits with you, especially the double great poke jump and hump spammers.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
This post has unscurred me to actually trying to play this game. Wife and I bought it after beating ghost and I had her driving in the first area and shit got her shit destroyed by that first spider looking thing. We noped out like pussies

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just fired it up today. I actually never even used Unsheath in my first (and only playthrough). I seriously got that stupid Golden Halberd within the first few hours and used it the entire game.

Unsheath is really god damn strong.